Ray Allen Will Be Fine

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Ray Allen Will Be Fine

Danny Granger had another big night!!   HAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree Ray needs a couple of games off.  I believe he and PP are the only ones to have not missed a game this year (?)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yup, you are 100% correct Hedley.  Out of that entire team, those two - both 30somethings, by the way - are the only ones to have played every game this season!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Ray Allen Will Be Fine:
    [QUOTE]Ray is just tired.  I'm more concerned with Jeff Green. He's already played 19 games and Doc still hasn't figured out how to maximize Green's abilities.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
       I agree. Doc is a good coach, but he's not perfect and his main fault is he plays the big 3 too many minutes and doesn't trust his younger players such as Green and Wafer enough. Green should be playing 30 minutes a game. Wafer should have played more minutes this season. I said it a few days ago here and I and others have said it before the season started that Ray would get tired late in the season if Doc didn't manage his minutes properly. Guess what? Doc made the same mistake with Ray again this season.
        Ray will be just fine with some rest. Fortunately during the playoffs, the players get more days off than they do during the regular season. This will help Ray again as it also did last season. As for now, his lower shooting % the past month will probably continue until he gets some rest which will be during the playoffs. 
        Everybody has hindsight. It is now looking like the C's may have been better off if Doc retired and Tom Thibedeau had taken over the Celtic head coach position. Never the less, as a die hard fan, I'm putting my hope in Doc again. He just frustrates me at times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen Will Be Fine:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen Will Be Fine :    I agree. Doc is a good coach, but he's not perfect and his main fault is he plays the big 3 too many minutes and doesn't trust his younger players such as Green and Wafer enough. Green should be playing 30 minutes a game. Wafer should have played more minutes this season. I said it a few days ago here and I and others have said it before the season started that Ray would get tired late in the season if Doc didn't manage his minutes properly. Guess what? Doc made the same mistake with Ray again this season.     Ray will be just fine with some rest. Fortunately during the playoffs, the players get more days off than they do during the regular season. This will help Ray again as it also did last season. As for now, his lower shooting % the past month will probably continue until he gets some rest which will be during the playoffs.      Everybody has hindsight. It is now looking like the C's may have been better off if Doc retired and Tom Thibedeau had taken over the Celtic head coach position. Never the less, as a die hard fan, I'm putting my hope in Doc again. He just frustrates me at times.     
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Green can't play D, Wafer was hurt and was learning to play D but wasn't there, Nate stunk it up, Luke looked like a scared kid, Semih was hurt 50% of the time, Shaq was out 60% of the season, West was out 80% of the season, JON was out 75% of the season, Bradley was worse than Luke, Perk was injured the first half of the season.   So, exactly how would Doc be able to not play the starters?   They are tired because he ran them into the ground and he ran them into the ground because there was NO bench other than BBD all season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen Will Be Fine : Green can't play D, Wafer was hurt and was learning to play D but wasn't there, Nate stunk it up, Luke looked like a scared kid, Semih was hurt 50% of the time, Shaq was out 60% of the season, West was out 80% of the season, JON was out 75% of the season, Bradley was worse than Luke, Perk was injured the first half of the season.   So, exactly how would Doc be able to not play the starters?   They are tired because he ran them into the ground and he ran them into the ground because there was NO bench other than BBD all season.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%, Celtsfan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In response to Celtsfan4 life,
        Some of your points are valid, but I disagree with a few. Green is a good player, period and should be playing more than the 18 to 20 minutes a game he's getting. Secondly, Wafer was available almost all season. The only injury I recall was the calf strain that side lined him for about 3 weeks until earlier this week when he returned. 
        It seems that you don't trust the bench players much either, other than Big Baby. 
        The main point of this thead is Ray's fatigue. I agree that Doc has ran him into the ground as you put it. If Wafer, Daniels and recently Green had been played more, Ray would have fresher legs now and thus he would be shooting better as well as playing better D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I'm not worried about ray.

ray allen shoots the ball exactly the same way, every time, but cannot create his own shot. it's up to the team to create his shots for him. that's why we have such a good record when he scores 20+, it's a symptom of good ball movement

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

How is Danny's assortment of misfits working these days?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Someone needs to check Tony's age.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The age of all trolls is about 21.  They are young kids who were never  good at sports and excelled at nothing.  They do this out of the frustration that being loser and no talent brings out.  They are no consequences to anonymously calling people out and getting in one's figurative face.

These guys have a lot of time on their hands and with mommy and daddy most likely paying all their bills. The desire to disrupt this BB is great victory in their very small unachieving lives. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

im sure ray will be fine ...when ray plays good we win almost all the time...!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In response to Celtsfan4 life,     Some of your points are valid, but I disagree with a few. Green is a good player, period and should be playing more than the 18 to 20 minutes a game he's getting. Secondly, Wafer was available almost all season. The only injury I recall was the calf strain that side lined him for about 3 weeks until earlier this week when he returned.      It seems that you don't trust the bench players much either, other than Big Baby.      The main point of this thead is Ray's fatigue. I agree that Doc has ran him into the ground as you put it. If Wafer, Daniels and recently Green had been played more, Ray would have fresher legs now and thus he would be shooting better as well as playing better D.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Mem17, first:  I believe Ray will be fine so I agree with Fierce's post.

Second, I see your point on Wafer - he could have played more (assuming he was playing good D).

Third, can't agree, yet on Green.  I'm a HUGE Georgetown fan.  I've had season tickets for 15 years.  I've seen Green a lot.   He has a great basketball IQ and he's a better defensive player than he's showing, BUT, he has been playing terrible D. Green picked up bad habits in OKC.  He lets his man go to their strong hand on the baseline where he can get no help.  He's fouling as a result (and I'm not worried about his fouling out - but the points and lack of D).  He can't get enough minutes because he cannot learn the defensive assignments on a defense oriented team.  So, I don't think Doc can do much more with Green until he learns the D.

Fourth - Green and especially 'Quis were not going to help Ray's minutes.  They are small forwards and neither plays shooting guard (on offense nor on defense).  So, while Wafer would have helped Ray's minutes, these two guys are irrelevant in that discussion.