Ray Allen yesterday

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Ray Allen yesterday

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jason Terry through 7 games is shooting 51% from the field and 69% from the 3 point line.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo glad to see Allen gone! He can go down to SB and cry with Wade and work on his golf game {please take donny marshall with you...caddy}. He clogged the offense last year and yeah, he was a pretty decent trail guy on the break but as soon as the break was stoppeed, he was useless. He could not beat anyone off the dribble and I bet Greg Kite could go around him when he was TRYING to play D. And I mean today...Right now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

A shooter is a shooter is a shooter. Ray allen having a bad preseason wont make him any less dangerous as long as he is on the court. Leave him open if you want!! If im coaching, im still playing him close.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

When the C's hang the banner this year, Allen's going to remember that decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the C's hang the banner this year, Allen's going to remember that decision.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its preseason.

that said, im more than happy with our replacements.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Why are you watching Ray Allen's stats?  This is why the Ray departure keeps gettiing the Press's attention - because fans won't drop it.  He's gone.  Forget about him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I love Jason Terry.  Nobody put more fear in Lebron and Wade's heart in 2011 than Jason Terry.  He  destroyed them in games 5 and 6 and led the mavs to a championship.  So far he looks just like that guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Ray is a worn out tire...one trick pony..a traitor..and now a cry baby...

He's gonna find out that other players are not going to commit to setting 2o screens just to set him free..especially lebrains...and Wade..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

yea..sort of the stats he got while his last years with the C's..just inconsistent..the fact that he does not want to admit that his best ball is gone, that he is just a role player at this point, makes me wanna puke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This is why the Ray departure keeps gettiing the Press's attention - because fans won't drop it"

Umm...no. 

It's because Ray Allen keeps  bringing it up in interviews and providing more dramatic and controversial details. 

He's the one that needs to drop it, he's burned bridges at several franchises now. No hard feelings, be quiet and move on and it blows over. 

Reporters aren't watching the BDC to see which threads are being started, sorry to disappoint

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"This is why the Ray departure keeps gettiing the Press's attention - because fans won't drop it"

Umm...no. 

It's because Ray Allen keeps  bringing it up in interviews and providing more dramatic and controversial details. 

He's the one that needs to drop it, he's burned bridges at several franchises now. No hard feelings, be quiet and move on and it blows over. 

Reporters aren't watching the BDC to see which threads are being started, sorry to disappoint

[/QUOTE]

it comes up in interviews because the reporters ask.   They ask because they know fans will read their articles and pay attention to it.  Law of supply and demand:  If there's no demand for a product - the suppliers stop making it.  In this case, if there's no demaind for articles about Ray, then reporters will move on to the next topic.   Right now, they get your and other people's attention with this stuff.

If we move on, they will move on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Umm...no. 

Hey Cfan.  You are quite right,  They want controversy.  

[/QUOTE]

it comes up in interviews because the reporters ask.   They ask because they know fans will read their articles and pay attention to it.  Law of supply and demand:  If there's no demand for a product - the suppliers stop making it.  In this case, if there's no demaind for articles about Ray, then reporters will move on to the next topic.   Right now, they get your and other people's attention with this stuff.

If we move on, they will move on.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

smile....its not just the posts that reporters are listening to but to fan conversations everywhere.  And if you think reporters don't listen to tweets, chat rooms, etc, you're very very naive.   Just go to many sites like Celtics Life, Hoops world, Prosports Daily and even the "comments" sections after articles written in places like ESPN and others.   Just look at how many fans respond.

You are naive if you think writers don't know what gets our attention!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I know the press keeps this going,  but Ray doesn't have to respond to this stuff either.  He especially doesn't have to say stupid things  and controversial things either.  The latest  concerning Rondo was definetly not called for.  He needs to learn to take the high road.    Personally I think he is beginning to realize he made a mistake and is trying to justify it to himself.  I think he sees the writing on the wall.  The pasture isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  I for one am glad he is gone.  He defense had gotten to the point it was embarrassing.  Waiting for him to come of 3 picks, not get open and us having to force a shot with 2 seconds on the clocked happened way to many times.  Anyone that couldn't see the difference when AB got into the starting lineup was just blind.

A lot of people around here acted like he didn't have a problem coming off the bench.  I knew he couldn't handle backing up AB.  I knew Doc was blowing smoke when he said Ray told hiim to bring him off the bench.  If he did its because he knew it was happening anyway.  I miss the old Ray,  but he lost a lot of respect from me the way he handled himself during his courtship with the Heat and has made it even worse in the press lately.  To say its not on him is ridiculous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Unless he's playing games before the game...trying to get under Rondo's skin..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the press keeps this going,  but Ray doesn't have to respond to this stuff either.  He especially doesn't have to say stupid things  and controversial things either.  The latest  concerning Rondo was definetly not called for.  He needs to learn to take the high road.    Personally I think he is beginning to realize he made a mistake and is trying to justify it to himself.  I think he sees the writing on the wall.  The pasture isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  I for one am glad he is gone.  He defense had gotten to the point it was embarrassing.  Waiting for him to come of 3 picks, not get open and us having to force a shot with 2 seconds on the clocked happened way to many times.  Anyone that couldn't see the difference when AB got into the starting lineup was just blind.

A lot of people around here acted like he didn't have a problem coming off the bench.  I knew he couldn't handle backing up AB.  I knew Doc was blowing smoke when he said Ray told hiim to bring him off the bench.  If he did its because he knew it was happening anyway.  I miss the old Ray,  but he lost a lot of respect from me the way he handled himself during his courtship with the Heat and has made it even worse in the press lately.  To say its not on him is ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that Ray is likely realizing he made a mistake in leaving.  He likely feels a little remorse and misses the Celtics, the fans, and the city.   I don't care who you are, when you leave a "good life" for something you think is better, you always have doubts.   Ray is likely experiencing that.   

When the reporters hit him or he reads about people bashing him, he feels the need to respond rather than taking the high road.   Is hard, but he has to just let it go.  

All of this is an issue for fans, for Ray, and for the coaches/players/Danny because both sides really do regret what happened.   

You only get angry when you really care!!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Blaming the fans for the ongoing whinning of Ray is quite a stretch.  Reporters would hardly pay attention anymore if it wasnt for Ray's "explanations" to the media.

Case in point, this is a Celtics forum yet no much talk going on about Ray.. so what precipatates all the threads we see today about Ray??? Correct, his mouth...  which builds more resentment for Celtic fans and prob players..

Of course, now the reporters smell blood and will stay on the topic.  Ray fed them over and over.. not the fans.. reporters care very little  what fans think...  gossip, sex or scandel are what sell these days and thats whats keeping the story going, not fans...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blaming the fans for the ongoing whinning of Ray is quite a stretch.  Reporters would hardly pay attention anymore if it wasnt for Ray's "explanations" to the media.

Case in point, this is a Celtics forum yet no much talk going on about Ray.. so what precipatates all the threads we see today about Ray??? Correct, his mouth...  which builds more resentment for Celtic fans and prob players..

Of course, now the reporters smell blood and will stay on the topic.  Ray fed them over and over.. not the fans.. reporters care very little  what fans think...  gossip, sex or scandel are what sell these days and thats whats keeping the story going, not fans...

----------------------------------------

You're kidding, right?  Your post is internally inconsistent.  On one had you say fans had nothing to do with it but on the other hand you cite the many threads about Ray and you also say reporters care very little about what fans think?   You really think Reporters can sell papers and articles without fan interest?   You really think Sports Writers don't play up to sports fans to keep issues going and to play up to what they think fans will respond to?   Wow.   

Last - no one is "blaming" the fans for Ray's comments.  I'm simply stating that as long as the topic is of interest to fans, the reporters will keep making comments and Ray keeps responding and we go around and around.   Hate to see it because based on a few comments (many of which are likely true), we fans are now criticizing a guy who's fan friendly, articulate, did what was asked of him while on the team, smart about managing his money, did great work in the community, had the work ethic and professionalism we want all the "spoiled athletes" to have, etc.   

He's gone.  I love the new team.   Let's let him keep talking and stop trying to bash Ray.   He's not bashing fans.   If we are objective, we'd say there's enough bad blood and blame to go around between Ray, Rondo, Doc, and Danny.   On to the next phase of a history for our great franchise!!

Just trying to be objective about this, my man.