Ray and the basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Ray and the basketball

In Response to Ray and the basketball:
    [QUOTE]... As great as Ray is, ANYTIME hes in traffic, he makes Tony Allen look like Pistol Pete with the ball. Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

No one makes Tony Allen look like Pete Maravich even if you put a wig on him and make him wear gray, floppy socks - and then he wouldn't/couldn't imitate Pistol.  TA is simply the least gifted offensive player in the NBA.  Nothing Ray Allen could do would drop him to TA's level.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Ray and the basketball:
    [QUOTE]Karl, did you see Ray's ball handling and passing in tonights game vs Atlanta?   Also, when the Celtics won that critical game against the Lakers in LA in our championship year - do you remember who handled the ball at the end and won the game? Ray's not a great ball handler, but he's ok and a great foul shooter.  I'd rather have him handle than Paul.   Rondo can't shoot a FT so we can't give him the ball at the end (46% FT shooter!!!!).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Celticsfan, keep watching.. I said when Ray is in traffic or attempts to be creative with the ball. Hes not good.. I dont care what he did against Atlanta. The body of work speaks for itself.

Also, the critical play against the Lakers that Ray made in 07.. it was a clear out, a 1on1 situation with no traffic in the middle of the floor. As I posted earlier, hes fine going to the hole in a clear path 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karl, Wow...  It is rare that some one is proven so wrong immediately after they take such a strong position. Don't let this keep you away from the board. Wow... Did you see what the Celtic defense did to a young, quick, serious contender? The Hawks were held to 34.6% field goal shooting and 77 points. Wow... Compare that to the 102 points and the 44.7% field goal shooting that they allowed against Toronto, the worst team in the league. It just goes to show what the Celtics are capable of doing when they have the right attitude, and don't play on cruise control.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

TeamUmbutu, one game doesnt erase years of history, especially one that we're up 30 points early.

I didnt see the Hawk game so I imagine Ray did alright. Doesnt change my opinion at all because Rays had trouble with the ball for awhile.

By the way, my head has a know the size of KGs from that slap but Ill still keep posting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Wow.

What color is the sky in your world?

Ray did not lose the Raptors Game, the Celtics did not play defense. While it always helps to see the games, the box scores should provide overwhelming evidence to this issue.

The worst team in league scores 102 points against the Celtics? Did they play any defense?

A solid Hawks team score 77 point against the Celtics. Did they play any defense?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Karl,

I understand your point.  Ray is certainly not as good in traffic as in a clearout.  He's not a point guard.  I just don't think he's as bad as you're making him out to be.  While its clearly not the strength of his game and he's no Chris Paul with the ball, he's adequate.   

In any case, we need Paul AND Ray to be dribbling only for 5 seconds and headed to the basket, not dribbling for 20 seconds to create their own shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karl, I understand your point.  Ray is certainly not as good in traffic as in a clearout.  He's not a point guard.  I just don't think he's as bad as you're making him out to be.  While its clearly not the strength of his game and he's no Chris Paul with the ball, he's adequate.    In any case, we need Paul AND Ray to be dribbling only for 5 seconds and headed to the basket, not dribbling for 20 seconds to create their own shot.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well, if your watching tonights game vs Nets, Rays putting on a show of how not to dribble and pass.  Ray is below avg ball handler for an NBA guard imo.

Like I said intially, watch a few games and youll see. You watched the Atlanta game and came to a conclusion. Tonight, hes Tony Allen reincarnated

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray and the basketball : Well, if your watching tonights game vs Nets, Rays putting on a show of how not to dribble and pass.  Ray is below avg ball handler for an NBA guard imo. Like I said intially, watch a few games and youll see. You watched the Atlanta game and came to a conclusion. Tonight, hes Tony Allen reincarnated
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

AGREE 200%!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

He does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh why did he have the ball

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sometimes a player is in the spot and has to make the play, like on a break. Ray was on one and looped a soft pass to I dont know who.  Its like he gets to a place and then figures this pass will look good if someones there to catch it, so he throws it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

One thing on who we're beating and who we're losing to...

Last year (at least through mid year) we were consistent against the bad teams, but won very few "big" games other than the opener vs cleveland.  Remember how everybody sulked about our record against the leading 3 teams in the east, plus when we lost at home to LA?

Well now we have it in reverse and everybody's complaining that we're losing games that we should win.  Which would you prefer?