Ray on why he blames the Celtics for his departure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Ray on why he blames the Celtics for his departure

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/ray-allen-says-celtics-put-me-in-the-position-where-we-had-to-move-doesnt-appreciate-booing-fans.html

I find this quite interesting.....Ray didn't feel wanted and thought the Celtics should've offered him a better contract....? I am a little disappointed in him.....but then, that's just my take...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Ray on why he blames the Celtics for his departure

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/ray-allen-says-celtics-put-me-in-the-position-where-we-had-to-move-doesnt-appreciate-booing-fans.html

I find this quite interesting.....Ray didn't feel wanted and thought the Celtics should've offered him a better contract....? I am a little disappointed in him.....but then, that's just my take...

[/QUOTE]

When Ray says the Cs didnt value his game im guessing its because they chose to play Bradley over him.... Im also guessing thats what Rondo wanted because Bradley could run the floor where Ray only ran baseline to baseling.....Make no mistake Ray was treated great the whole time he was here but his fragile ego is what made him move on  ...nothing more nothing less....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah good riddance at this point.  Bradley was out playing him last year, and ainge still offered him more money than Miami.

He is now a very one dimensional player.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I really am surprised that as classy as we all thought that he was....he chose to leave this organization (his teammates...his coach...his fans....who all wanted him to stay)....

money didn't sway him....pride did.....oh well....good luck Ray......sorry to say that your number will never go up into the rafters like we all thought it would....it's on you pal....BUT....thanks for the years you gave us and the banner you helped us hang up there...you were special while you were here...I'm sorry it didn't work out.....truely I am....!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah I have no ill feeling, but he doesn't have a right to complain either.  Just own it and moved on.  the Celtics did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I say good riddance to him...take you lesser contract be an older one dimensional player in Miami.... I watch Courtney Lee and I would take him in a heartbeat over Ray.... Lee runs the court, can go to the hoop and plays way better D than Allen could ever do.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Every player sooner or later is faced with  father time..but I actually thought that he would be classier than this. There is no guarnteed starter minutes for anyone (although Terry is a pretty good imitation). Kg and Paul will likely face the same issues soon enough. I don't think anyone thought that bradley would be the final  nail in the coffin..We may miss a game winner here and there, but we have a much better team built for the long run..Cant wait to see bradley/Lee on allen...yeah..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say good riddance to him...take you lesser contract be an older one dimensional player in Miami.... I watch Courtney Lee and I would take him in a heartbeat over Ray.... Lee runs the court, can go to the hoop and plays way better D than Allen could ever do.... 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  then when you throw Terry in it is a huge updrade. Terry never would have signed here if Allen was still here.

Lee/Terry > Allen by a mile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think Ray finally did the math and is now having buyers remorse.  You see, I firmly believe, when people leave situations and are happier where they are, they don't bash where they've been.  If things aren't what they thought it would be at the new home, then they find excuses as to why they still aren't there.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Especially when that grass is for 3 million less and 1 more year of work to get it.  It is always hard for great players to accept age and diminishing skills but it happens to them all.

The Celtics roster is better because of Rays choices.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Lee/Terry > Allen by a mile."

Absolutely. I have no ill will towards Ray and it's time for him to move on. The only one who still brings Ray up here (in terms of "we lost Ray and that's going to hurt us") is an anti-Rondo troll who wants to hang this all on Rondo.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

This whole thing with Allen has been written about till "ad nauseum". Ray, we loved you while you were here. Move on and get over it. It's a business, that's all.

Hetch 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for posting this article.  They were discussing this on the radio.  As they stated he is twisting the facts to suit him.  Not sure what he expected but the Celtics offered him more money than Miami did.  I definitely don't feel the same towards him and Celtics fans will react negatively and he should expect to be booed when he returns to Boston. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Thank you Ray for being such a prima Donna.  The team is so much better now that you are gone.  No more slow down O waiting for you to run around 3 dudes to come off a screen and hopefully nail a 3, they way the celtics rebound on O, c'mon, so painfull.  No we have C Lee and JT bombing, slashing, cutting passing, blocking, stealing, just killing it out there with Rondo dishing slick dimes to guys who can finish above he rimmmmm!  Finally some uptempo fast breaking show time hoops to go along with a nasty D.  Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm very thankful for Ray leaving the Celts. 

Just look at the Celts now, fastbreak dunks!

No more lay-ups getting blocked on the fastbreak!

Even if the Celts only got Terry and no Lee, Terry is way better than Ray at age 35 than Ray is at age 37.

But not only did the Celts Terry, they also got Lee. Wow!

[/QUOTE]

and the Brazilian Blur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rays friends and family thought he wasnt being dealt with properly.. way to pass the buck Ray.

My feeling is Ray saw the writing on the wall with Avery. The young kid nobody liked suddenly became a valuable player...valuable enough to start in front of Ray. He didnt sign with the C's cause he knew there was a good chance he'd be coming off the bench imo. I dont think his ego was handling that idea well.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rays friends and family thought he wasnt being dealt with properly.. way to pass the buck Ray.

My feeling is Ray saw the writing on the wall with Avery. The young kid nobody liked suddenly became a valuable player...valuable enough to start in front of Ray. He didnt sign with the C's cause he knew there was a good chance he'd be coming off the bench imo. I dont think his ego was handling that idea well.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure the constant trading talk had a lot to do with it.  Of course I read that we were even ready to give him a no trade clause.  I think Ray ended up taking a lot of polish off of my perception of him.  I think I can throw the class part out the window now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sure the constant trading talk had a lot to do with it.  Of course I read that we were even ready to give him a no trade clause.  I think Ray ended up taking a lot of polish off of my perception of him.  I think I can throw the class part out the window now.

[/QUOTE]

Most people can be classy and nice when they're sitting on top of the world. It's when you hit those bumps in the road, you see the true character come out.  I still believe Ray is a classy guy but I also feel he's damagin his reputation with these comments, even if he truly feels it.

He said Miami was a better choice based upon what the team was doing... I think that makes it clear, Ray didnt want to be second banana behind AB

..and Ray, dont cry over boo's.. its every fans right to BOO... they pay dearly for that right..  and they are not employed to be your cheerleaders ....  fan, short for fanatic.. take the good with the bad, along with the millions and millions of $$$$ all NBA fans have helped you earn..

"We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing, so it wasn't -- don't boo me. Boo the team, in a sense."

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/ray-allen-says-celtics-put-me-in-the-position-where-we-had-to-move-doesnt-appreciate-booing-fans.html "We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/ray-allen-says-celtics-put-me-in-the-position-where-we-had-to-move-doesnt-appreciate-booing-fans.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Ray who?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See Yeah...BYE! We can find a bunch of players to go 0-11 in Game 7 of the Finals. We has always been a give and then take away Player. Appreciate 2008 Ray......Hope your golf game comes around.