Ray to retire a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Re: Ray to retire a Celtic?

Ray left because he could not stand playing next to Rajon Rondo and because he knew that the Celtics almost traded him to Memphis.  Unless, he knows that Rondo is being traded, he is not coming back. 

Ray does not have much left in the tank...does that mean that Danny is trying to trade Rondo...again?  That is the more intriguing point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I'd take him back but not $1 more than the vet minimum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Under no circumstances should the Celtics sign Ray Allen again.  There is no scenario that would warrant him returning to the Celtics.  And I like Ray but he's no longer a Celtic.

Ray made a decision last season (to leave Boston).  Now he must live with that decision.

Wish him the best but his Celtics career is over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

why WOULD we bring him back? what will he offer that we absolutely need?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

no worries, it won't happen.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

You can file this under "thing that will never happen". There is no way Ray comes back to the Celtics. You don't say the things that Ray said about his teammates and the organization unless you have moved on with no intention of return. The chemistry is gone..and it's not coming back..and neither is Ray.

I thank him for all the good years he gave to Boston..but he's moved on..and so have the fans.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hey, perk can be had on the cheap.  If ray doesn't hit tonight he'll be very available...

you thinking what I'm thinking?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Not unless that ball hogging diva leaves first.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Yeah, RA returning.  That'll fix our problems.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't buy this returning to the Celts talk.  I think that Ray is thinking of hanging it up.  I would rather remember Ray for what he gave the Celts.  I still remember his great performance against Chicago in 2009.  I will welcome it if Ray signs a 10 days contract with Boston and then hangs it up.  I will not vote for retiring his number.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not even a remote possibility! He only played with the Celtics for 3 seasons! Then he left the team to play with the biggest cheaters of all time, though it would not have made any difference which team he chose over the Celtics he traded his shot at any chance of retiring as a Celtic when he left. Scalabrine yes! Allen He11 no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!