RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!

Ray,

We love you, but your ball handling skills are just terrible!  You fumble the dribble more often than not!  Your lazy passes are just dangerous.

Keep it simple:  Run-Catch-Shoot...  :-)  Leave ball movement to someone else.

Go Celts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!

Ray is a decent ball handler. Please tell me his average turn over ratio compared to other off guards. He also is fine in the assist dept. You have to lay out some facts before you make such statements. Convince me with some facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!:
    [QUOTE]Ray, We love you, but your ball handling skills are just terrible!  You fumble the dribble more often than not!  Your lazy passes are just dangerous. Keep it simple:  Run-Catch-Shoot...  :-)  Leave ball movement to someone else. Go Celts!
    Posted by markp99[/QUOTE]

Except for that time he blew bye Sasha V. and went opposite side to Pau for that lay-up in game 6.../... look he's not the best, but you shouldn't post this garbage. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!:
    [QUOTE]Ray, We love you, but your ball handling skills are just terrible!  You fumble the dribble more often than not!  Your lazy passes are just dangerous. Keep it simple:  Run-Catch-Shoot...  :-)  Leave ball movement to someone else. Go Celts!
    Posted by markp99[/QUOTE]

You're in the minority so far, Mark.  Ray is not a great ball handler but he's not as bad as you make him seem.  His assists are important to us as he passes to the open man when coming off the pick and he has served us well in emergency situations of having to bring the ball up.

This post is an insult to a great Celtic player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Pierce turns the ball over alot when he tries to create his own shots.  When Rondo is out, Pierce and Allen both have more turnovers.  KG had 5 turnovers in the last game, team highest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

If you looked a Ray's field goals last night, I think 3 or 4 were created by him off the dribble. He aint the best but he gets the job done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tillson174. Show Tillson174's posts

He really shouldn't handle the ball much.  Neither should paul unless he is trying to get a crucial shot towards the end of the game.  Rondo should handle the ball at almost all times.  He is the reason Ray Allen and Paul Pierce's stats haven't dropped off at all in the past 3 years.  Rondo is the best passing pg in the league at this point.  He knows where everyone is.  Let him initiate the offense.  The guys on Ball Chat talk about this in episode 15.  www.ballchat.podbean.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray is no doubt very shaky with the basketball.  On breaks and in traffic hes a coin toss whether he throws it away or buries himself on the baseline with nowhere to go.

In a 1on1 situation, its different. With space to see, its different.

In traffic or even pick n rolls, hes trouble. Plain and simple.

I discussed this a while back and got slammed by some. If you watch Celtic games closely, it'll be clear Ray shouldnt be in a position of playmaker or running the break.  His strong suit is spot ups and coming off screens to drill jumpers.

This does not mean Ray isnt extremely valuable to the Celtics. Just like pointing out Rondos flawed FT shooting doesnt mean we HATE Rondo.

Its a fair observation imo that I agree with, when put in perspective

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

only a few off guards are great ball handlers.  The issue is not whether Ray shouldn't be the playmaker.  Of course not, that's why you have point guards.  The issue is the start of this thread......"RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!" and the poster's introduction is an over statement and is way overboard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!:
    [QUOTE]only a few off guards are great ball handlers.  The issue is not whether Ray shouldn't be the playmaker.  Of course not, that's why you have point guards.  The issue is the start of this thread......"RayRay should not be handling the ball, ever!" and the poster's introduction is an over statement and is way overboard.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Good point maybe..

I dont think the person that started this thread intended the headline be taken literally. I mean, then we might as well bench Ray cause he wouldnt be allowed to handle the ball...ever  lol

My impression is Ray sometimes gets into the mix of ball handling or driving to the baseline to nowhere , then making bass or careless passes.  Happens often when hes in that situaiton.

My guess is thats what hes referring to

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I'll take those moments of an occasional bad pass compared to him freeing himself up for his mid range game, or making a good pass on the break, or the pick and roll which leads to a bucket. Point is more good comes with the ball in his hands than bad. Maybe its in the eye of the beholder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Yes, yes, and yes.   Just a little lunchtime hyperbole.  :-)

No stats, except for my eyes.  I was thinking more the fast-break scenarios where Ray seems to frequently lose his handle on the ball.

So, to re-state my post:

Ray, you can touch the ball.  Just not on the fast break. OK??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Allen used to play some pg with Seattle.  He isn't a bad ballhandler at all for an off guard.