Ray's Return

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Ray's Return

With the team struggling as of late, it seems like this forum is filled with trade proposals and some complaints, and it feels like everyone is overlooking tomorrows game. I still think we can beat any team in the East in the playoffs, and our biggest competition is the Heat. Tomorrow, I will be at the game and make sure to BOO Ray as loud as i can. Does anyone have any ideas for chants to do or signs to make so that Ray knows Boston hates him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ray's Return

Why would Boston hate Ray?

The guy was awesome here for years.  Sometimes things don't work out and he moved on.  No big thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As a fan I am dissapointed that that every fan didn't bring a box of HoneyNut Cheerios to the game and shake them every time Carmello touched the ball when we played the knicks this week, especially when Marv "Mr" thong and toupe". Knikerbocker was doing his usual " obecjtive" Knick  # 1 fan commentary. Allen is harder though, he was actually, unlike Perk a integral part of our 07-08 championship he is and always be a Celtics  traitor in the manner of Paul Westphal.I think an exceptionally silent response would be the best way to let betrayed fans get their message across. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Let's see:  Ray was great in the community, he was a great spokesman who was eloquent and well educated, he demonstrated how hard work pays off, he did work for juvinile diabetes among other charities, he swallowed his pride and stayed quiet throughout his time here even when he thought he was used incorrectly, he played hurt, and the only time he spoke out against the infamous Rondo was upon leaving.  He even volunteered to come off the bench so Doc wouldn't have to make the call and only made an issue of it after the season was over so as not to have any internal strike come out during the season.   

He moved on.  That's it.   Free agents move from one team to another all the time.  That's the nature of professional sports (all of them).  Like you and me - the man was free to change jobs and the ONLY time in his career he chose to switch teams was this last move.   I ain't mad at him.   I moved on as well and will pull for the Celtics to beat the Heat and that's all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

When they show his video on the jumbotron with all the big shots he hit and the 08 title, you have to give him a standing ovation!

Once the game starts and the first time he touches the ball, boo the hell out of him!

A good way to show him we love what you did for us and it wont be forgoten, but we are still mad you chose to go with the enemy.

This is coming from the biggest ray allen fan also!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't hate Ray, no point in booing him at all. 

Yeah his "class act" thing was a tad fraudulent - behind the scenes we know he was a bit of a whiner and a diva, but he played well here and did a lot. No hard feelings as I see it.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Let's see:  Ray was great in the community, he was a great spokesman who was eloquent and well educated, he demonstrated how hard work pays off, he did work for juvinile diabetes among other charities, he swallowed his pride and stayed quiet throughout his time here even when he thought he was used incorrectly, he played hurt, and the only time he spoke out against the infamous Rondo was upon leaving.  He even volunteered to come off the bench so Doc wouldn't have to make the call and only made an issue of it after the season was over so as not to have any internal strike come out during the season.   

He moved on.  That's it.   Free agents move from one team to another all the time.  That's the nature of professional sports (all of them).  Like you and me - the man was free to change jobs and the ONLY time in his career he chose to switch teams was this last move.   I ain't mad at him.   I moved on as well and will pull for the Celtics to beat the Heat and that's all.

All good objective points , but I'm not trying out to be a national talking head. Ray was absolutely an integral part of us winning our latest ring,no doubt. Ray also decided to put his ego and percieved "personal legacy" ahead of being a Celtic. Benidict allen is  the best at his role ever in NBA history but,that isn't what being a Celtic is about. Hondo could have jumped ship and added a a few thousand points, a few zeroes to his last contract(s) and maybe even another ring had he not been a true Celtic. Mr William Felton Russell could have been statistically more higher ranked,and more accreditted nationally had not been a true Celtic. The Jones boys,Satch,Cowens,Duck, McHale,DJ,JoJo,Bird,Pierce,KG all could have rode off in to the sunset as their birth names but chose to ride off as a Celtic. I would never watch another game after watching,playing and coaching all my cognitive life if there was no more Celtics. I consider myself a true Celtic fan, so objective that!!!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

All good objective points , but I'm not trying out to be a national talking head. Ray was absolutely an integral part of us winning our latest ring,no doubt. Ray also decided to put his ego and percieved "personal legacy" ahead of being a Celtic. Benidict allen is  the best at his role ever in NBA history but,that isn't what being a Celtic is about. Hondo could have jumped ship and added a a few thousand points, a few zeroes to his last contract(s) and maybe even another ring had he not been a true Celtic. Mr William Felton Russell could have been statistically more higher ranked,and more accreditted nationally had not been a true Celtic. The Jones boys,Satch,Cowens,Duck, McHale,DJ,JoJo,Bird,Pierce,KG all could have rode off in to the sunset as their birth names but chose to ride off as a Celtic. I would never watch another game after watching,playing and coaching all my cognitive life if there was no more Celtics. I consider myself a true Celtic fan, so objective that!!!!! 

Ainge was a true Celtic, and he was traded. It's a business, they tried to trade Ray at least 3 times, plus the Celtics were the 3rd team Ray played for, it's not like he was always a Celtic!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't care about RA at this point.  I moved on long ago.

I hope  the fans boo everybody.  Heat, RA, & everybody on the Celtics.

C's need a fire lit under their a** until they feel it.

As the C's seem incapable of doing it, I hope the crowd makes a big statement in this game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Don't care about RA at this point.  I moved on long ago.

I hope  the fans boo everybody.  Heat, RA, & everybody on the Celtics.

C's need a fire lit under their a** until they feel it.

As the C's seem incapable of doing it, I hope the crowd makes a big statement in this game.

Amen...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

To each his own on this one...

Cheer or BOO him, whatever makes you feel good.

Ray was a huge player for us.. Its nice he was a community angel etc but that means nothing to me...  Heck, Mother Teresa could have played for the C's but if she couldnt knock down the big 3 ball, ship her out.

I cant really say what I would do if I was at the game today... Probably polite clapping during the intros and thats about it. Then its Celts vs Heat and Ray is a thing of the past