Ray..............the 4th Prima Donna

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Ray..............the 4th Prima Donna

I have been somewhat disappointed in Ray Allen's veiled complaining.  Perhaps I thought that he was more stable than what he has shown lately.

For such an intellingent veteran player, he does not seem to see that his skills have diminished with time, age, and injuries.  He has always been a spot up shooter, but could drive much better and play much better defense when he was younger.

These two deficiencies have made him a one trick pony, and he may very well still kill you in the clutch with his shooting.  However, he was a distinct liability on defense, he turned the ball over far too many times, didn't stop his guy from rebounding (a lot), didn't get many rebounds or drive to the hoop in the last several years.

It was his decision to take 67% less money from the Heat compared to the $5 M that the Celtics offered him, and I think that he should have just said that "he needed/wanted a change" and left it at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since Ray has been casting epithets towards the Celtics I have been thinking that he belongs with the Heat.  He fits right in with the rest of the Prima Donnas..........LeQueen definitely has a mouth that is wide enough for his feet, Bosh has a mouth that opens when he goes for a dunk when the Heat are getting blown out.........and Wade always has mouth towards the refs when he doesn't get a call..........so Ray deserves the Heat..........but wait til he becomes a "decoy" on the Heat......there definitely are not enough "balls" on the Heat to go around and the mouths will start a pumpin once the regular season begins......

[/QUOTE]
    Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Don't understand why he feels the need to blame the Celtics for his departure and twist the facts to suit him.  He deserves to be booed when he returns to Boston.  Not sure what he expects, unless he really wants Celtics fans to dislike him.  Most of us always thought Ray was a classy guy, but he certainly is proving
    to be just the opposite. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The Mouth's stat line last night vs NO

30 mins    3-10  FG  2-6   3's    5-5 FT   4 reb   4 ast   2 st   2 TO's    13 pts

He is a hired gun now, that's it.................I agree with Susan, he should be booed.  I respected him for taking less money to go to MIA, but, Ray.......................shut the heck up NOW!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Mouth's stat line last night vs NO

30 mins    3-10  FG  2-6   3's    5-5 FT   4 reb   4 ast   2 st   2 TO's    13 pts

He is a hired gun now, that's it.................I agree with Susan, he should be booed.  I respected him for taking less money to go to MIA, but, Ray.......................shut the heck up NOW!!!

[/QUOTE]

I have no respect for his taking less money to play as a hired gun to steal a ring with the enemy. He played five years here and we thought he was part of it as is career wound down. The guy is a jerk.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to damfuno's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since Ray has been casting epithets towards the Celtics I have been thinking that he belongs with the Heat.  He fits right in with the rest of the Prima Donnas..........LeQueen definitely has a mouth that is wide enough for his feet, Bosh has a mouth that opens when he goes for a dunk when the Heat are getting blown out.........and Wade always has mouth towards the refs when he doesn't get a call..........so Ray deserves the Heat..........but wait til he becomes a "decoy" on the Heat......there definitely are not enough "balls" on the Heat to go around and the mouths will start a pumpin once the regular season begins......

[/QUOTE]

You should base your comments on what you saw him do here on and off the floor and not on a sound bite.

I doubt anyone posted that ray was a donna while he wore green.  He was the first one on the floor for practice and a game.  He hustled more then anyone and no one ever questioned when he took time off due to an injury,

[/QUOTE]

We didn't have all the facts when he was here.  We didn't realize he was a whiner the whole time until this off-season.  Winning can cover a lot of personnel issues.

Say, who was it that brought Ray here in the first place????