RE: DeShawn Stevenson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

RE: DeShawn Stevenson

Bill Simmons : "If the Celtics don't sign DeShawn soon, I'm throwing a tantrum. The only thing that stops LeBron better than DeShawn Stevenson is the fourth quarter."

I couldn't have said it any better myself!! And now that our "stopper" Jeff Green may miss time, seems like an even better idea by the minute, although I like the add even if Jeff plays all 66 games. A veteran defensive stopper almost like Tony Allen, except he can hit 3's all day. Please tell me someone in our front office has at least explored this...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: RE: DeShawn Stevenson

if they dont do something, they are basically waving the white flag for this season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Aside from Dallas, who has cap space available??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Not sure if it is possible, but I'd love it. Not only can he get in lebron's head he is pretty good shooter which we need onthe bench. Vet's minumum doesn't leave much hope though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Celtics should be able to get a waver from the league because of  Jeff, it is not clear if the contract will be voided or what????  But there should be some kind of window here because of void contract, league waver, or use of insurance, that would free up some money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    Wow Jeff Green out for the season. Contract voided.

It appears the contract has been voided, If this is true, we have money to spend.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm hearing rumors about Travis Outlaw as a favorite target, as well.  6'9" like Green, streak jump shooter who could (conceptually) defend  other small forwards well.  He lost his starting job with the Nets but was at least he was a starter at one point after they threw big dollars at him.  He's an amnesty player now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: RE: DeShawn Stevenson:
    [QUOTE]I'm hearing rumors about Travis Outlaw as a favorite target, as well.  6'9" like Green, streak jump shooter who could (conceptually) defend  other small forwards well.  He lost his starting job with the Nets but was at least he was a starter at one point after they threw big dollars at him.  He's an amnesty player now.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Outlaw was picked up by Sacramento

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7364052/sacramento-kings-claim-forward-travis-outlaw-waivers-new-jersey-nets

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yup....I was late in picking that up.  Thanks for updating me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to RE: DeShawn Stevenson : DeShawn Stevenson will play for the vet's minimum?  Throw all the tantrums you want, Bill Simmons.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Do we know which teams need a 3 and have better than a vet minimum to offer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

INJURY EXCEPTION

$4.5 million

Will the Celtics pay all the taxes involved, though (Jeff Green's contract plus the 4.5 plus the tax on both)???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]INJURY EXCEPTION $4.5 million Will the Celtics pay all the taxes involved, though (Jeff Green's contract plus the 4.5 plus the tax on both)???
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Celtics didn't go that route.

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    Wow Jeff Green out for the season. Contract voided.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RE: DeShawn Stevenson : Contract voided means we have no money to spend. 1) Will his contract be voided?  In all likelihood yes. Even though the team came to terms with Green on a one-year nine million dollar deal, that deal was contigent (as all deals are) on Green passing his physical. The detection of this condition obviously prevented him from doing that, which makes the C’s likely to void the deal, especially since the nine million dollar salary would have counted double since it put the C’s roster payroll well over the 70 million dollar luxury tax. 2) Will the Celtics be able to use some kind of roster/injury exception?  In all likelihood, no. Assuming the C’s void the contract, there is no injury exception to be had, since Green would not be a part of the official roster. Obviously they still have the roster spot to play with to sign an additional free agent, but they would only have the minimum’s veteran  to spend on any such player. 3) What happens to Jeff Green?  Assuming his contract is voided and he does not sign a deal with anyone else this year, Green would remain as a restricted free agent under Boston’s control for next season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Again....you just copied and pasted this.. pretending you know something.
    http://celticshub.com/2011/12/17/jeff-green-will-miss-entire-season-to-undergo-heart-surgery/
    Don't use other resources if you don't know. Either you tell everyone  you copied this information, you are fraud like Stern.
    People are not stupid, they read news.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Stevenson got MURDERED by LeBron in the playoffs when he was with the Wiz. He SAID he could stop him, but he didnt and his team lost to Cleveland three times in the playoffs. LeBron ate him alive, except for one game. He is a typical Bobby Huggins thug with a decent shot and a big mouth. I dont want him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to RE: DeShawn Stevenson:
    [QUOTE]Bill Simmons : "If the Celtics don't sign DeShawn soon, I'm throwing a tantrum. The only thing that stops LeBron better than DeShawn Stevenson is the fourth quarter." I couldn't have said it any better myself!! And now that our "stopper" Jeff Green may miss time, seems like an even better idea by the minute, although I like the add even if Jeff plays all 66 games. A veteran defensive stopper almost like Tony Allen, except he can hit 3's all day. Please tell me someone in our front office has at least explored this...
    Posted by EastCoastAudio[/QUOTE]     I am convinced this guy is the best left out there to give Ray some rest, Moore is unproven and much better than Bradley, but we need a proven vet this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Stevenson isn't exactly a model citizen, and how that might play to the Celtics brass will have a major effect on whether they even think about him.  He's admitted to statutory rape (14 y-o girl), and was arrested for public drunkeness in a fairly obscene t-shirt last summer, aand it's believed to have cheated on the SAT exam in high school (somneone else took his test for him) that probably led to his direct entry into the league from high school. He's has had knee and back surgery that have limited or at least have diminished his athletism, so says the Dallas Morning News. One or two decent games against Queen James should not be the only criterion by which he's judged appropriate for this team.  This is not at all like trading to get DJ to cover Andrew Toney. That was a total package player who became one of the all-time best Celtics' guard.