Rebounding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rebounding

In Response to Re: Rebounding:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : then you assume: 1) KG at the 5 x 82 games is really a good idea 2) KG won't get hurt 3) collins will perform some unlikely role 4) sullinger, a rookie with limited rise, will perform some unlikely role 5) green at 9M a year is an advisable move- that's a big chunk TO the salary cap 6) KG at 11M per year was a good move.  KG should have come to the table and signed for 1-3M like shak did.  or not at all you take the difference in the KG money, sign green at 5M and your cap problems are gone and you cna get yourself a dandy 5
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Your points are solid. The rebounding needs are screaming for attention, yet nobody listens. Where I disagree with you is that signing KG for 2to3 million is a pipedream. Signing Green for five just as a unrealitic.  What do we do if we can't sign a bona fide rebounder we watch as KG gets worn down or injured as you say.  The Celtics seem to be saying this is the team they  will play with next year and we are stuck with it.  Sign Green and trade him for Varajeo is that possible?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : then you assume: 1) KG at the 5 x 82 games is really a good idea 2) KG won't get hurt 3) collins will perform some unlikely role 4) sullinger, a rookie with limited rise, will perform some unlikely role 5) green at 9M a year is an advisable move- that's a big chunk TO the salary cap 6) KG at 11M per year was a good move.  KG should have come to the table and signed for 1-3M like shak did.  or not at all you take the difference in the KG money, sign green at 5M and your cap problems are gone and you cna get yourself a dandy 5

Good point.  By the way I think you should go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you want 5 bucks an hour.  You know, for the good of the company.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Sign Green and trade him for Varajeo is that possible?

There you go.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : Good point.  By the way I think you should go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you want 5 bucks an hour.  You know, for the good of the company.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Boy I love your posts.

LaughingLaughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Is there a team that is not vulnerable to injuries?  Should we have assumed last season that Rose will get injured?  Would you prefer Stiemsma and Ryan Hollins over Wilcox, Collins and Melo?  If C's are exposed at 4, how am I assuming that Sullinger will perform an unlikely role.

Unless and until you are proposing a blow up and rebuild, I just don't see how you could have put together a roster.  Perhaps Danny should have sent you to talk KG into accepting the 1-3M deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : CBA rules does not allow that.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Precisely.  You can't sign and trade a free agent.  But you can do that mid-season.  So all that Danny could do was acquire chips and contracts so that he could explore trade options mid-season.  Along the way he filled critical holes.  Jason Terry was an excellent acquisition.  AB will be back mid-season.  If he comes back strong, a combination from the mix of Lee, Green, Bass, Sullinger, future picks and the contract match fodder (12-15 on the roster) will be available to pull off a trade.  And various combinations of salary can be created with these contracts.  So wait until mid-season.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : Good point.  By the way I think you should go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you want 5 bucks an hour.  You know, for the good of the company.

I don't know about you, but I need to work for the next 20 yrs. @ the max that I can get... KG definitely doesn't...It will be interesting to see if Mitt wins whether or not he follows the precedent of Washington & Kennedy and forgoes his salary for the good of the country. Something tells me he won't...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone else notice a pattern with our signings and our trades? JON - knees, back, everything Rasheed - back Wilcox - heart Green - heart Green again - heart Shaq - obesity, feet Pietrus - knee Daniels - neurological We have to have the worst doctors and training staff in the NBA. Things need to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

Why change anything.  It is working.  First the Celts were getting old.  So the Lakers started getting old.  Then The Celts started signing injured players.  So the Lakers started siging old injured players to long term contracts.  It is working.  Why change anything?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

I can't say I don't agree with you.  What player can make close to ten mill and decides he will play for 2?