Refs favoring Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Refs favoring Miami

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : verbal taunts to that degree have NEVER been allowed the celtics are taking and not making a ton of jump shots, they dont deserve to get to the line while taking their apprenticeship as bricklayers
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Verbal taunts to what degree? There are verbal things said amongst players all the time. Now we're going to police what is said among players? Cmon!

Was JON's foul on a guy coming through the lane a flagrant? Why no flagrant on Jones for coming down on PP's head?

Both games were close for awhile but as soon as the C's make a run then we start seeing ticky tack calls. I just want to see a good series even if we lose. I don't want to see total favoritsm towards either side.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

The usual Boston bs about the conspiracies in the NBA, always against the celtics. Outside of Boston, there is always the general suspicion that the league favors the Celtics vs the Lakers, when both are competitive, then when that happens, the big suspicion among cs fans that the league favors the Lakers in the finals, then you suspect that the NBA wants Kobe vs Lebron. But the Lakers lose the opener and now what are you going to surmise, the league want Dirk vs Lebron? Give up up, let it go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

hate those ref....game 2

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Rondo averaged what 2 FT's per game this year. He doesn't draw contact. The foul when he put his shoulder into Wade and Wade got the foul call was a joke. BBD and Paul don't have to be defended real tight. Neither can beat their man to the hoop off of the dribble.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Paul?? You're joking, right?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Are you the same "JimmyJack" who was trolling the Pats board as a Dolphins fan?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I believe he is the same person.  He does live in Miami. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

like they say in boxing or mma... dont let the judges decide the game for you. knock the opponent out.

there may have been bad calls and non calls. but if we're playing the celtics basketball which have been pounding teams early in the season, the refs cant do nothing about it.

now let's hope that the celtic toughness in D and our offense from the big 3 will come back alive in game 3.

go C's!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : I believe he is the same person.  He does live in Miami. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    A. same person but i wasnt trolling the pats board...i did the same thing there as i do on hear...which is talk the game
    B. i dont live in miami, i was born there and spent many summers and christmas' there with my father
    C. GO HEAT!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You guys know I'm the first one to blame officials and usually I'm right, but I just think we're being outplayed and outhustled.  Obviously injuries didn't help tues night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

bs thread. celts will get the same calls at home esp if we are aggressive at taking it to the rack!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]When a player KNOWS IN HIS MIND that he can do X or Y and it not be called that is a HUGE advantage. So in turn you play more aggressively. In turn when PP got tossed for what happened in game #1 it let the C's know that if they play aggressive and try to fight their way back how much will be tolerated? It's like a great fight between Frazier and Tyson. Both are brawlers and want to brawl but when the ref is constantly reminding one guy he's hitting low or holding it makes him tentative, meanwhile the other guy is fighting his fight. This is eaxctly what's happening in this series.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head.  You quit being agressive if you don't get any of the calls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Refs favoring Miami:
    [QUOTE]I am violating one of my own rules about blaming the officials. But I noticed several Celtics sacraficed their bodies, including the diminutive Rondo against the LeBron Express, and in several instances appeared to have established position, got knocked over, and didn't get the benefit of the offensive charge. If you sacrafice your body but never get the benefit of the call, obviously your not going to keep making the sacrafice. Maybe I don't understand the offensive charge, but I am pretty sure that I do. Do I have a point? If those are the rules, maybe we should have Big Baby play by the same rules with LeBron. I was surprised to see nobody else complain when I looged onto the forum. Comments.
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]

home court and superstar calls were out of control in both games.

the heat went to the line every single possetion in the 4th quarter. it was disgusting. i ended up changing the channel because it was unreal how davis can go hard to the hoop TWICE in a row and get hammered and no call and then wade or lebron gets a small tap and its a foul.

and rondo getting run over was nba garbage. lebron slams and the commentator has a well u can fill in the blank. meanwhile Rondo was in position. perfectly set and still. and took the hit and he doesnt even get a block call.

this is trash. im not impressed by a 6'9 athletic freaked putting a ball in the hole. lebron isnt the next jordan and we don't like him as a player or worse yet, person.

calls have decided this series completely so far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : You hit the nail on the head.  You quit being agressive if you don't get any of the calls.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

exactly. the Celtics went to the basket hard. especially Pierce and Davis and no calls, so they settled for jumpers and missed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]bs thread. celts will get the same calls at home esp if we are aggressive at taking it to the rack!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I ENJOY YOUR UNBIASED AND OBJECTIVE RESPONSES. EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T TAKE FOR THE SAME TEAMS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : exactly. the Celtics went to the basket hard. especially Pierce and Davis and no calls, so they settled for jumpers and missed.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

In game 1, in the fourth quarter, Green got hit across the face with a forearm as he drove the lane and missed, but no call was made (this was a very clear foul, not a homer judgement call that I want to go my way), and on the next possesion Wade makes a layup and 1 with minimal incidental contact. Shid like that happens all the time in today's NBA; it wasn't always like that and it likely is due to the czar, David Stern.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan87. Show BostonFan87's posts

well hopefully now that the celts got homecourt these next couple of games, maybe they will get a few favorable calls since the heat did in miami...but this stuff happens in every nba game, its unfortunate that refs seem to favor certain teams/stars...but really if u want the calls u need to go to the hoop and force them to blow the whistle...they tend to give the calls to the more agressive team...which is why i think rondo really needs to take advantage of his mismatch with bibby/chalmers and take them to the hoop early and often

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]well hopefully now that the celts got homecourt these next couple of games, maybe they will get a few favorable calls since the heat did in miami...but this stuff happens in every nba game, its unfortunate that refs seem to favor certain teams/stars...but really if u want the calls u need to go to the hoop and force them to blow the whistle...they tend to give the calls to the more agressive team...which is why i think rondo really needs to take advantage of his mismatch with bibby/chalmers and take them to the hoop early and often
    Posted by BostonFan87[/QUOTE]

Very good points.  I still believe that LeBron and Wade since they are elite players get the most favorable calls.  The officials always favor the elite players in the NBA.  This is never going to change. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nick579. Show nick579's posts

The reasons for the bad officiating in Miami seem to be clear. The Heat get the homecourt advantage as well as the superstar advantage, with maybe a little boost from the NBA because they are playing the Celtics. That said, it seems like there are still calls being made, or overlooked, that just shouldn't be by a competent professional official. It makes watching the game at home pretty infurating, and I for one have a really hard time with that when I don't have Tommy yelling what I'm thinking.

The quality of the national broadcast is terrible.  They seem intent on ignoring bad calls and non-calls, and whenever possible, completely ignoring what's happening in the game itself to talk about some nonsense or other.  And, of course, there is never a replay when you need one. 

All of this is bad enough, and we just have to deal with it.  What worries me is that it won't get any better in Boston.  We don't generally get much of a homecourt advantage (possibly because we are the most vocal crowd in the NBA when it comes to getting on officials, but that's neither here nor there), and we will still be dealing with the league bias and the superstar advantage that the heat will get.  So, when it comes down to it, the Celts don't have to just beat the heat. They have to beat the Heat, the officials on the court, and the league bias. No other team seems to have to do all of that to win a playoff game.  It's just ridiculous.

I am convinced that we can beat the heat in a fair contest, and I'm worried that we won't get that chance.  Comments?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Few thoughts:

Home teams tend to get more calls. It should not be that way but the refs do get caught up in the energy in the room.

Elite players have always gotten more calls their way and fewer go against them. It isn't just this series, it isn't just this year or even this decade. One of my favorite moments that is played over and over is Jordan's buzzer beater in Game 6 against Utah. Jordan visably cleared Russell out with one arm to make the space to shoot that shot. NO call because it was Mike and we all like Mike.

But as players age, elite or not they get fewer calls. Larry Bird in his last two season no longer got the call when he'd pump fake a layer into the air, lean into the defender as he came down and launch a prayer in the direction of the rim. Paul Pierce now goes into the lane and gets far fewer calls than he did just three years ago. Even his Kobeness is getting fewer calls. It is though the NBA turns off the most preferred player treatment when a player reaches 32 years of age.

If the trend of "favoring" the Heat continues at the Garden maybe they are being favored, right now I would say it is home court advantage at work however.

All that said the C's have played poorly enough to lose the last two games, with or without the officials assists on plays like LeMe running over Rondo going as a no call.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Star calls have been reduced, and if justice is in place, it will continue.

Home court advantage is a referee fact. The home court draws more fouls than the road team. However, aggressive behavior is a counter active force.

Cs win games 3 and 4.