Refs in game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Refs in game 1

Its almost comical to listen to the complaints by the Knicks & their fans/media//

Comical meaning it feels good to be on the other side of the coin for a change.

Usually, we're the one on the shortend of these miserable NBA refs..

Now the plays in question:

Melo's offensive foul... Id say it was a close call but Im surprised it was called at all.. melos arm went up and brought attention to it but in that spot it I would expect an NBA ref to let them play...

Speaking of letting them play, the Knicks got a break on the final offensive play for the Celtics... as PP took the dribble near half court... Melo crashed into him.. if this had taken place during the first 45 minutes of the game, Melo would have been whistled for the foul... not here/// so we're all even with BS calls up to now..

Final play... Rays 3..  Ive checked the video about 5x.. it looked like KG stuck his hip out to pick Douglas... but Douglas... trying to recover and get to Ray.. tripped over KGs ankles... thats the best I can tell cause its not clear from the game video from TNT exactly what happened. 

Initially I thought KG hipped Douglas and sent him flying but from what I saw... looks more like Douglas tripped himself over KGs ankles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Refs in game 1

I thought the Refs played a good game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I didnt think last nights game was one of those crazy... refs outta control... type games at all.

We're gonna see some of those soon Im sure but not last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Barkley said that the offensive foul called on Melo was a good call...so I guess it must have been. hahaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Melo was trying to gain space by pushing off....Kobe does it all the time also and gets called for it once a month!  That's cheating...so if the refs allow that, then smart players like Pierce will do a flop to sell it...its that simple!!!!! 

Bottom line, Knicks lost and will loose it all! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Reffs as usual missed call both ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Refs in game 1:
    [QUOTE]Barkley said that the offensive foul called on Melo was a good call...so I guess it must have been. hahaha
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Same ref made the same call on KG earlier in the game...good call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

On whether kg tripped douglas, I've looked at that several times.  I've not seen a shot that actually shows their feet at an angle where I can tell for sure.  My first reaction was that he tripped crossing his own guy or reacted to the teammate crossing.  Later I thought it looked like it might have been kg, but could never really see definitavely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

This the play-offs and the referee calling style changes. In almost every play-off game, more physical play is allowed, and calls are less frequent.

Welcome to the play-offs Knicks. I guess it must be a surprise huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

50-50 calls tend to favour the home team. I don't like it but it's a reality of NBA basketball.

it's why I don't complain about our game 7 debacle. some of the calls were dodgy but we should've been good enough to win anyway, and we very nearly were

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm surprised we didn't hear Barkley hooting, "that's a turrrible call, absolutely turrrible."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Barkley retracted his opinion that Melo fouled Pierce. Pierce always tries to sell contact to the refs and far too often gets the benefit. Melo did not foul Pierce and that late in the game, the call should never have been made.

As for the next play down the court, Pierce led with his shoulder and hit Melo, initiating the contact. If there was a foul (which Barkley said there was) it was an offensive one initiated by Pierce. Lowering the shoulder is a foul but far too often NBA refs don't call it. Dwight Howard and Shaq always lead with their shoulder lowered to clear space.

And finally, upon review of the Ray Allen 3 point dagger, KG set a moving screen and tripped Douglas to free Allen. Barkley said that was yet another foul by the Celtics.

I make these points because many Boston fans are always crying about the calls, making conspiratorial arguments when they erroneously believe that the league is fixed. The NBA is simply filled with incompetent, inconsistent refs that can and have affected the outcome of games. And apparently David Stern doesn't care what the fans think because he's never tried to better train his officials.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Simply BS to say the home team gets the fouls their way?  Who ever came up with this crock theory?  Just some excuse the losing team always has in their back pocket! 

As for fouls and leading with shoulder Lakerman.....Kobe invented this move and NEVER gets called for it....its a real shame that a player of his talent has to resort to pushing off and such to get some room....its because he has no elevation left in his game as his old rickity knees are giving out on him.....Kobe is becoming just another player...his days are numbered and so are the lethargic Lakers!  They are simply boring!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

the melo offensive was a close one but im glad the ref called it ;)

nuff said.

Go C's!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Refs in game 1:
    [QUOTE]On whether kg tripped douglas, I've looked at that several times.  I've not seen a shot that actually shows their feet at an angle where I can tell for sure.  My first reaction was that he tripped crossing his own guy or reacted to the teammate crossing.  Later I thought it looked like it might have been kg, but could never really see definitavely.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

cole-ely, Ive watched it several times on tape... and no matter how much I use slo mo, I just cant tell for sure what happened either.

What seems likely is KG put out his hip to pick Douglas..looks like he missed him, but when Douglas ran by he tripped over KGs leg or foot. KGs back was to the play and it didnt look like he stuck his foot out or anything. Thats my best guess from what I saw... but nothing is really clear

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

How many times did Pierce get to the line? Exactly.......

18. This post has been removed.