Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll)

Articles form seveal places confirm that Rondo is super player and will lead the Celtics to victory.  He will shut down the opposing point guards and score tons and distribute the ball (which he might) for easy scores.  The Celtics are in good shape to take care of all problems with the effective and unstoppable point guard.  Articles abound that Celtics made the right decision to keep Rondo, and not pick up a very good big.  The Celts as now constituted should keep the Hospitals busy, my opinion.  Danny must have got scared after the Perk trade and lost his nerve to improve the team now to win this year or to impove the team for the future.  With Rondo, Green (if signed), and Brandon Bass (if resigned) we have a beginning. I guess we could resign Ray and Garnett to keep us out of the lottery next year.  Rondo is only effective if surrounded by very good players, and it looks like he will not be.  I don't think Rondo can attract the type of players to the Celtics that he will need.  And if the past is any indication, the Celtics will have a hard time getting better than averave NBA players.  Enjoy the playoffs it may be a while unless Danny pulls off another miracle year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll)

In Response to Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll):
    [QUOTE]Articles form seveal places confirm that Rondo is super player and will lead the Celtics to victory.  He will shut down the opposing point guards and score tons and distribute the ball (which he might) for easy scores.  The Celtics are in good shape to take care of all problems with the effective and unstoppable point guard.  Articles abound that Celtics made the right decision to keep Rondo, and not pick up a very good big.  The Celts as now constituted should keep the Hospitals busy, my opinion.  Danny must have got scared after the Perk trade and lost his nerve to improve the team now to win this year or to impove the team for the future.  With Rondo, Green (if signed), and Brandon Bass (if resigned) we have a beginning. I guess we could resign Ray and Garnett to keep us out of the lottery next year.  Rondo is only effective if surrounded by very good players, and it looks like he will not be.  I don't think Rondo can attract the type of players to the Celtics that he will need.  And if the past is any indication, the Celtics will have a hard time getting better than averave NBA players.  Enjoy the playoffs it may be a while unless Danny pulls off another miracle year.
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

Mitt --

You're a one-trick pony who is rapidly wearing out his welcome.  The Rondo bashing on this board is driving me away.

Do I think Rondo is the be all and end all of PGs?  No, but I'm content with him.  Do I think Danny will do what he thinks is right? Yes. Has "what Danny thinks is right" delivered one more championship and two more finals apearances and a lot more entertaining games in general than Chris Wallace ever did? Yup.

We've got a good ownership/management/coaching group.  I'm much more pleased with the Celtics now than during the entire 1990s and most of the 2000s.

I'll leave it at that.  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll) : Mitt -- You're a one-trick pony who is rapidly wearing out his welcome.  The Rondo bashing on this board is driving me away. Do I think Rondo is the be all and end all of PGs?  No, but I'm content with him.  Do I think Danny will do what he thinks is right? Yes. Has "what Danny thinks is right" delivered one more championship and two more finals apearances and a lot more entertaining games in general than Chris Wallace ever did? Yup. We've got a good ownership/management/coaching group.  I'm much more pleased with the Celtics now than during the entire 1990s and most of the 2000s. I'll leave it at that.  :-)  
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  When this team was assembled in 2008, it was clear it was a short window.  They delivered 1 championship and were with in a few minutes of another.  Now that the window that we all knew was going to be closing is closing, there is this knee jerk reaction for some reason to trade our 1 all star caliber player who's window is NOT closing.

If the right deal were out there for Rondo, then fine make it, but the insisting that Rondo has to be dealt is moronic.  And no, Pau Gasol is not the right deal. 

People need to get their expectations in check.  No sensible fan of this team really thought they were going to challenge the Heat or Bulls this year.  If they were a little healthier, the #3 seed might be realistic but still, the Celtics weren't winning the title with this roster no matter what, that doesn't mean you get rid of the best assett.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax, Rondo will save the day(poll) : Exactly.  When this team was assembled in 2008, it was clear it was a short window.  They delivered 1 championship and were with in a few minutes of another.  Now that the window that we all knew was going to be closing is closing, there is this knee jerk reaction for some reason to trade our 1 all star caliber player who's window is NOT closing. If the right deal were out there for Rondo, then fine make it, but the insisting that Rondo has to be dealt is moronic.  And no, Pau Gasol is not the right deal.  People need to get their expectations in check.  No sensible fan of this team really thought they were going to challenge the Heat or Bulls this year.  If they were a little healthier, the #3 seed might be realistic but still, the Celtics weren't winning the title with this roster no matter what, that doesn't mean you get rid of the best assett.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    rondo is more likely to lead the celtics to victory than willard romney is to lead the rats.somebody should start a thread asking whether posters find wiilard,er, mitt as amusing as he finds himself.I`ll vote no. let`s trade romney for the biggest idiot on the la times laker board.