Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

This thread is BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding like we dont want the celts to win you are a dumb a s s my friend, we would love to see the celts win every year all we are saying is danny took us from a team with a great chance of winning this year to a very poor team with no shot and when the big three leave we will be really a bad team because the guys he brought in supposedly for the future suck
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

"poor team with no shot"?   That's why some of us are calling you a band wagon jumper.  Criticism is fair.  That statement of yours is a "no hope" statement and that's the same thing many said last year.

Look at the facts - they're tired, they are working in new players, they are playing without a Center, and they are playing poorly.  But, Your'e really telling me that Danny should have kept Nate, 'Quis, and Luke?  You don't think Green is important to back up Pierce and KG?  YOu don't think that having 2 big guys in JON and Shaq (assuming he's healthy) will make a difference?   I'm not saying I KNOW they'll win a championship, but I do believe this roster has a chance, unlike you. 

Starters: Pierce, Ray, KG, Shaq, Rondo
    2nd Team:  JON/Krstic, Green, BBD, West, Wafer
    3rd team emergency, only guys:  Arroyo, Sasha, Murphy

Stack them up against any other team and tell me they have NO CHANCE????

Come on, man....at least be reasonable & rational rather than just emotional.

I don't like what's happening.....but there's no way you can say this team has NO CHANCE of winning a championship.  They've proven they can come back and be focused enough to win and Nate/Marquis/Semih/Luke were NOT the reasons why.  Perk is the only one we'll miss and we got something good in return for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The only concern that I have that I posted on another thread, is that if this losing streak continues, it could carry over into the playoffs.  The Celtics have to turn this around and start winning games in order to have some positive momentum.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]The only concern that I have that I posted on another thread, is that if this losing streak continues, it could carry over into the playoffs.  The Celtics have to turn this around and start winning games in order to have some positive momentum.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

From one of your Earlier Posts:

"I am still disappointed that Perk was traded.  If the Celtics had resigned Tony Allen, this trade never would have happened.  He has had a good season and would have been an adequate backup to Pierce.   There would have no reason to find a backup to Pierce after the injury to Marquis if TA was still with the Celtics."

I live in SF but a long time Celtic fan & watched this game which gives a lot of credibility to your above opinion :

"Tony Allen scored 21 points and helped reverse Memphis' lackadaisical first-half effort in the Grizzlies' 110-91 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night. Allen added eight rebounds and four assists as Memphis not only won its fifth straight at home, but assured the Grizzlies (42-33) of their first winning season since 2005-06, the last time the team made the playoffs."

Regarding your recent post above I agree that we could turn it on...hopefully we do with JON's return & Shaq too but I still prefer  a winning momentum as you:

Lakers are 14-1 since allstar break. I feel they are the team to beat for the title. I want to be positive and not a fair weather fan and I do realize all teams have bumps in the road  /slumps and we, in fact did at this time last year, were able to turn it on in the playoffs. But there still is something good called momentum and the Lakers have it. Can they hit a slump & get knocked out of the playoffs---wouldn't that be nice. But I'd rather go in with a winning streak.

PS...apparently from a coach(Paisano too) who knew something about winning & it seems didn't believe in bumps in the road and slumps, here's a couple of   quotes from Lombardi that could apply to the unimportance or importance of our team not winning now:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

" If you can accept losing, you can't win."                      

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Lately the Celts can't even score 90 points. It's pretty clear that the Celts are in a slump. [/QUOTE]

Stop the Presses!!  Fierce34 has stated an astounding observation.  The Master of the Obvious has struck again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : Stop the Presses!!  Fierce34 has stated an astounding observation.  The Master of the Obvious has struck again.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Much like your astute observation that the Celtics slump is because the other team is out scoring them - brilliant!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Mandobello,

You are one of the few posters that ever responded to my post about Tony Allen.  I remember being very disappointed when Tony Allen left at the end of last season.  He was a much better player than Marquis and also hasn't been injured this season.  If Shaq and Jon aren't able to contribute soon, the Celtics are going to have a difficult time in the playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If the Celts still had TA then the Celts would not have brought back Marquis Daniels. Jeff Green is a better player than TA or Marquis, let's wait until we see what he does in the playoffs. Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic started 5-0 with the Celts and in that span the Celts were scoring 100 points or more. Lately the Celts can't even score 90 points. It's pretty clear that the Celts are in a slump. The Celtics will not win many games when KG only gets 6 pts and 6 rebs in a game.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I realize that Marquis probably wouldn't have been with the Celtics this season, if TA was still with the Celtics.  I also agree that Jeff Green is a better player than TA, but my original post about Tony Allen is that if he was still with the Celtics, Perk wouldn't have been traded.  Danny wouldn't have had any reason to make a significant trade such as trading one of his starters unless he felt it was necessary. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : Much like your astute observation that the Celtics slump is because the other team is out scoring them - brilliant!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Irony - an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.  C'mon Hedley, I said that with tongue deeply planted in cheek.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : I realize that Marquis probably wouldn't have been with the Celtics this season, if TA was still with the Celtics.  I also agree that Jeff Green is a better player than TA, but my original post about Tony Allen is that if he was still with the Celtics, Perk wouldn't have been traded.  Danny wouldn't have had any reason to make a significant trade such as trading one of his starters unless he felt it was necessary. 

Posted by susan250
    [/QUOTE]

-

Susan, I've always been a big TA fan, but to but things in an accurate perspective Tony really pulled a fast one on Danny and jumped ship on the Celtics because he wanted to be out of the shadows and get more playing time and more money all of which he accomplished by signing with Memphis.

I think Danny got blindsided by TA's action, and maybe he wished he'd taken the TA negotiations a bit more seriously, but in hind-sight, I think Tony's mind had been make up which is the reason why it played out the way it did.  TA was very happy with moving to Memphis.