Report: Walter McCarty could be rejoining the Celtics as an assistant coach

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Report: Walter McCarty could be rejoining the Celtics as an assistant coach

He was Tommy's favorite

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

"I love Walter!" -- Tommy

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jeff Goodman         @GoodmanESPN

Walter McCarty confirms to ESPN that he will join Brad Stevens staff and rejoin Boston Celtics as assistant coach.

10:33 AM - 21 Aug 2013

Great stuff! Not only a feel-good factor but also a guy who's been learning his trade in a great environment. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'd would've preferred Posey.  McCarty wasn't exactly an impactful player - despite Heinsohn's favorite phrase.  Well, McCarty will be able to teach the bigs perimeter offense and how not to rebound.  Seriously, I do not remember McCarty being an especially smart player.  Heinsohn liked him because he ran up and down the floor well, but, at the end, even Heinsohn started to turn on him.  The whole "I LOVE WALTER!" thing was born from essentially 1 game - McCarty's first game with the Celtics when he came off the bench and brought some real high energy to the game.  It became a catch phrase after that and Heinsohn seemed to feel obligated to fit it in.  McCarty was never, really, and important part of the Celtics.  Posey would've made sense - his teammates loved him and he was a very smart player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

McCarty confirms he will join brad stevens

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I thought Posey was going to be the great savior...lol...guess it would have been difficult coaching your own kid......Walter has always sounded very intelligent so it may not be a bad choice after all besides, they need someone to help coach up the new bigs they have and will have..not a bad move...plus,

"I LOVE WALTER"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Well they have no three point shooters. Maybe he can help with that.