Retirement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Retirement?

Will KG retire next year? His contract is up.
    Will Ray Allen retire? He can opt out of his 2 year.
    Will Shaq retire? probably.
    Will Paul Pierce retire? Doubt it.

Does this depend on the outcome of the postseason?

Who will the Celtics be targeting next offseason? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Retirement?

With all the guys you mentioned playing great (barring Shaq). I think retirement is a moot point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If the Celtics win it all this year I think KG contemplates it at the least but shows up for another year along with the others. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

or better questions- green-kristic-davis-delonte all together for a full year, assuming we can have them all = good enough to mitigate another year of aging on pierce-kg-ray?  obvously if shak and jerlame (i really hope he does) go away into the sunset you get another piece at the 5 and another utility guy over the summer.

i think they might be in the race with that sort of roster, nice mix of old and young, with somewhat long vegas odds to win it all, but still maybe come out of the east barring any serious injuries.

i guess nobody should say that when delonte is around.

another factor is that next season might be a short one = better for us.  the franchises and unions seem miles and miles apart right now with not much moving toward each other evident in the press.

lots of unkonwns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think if Shaq wins he comes back the same as this year. Part time and the other will want a chance a title number 3.  Why not if we get 18 this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont see anyone retiring next season except maybe Doc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i think even though he still has so much left in him, kg will retire after this season if the celtics win it all...but if they don't he will be back...and shaq jermaine and some1 else will surprise us and also retire...but i wish this is the way KG goes out...! this guy deserves it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

KG will know whenever  it's time to go....and he will leave with style, dignity and grace...count on it....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KG is playing like an all star.  Light years better than last season.

Frankly, I never thought he would return to form after watching him last season but whatever he did in the off season, it worked.

Got to give the man credit for getting back in shape and rehabbing his knee. Hes still playing at a very high level so why would he retire? Hes got the life & makes a fortune playing basketball... why stop?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG will retire if he feels that the can not play at the highest level.

He has all the money in the world, and every award. Last year, showed him what he does not want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

no way kg or ary leave after this year! this kg's last year of his big 20M contract.. who leaves that on the table when they can stillplay? whether we win or not, kg is back.. jo and shaq i think are done.. i see both ray and kg around til 2013! krstic-green-west-wafer will be back.. maybe even murphy.. sasha and arroyo are expendable...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

KG will know whenever  it's time to go....and he will leave with style, dignity and grace...count on it - mountain monkey

Those are not words associated with the NBA's biggest trash talker!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I agree KG returns win or lose this year.

I fear that Bradley is yet another wasted first round draft choice...to go the way of Giddens and Gerald. We can't afford to waste any picks to position this team for the future.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

... sorry KG only returns if he is playing at a high level, and if Doc comes back.

Lets hope Doc comes back because KG will be playing at a high level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

EVERYONE plays thru next year of course, except maybe JON if this latest comeback attempt fails.

Shaq has said he is 2 and done, 40 years old and 20 years in the league are nice round #'s.

Doc and KG's future likely depends on moves in summer of 2012... if we are going to contend and Danny either makes a major FA splash (Dwight) or swings a minor one and a trade that puts youthful starters around Green/Rondo/Pierce... than maybe they both come back

Ray won't retire, he has 2 or maybe even 3 years left AFTER 2012... if Reggie can play till age 39, Ray can as well, he is in amazing shape... but will he be here? Again, if we're set to contend, he will sign here for less... if we are rebuilding he can get more $ to help a contender.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Retirement?:
    [QUOTE]... sorry KG only returns if he is playing at a high level, and if Doc comes back. Lets hope Doc comes back because KG will be playing at a high level.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Nah, if we lose in the 2nd round and doc leaves to watch his kid play @ Duke I still doubt KG leaves 20 million on the table

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

West-Green-Krstic all year long will keep Rondo- Ray/PP and the O'Neals fresh. but Who rests KG? He should only play 24-28 mins per next year. I want to see Green play half the game @ SF and Pierce getting backup SG mins.

Big question is if we sign Big Baby. Assuming the new CBA keeps the MLE, but doesn't raise the salary cap, Danny would be more likely to use the full MLE on a 1 yr contract (maybe KMart or AK47) over giving Baby the 5/30 he'd prob get, and then we'd not have the cap space to offer a max contract summer of 2012.

The O'Neals should just tag team next year. Every other game. They fill the same role each game... starter, rim defender, have a lil fun w/ 4 all-stars, play mins in the teens, get 9p-5r-1b avg's and then sit out the next one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Retirement?:
    [QUOTE]Will KG retire next year? His contract is up. Will Ray Allen retire? He can opt out of his 2 year. Will Shaq retire? probably. Will Paul Pierce retire? Doubt it. Does this depend on the outcome of the postseason? Who will the Celtics be targeting next offseason? 
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

I think they will be back for #19.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Retirement?:
    [QUOTE]I agree KG returns win or lose this year. I fear that Bradley is yet another wasted first round draft choice...to go the way of Giddens and Gerald. We can't afford to waste any picks to position this team for the future.    
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Stop it with the waste of first round picks.  The likelihood of getting any sort star where the Cs tend to draft is almost zero.

Ray was drafted 5th, Shaq 1st, KG, 5th, Pierce 9th, Green 5th, etc.

The only player on the roster drafted out of the top 10 that one would consider a star is Rondo and we will find out in a couple of years when he no longer has all-stars to pass the ball to we will find out Rondo's not a star either.

The following players who recently participated in the all-star game were not drafted in the lottery:

Rondo - plays with four hall of famers and will likely never be an all-star again with Wall, Rose, and Williams in the conference and if CP3 joins the conference Rondo will be an after thought....

Ginobili - 2nd round pick, if he was an American and played two years at Duke he would have been a top 10 pick just like his French teammate - two years running Louisville at the point and he would have been a top 10 pick.  GMs rarely use early picks on unproven foreigners.

When you draft as late as the Cs do you get Tony Allen, Delonte West, Perkins, Giddens, Walker, Bradley, etc.

Danny has had two opportunities to draft actual blue chip talent and traded the pick both times.  One of the players he could have drafted he just acquired in a trade (Green) and the other one is Foye the Clippers point guard that dropped 32 on them a few games ago when Rondo was busy dropping 2 against him.  Rondo just forgot to put the 3 to the left of the 2 otherwise he would have matched him.

Nobody with cash on the table will retire and this notion that people would retire just because they get another ring is silly.  The size of the egos precludes them from considering retirement, the ego says repeat not retire.