Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

Some have said that it is because of the Big 3 that Rondo gets all those assists.That if we traded him to another team there is no way that he would be the same type of player. This is nbaloney.(.Pun.)
    Him and Bradley make an awsome backcourt that is only going to get better.
    Bradley may not be the lights out shooter, but definitely is a legit NBA player.
    Rondo even trhives in a more up tempo style. I can't help but think that he would fit in nicely with this Jazz team..
    Last night we only had two HOFs playing and Rondo just kept finding the open guys all game long. All he needs is players that move without the ball, run with him on the break, and make their shots on a consistant basis.
    Besides, the Big three are'nt what they used to be, and yet Rondo's game is improving still....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

People used to say that all the time. that the only reason he had all those assists was that he was playing with three all stars.  Well now he is playing with no all stars and his assists keep going up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

yep! it makes me mad wen to this day people claim "hes playing with hall of famers, of course hes gunna have alot of assists". its such a flawed discussion bc, like snakeoil said, these guys arent even all stars nemore and yet Rondo is finding assists from players like AB, Brandon Bass, RYAN HOLLINS. 

wonder wat the nxt excuse will be..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

I just wonder why Danny was exploring a trade to fit him in. Maybe he was just checking the temperature around the league on what he could get for him, without any real thought of pulling the trigger. That just seems flawed to me though considering Rondo has a very fragile ego.

Go Celtics!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Rondo is an emerging start in this league. He doesn't get the right type of press in Boston becuase he's the cog the makes the big three work.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory:
    [QUOTE]Some have said that it is because of the Big 3 that Rondo gets all those assists.That if we traded him to another team there is no way that he would be the same type of player. This is nbaloney.(.Pun.) Him and Bradley make an awsome backcourt that is only going to get better. Bradley may not be the lights out shooter, but definitely is a legit NBA player. Rondo even trhives in a more up tempo style. I can't help but think that he would fit in nicely with this Jazz team.. Last night we only had two HOFs playing and Rondo just kept finding the open guys all game long. All he needs is players that move without the ball, run with him on the break, and make their shots on a consistant basis. Besides, the Big three are'nt what they used to be, and yet Rondo's game is improving still....
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

That's all that any NBA PG needs to shine.... and of course be able to play 4 on 5 at crunch time.

Think of it... R9R is getting by playing with only 2 HOFers instead of his usual and customary  3.

The kid is really roughing it.

His dimes are going north (chasing Nash of course) while his vaunted shooting  game is going.... you guessed it... you've seen this before..... due south.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is an emerging start in this league. He doesn't get the right type of press in Boston becuase he's the cog the makes the big three work.  
    Posted by proftom2[/QUOTE]

I think it is more due to the fact that the majority living in Boston are very racist. I wish this were untrue, but even Bill Russell said so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I just wonder why Danny was exploring a trade to fit him in. Maybe he was just checking the temperature around the league on what he could get for him, without any real thought of pulling the trigger. That just seems flawed to me though considering Rondo has a very fragile ego. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

its the GM's job to explore every possibility. i never had a problem with Danny trying to trade Rondo for CP3, bc in my opinion CP3 is a better player. past that, the only trade idea danny has confirmed as being legit is the Chris Paul talks. i understand ppl post links and such, but alot of that can be analysts suggesting what COULD BE, jst like back in 07 when it was "a 95% done deal that KG was being traded to LA."

Danny did the right thing by going out b4 the trade deadline and saying Rondo was not going to be traded. i think he mantained communication throughout, but it was good as a fan to hear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think it was part to let Rondo know, that no one is untradable, keep his ego in check, and at the same time, if someone is willing to call his bluff with some unbelievable, no brainer deal, he would take it...but other than that, i think, he was just  kicking the tires...
    In this last game I saw rondo taking advantage of driving to the basket, when the other team was guessing pass, and on that beauty to Bass, the defense was thinking pass to a shooter also...so there are ways other than just shooting jumpers to compensate...both Bass and AB like to move without the ball...you don't have to be a HOF to do that...and Hollings is a 7ftr who likes to cut to the hoop, he might have found a home here with Rondo..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : That's all that any NBA PG needs to shine.... and of course be able to play 4 on 5 at crunch time. Think of it... R9R is getting by playing with only 2 HOFers instead of his usual and customary  3. The kid is really roughing it. His dimes are going north (chasing Nash of course) while his vaunted shooting  game is going.... you guessed it... you've seen this before..... due south. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Pud, are the big 3 REALLY playing at the top of their games these days? are they really playing like they were in their primes? i understand this argument back in 07, but now its just an ignorant statement to make.

speaking of 07, if ur theory is true, dont you think his production should be DECREASING as the big 3 age and their skills diminish, as opposed to INCREASING? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory:
    [QUOTE]Some have said that it is because of the Big 3 that Rondo gets all those assists.That if we traded him to another team there is no way that he would be the same type of player. This is nbaloney.(.Pun.) Him and Bradley make an awsome backcourt that is only going to get better. Bradley may not be the lights out shooter, but definitely is a legit NBA player. Rondo even trhives in a more up tempo style. I can't help but think that he would fit in nicely with this Jazz team.. Last night we only had two HOFs playing and Rondo just kept finding the open guys all game long. All he needs is players that move without the ball, run with him on the break, and make their shots on a consistant basis. Besides, the Big three are'nt what they used to be, and yet Rondo's game is improving still....

No sentence in the English language starts with "him and Bradley", we would normally say He and Bradley... also we would consider whom the opponent is when discussing whether someone is playing better... finally is there any facet of Rondo's game you would like to specifically identify as "improving still" or as we say in English "still improving"?  His shooting percentage is going down, his foul shooting is still abysmal - he gets to the line about a third of the time of actual good point guards, he cannot make a 3 to save his life, and his assists and steals are about the same as they have always been......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : I think it is more due to the fact that the majority living in Boston are very racist. I wish this were untrue, but even Bill Russell said so.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Yes exactly we are all racists when it comes to players that are vastly overrated, however when they are hall of famers we seem to ignore their race - like 5, 34, 20, 3, 8, etc.......  amazing how the most racist are those of a specific race.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : No sentence in the English language starts with "him and Bradley", we would normally say He and Bradley... also we would consider whom the opponent is when discussing whether someone is playing better... finally is there any facet of Rondo's game you would like to specifically identify as "improving still" or as we say in English "still improving"?  His shooting percentage is going down, his foul shooting is still abysmal - he gets to the line about a third of the time of actual good point guards, he cannot make a 3 to save his life, and his assists and steals are about the same as they have always been......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Maybe Danny was onto something then when he was contemplating a trade involving Rondo.

Danny Ainge = Epic Failure as GM

GO Celtics!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

I agree with you. Rondo even made this new guy Hollins look good with those 2 alley oops that resulted in spectacular dunks last night. Don't matter who he is playing with...Ray or Pietrus or Bradley, Bass, Pierce...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm seeing more and more hotdog in rondo this year, if the highlight reels mean anything. that qualifies for improvement, right dud?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Pud, are the big 3 REALLY playing at the top of their games these days? are they really playing like they were in their primes? i understand this argument back in 07, but now its just an ignorant statement to make. speaking of 07, if ur theory is true, dont you think his production should be DECREASING as the big 3 age and their skills diminish, as opposed to INCREASING? 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

A couple of the BIG 3 are looking at 70% pay cuts and want to minimize that if at all possible.... amazing how players in all sports with expiring contracts go on to have great final years of their contracts.......  things that make you go hmmmm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]People used to say that all the time. that the only reason he had all those assists was that he was playing with three all stars.  Well now he is playing with no all stars and his assists keep going up.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw Pierce get picked for the all star game by the coaches for the umpteenth time.  Where Celtic fans want to trash PP he still gets the coaches votes for some reason.  Not taking anything away from Rondo either.  He did get in because someone else was hurt BTW.  The jury is still out whether he gets all those assists from KG hitting jumper after jumper from the key,  Ray drilling 3's  and Pierce drawing double teams even at his age and producing.   Lets not give RR all the credit yet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : No sentence in the English language starts with "him and Bradley", we would normally say He and Bradley... also we would consider whom the opponent is when discussing whether someone is playing better... finally is there any facet of Rondo's game you would like to specifically identify as "improving still" or as we say in English "still improving"?  His shooting percentage is going down, his foul shooting is still abysmal - he gets to the line about a third of the time of actual good point guards, he cannot make a 3 to save his life, and his assists and steals are about the same as they have always been......

Why are you critiquing sentence structure?  In this paragraph you attempted two sentences and butchered them horribly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo will be traded in the off-season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Pud, are the big 3 REALLY playing at the top of their games these days? are they really playing like they were in their primes? i understand this argument back in 07, but now its just an ignorant statement to make. speaking of 07, if ur theory is true, dont you think his production should be DECREASING as the big 3 age and their skills diminish, as opposed to INCREASING? 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Jamez, i don't want to argue with you because I like RR and still hold out hope he can deliver points on a regular basis, but don't think for a minute that having KG, RR and RA out there doesn't open things up for him.  Yes he makes some great passes , truly great passes but he gets about 5 assist from KG every nite,  probably 3 from Paul,  RA not as many as he used to but still get some.  That opens it up and he takes advantage.  I am just as big a PP supporter as you are a RR so lets not but head on this.  The jury is still out on how RR will go in the future, Paul, KG and Ray we already know about and the shear fact they are still playing shows what they can do. With Ray gone have you seen the increase in what Paul does?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Personally, even at their age, I can't think of many other 3 players, non-centers, too much better than ours in terms of being able to shoot a high percentage, 3s from Ray & PP and from 5-15 ft out KG who is a great forward and not a banger Center. Rondo is very much the cog to their success driving to the basket & laying it in or passing it out to them. But just think if he had a 7 footer like, Bynum, Gasol, Howard etc. to whom to alley oop. I think we can keep the BIG 3, Rondo and try everything possible to get D. Howard and, if not, Kaman maybe & draft a biggie & we could make a run next year at # 18.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yes they are,  good enough in those areas to get him to 3 straight all star games. Wow, someone that can't shoot, can't finish, can't shoot free throws and still makes the all star team? Your making a fool of yourself Dud. The Coaches put him in the all star game. Are you smarter than them? Of course I remember you saying and I quote, "i am the smartest poster on this board" unquote. In the all star game where were the Irvings, the Walls, the Nelsons, the Collisons, and all the other great point guards you point out every year who are better than him. Case close the defense rests. 

Dudder - the turd that won't flush!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Him and Bradley make an awsome backcourt that is only going to get better."

I do agree that they play very well together and in some ways Bradley is better as a 2. However you left out that is a pretty tiny backcourt. You can get away with a small point but then with a small 2 as well. Example: D Wade has two inches and forty pounds on Bradley. Don't think he wouldn't exploit that. 

As for the Rondo and big three theory, the verdict is still out on what Rondo can do when this team loses some key shooters. But again, Rondo is the kind of player you want to surround with scorers so maybe Ainge continues to do that. 

Rondo still needs to be a better finisher around the rim and free throw shooter and be more consistent in his mental game but  he's well worth the contract we have him on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : That's all that any NBA PG needs to shine.... and of course be able to play 4 on 5 at crunch time. Think of it... R9R is getting by playing with only 2 HOFers instead of his usual and customary  3. The kid is really roughing it. His dimes are going north (chasing Nash of course) while his vaunted shooting  game is going.... you guessed it... you've seen this before..... due south. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

His scoring is going south because he doesn't have to take that many shots and he'd much rather get an assist than score points.  As the author alluded to, the future HOFs are in decline and Rondo's assists are going up because he is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."

I usually just ignore your anti-Rondo rhetoric because it is quite apparent that your view of his contributions are quite illogical and slanted toward the hater element.  One thing however is certain; he's an all-star in the Association and you ain't (sic).  It is also a certainty that Danny, Doc and his teammates appreciate his skillset despite the whining of the trade Rondo faction that pervades this forum.  Intelligent dialogue on the site designed for Celtics fans is one thing; illogical banter bordering on insanity is another.  Your commentary suggests you lean toward the latter.  It must be sad being you!

As Always,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]I think it was part to let Rondo know, that no one is untradable, keep his ego in check, and at the same time, if someone is willing to call his bluff with some unbelievable, no brainer deal, he would take it...but other than that, i think, he was just  kicking the tires... In this last game I saw rondo taking advantage of driving to the basket, when the other team was guessing pass, and on that beauty to Bass, the defense was thinking pass to a shooter also...so there are ways other than just shooting jumpers to compensate...both Bass and AB like to move without the ball...you don't have to be a HOF to do that...and Hollings is a 7ftr who likes to cut to the hoop, he might have found a home here with Rondo..

Very astute observations.  If they run, cut and look for the ball, Rondo the pass-first guard will find them for easy baskets.  Hollins is likely a keeper with Rondo at the helm.

As Always,