Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : No sentence in the English language starts with "him and Bradley", we would normally say He and Bradley... also we would consider whom the opponent is when discussing whether someone is playing better... finally is there any facet of Rondo's game you would like to specifically identify as "improving still" or as we say in English "still improving"?  His shooting percentage is going down, his foul shooting is still abysmal - he gets to the line about a third of the time of actual good point guards, he cannot make a 3 to save his life, and his assists and steals are about the same as they have always been......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dud,

What about your prediction in 2007-08 that an inferior second year point guard couldn't lead his team to a championship.  How did that work out for you?

As Always,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Jamez, i don't want to argue with you because I like RR and still hold out hope he can deliver points on a regular basis, but don't think for a minute that having KG, RR and RA out there doesn't open things up for him.  Yes he makes some great passes , truly great passes but he gets about 5 assist from KG every nite,  probably 3 from Paul,  RA not as many as he used to but still get some.  That opens it up and he takes advantage.  I am just as big a PP supporter as you are a RR so lets not but head on this.  The jury is still out on how RR will go in the future, Paul, KG and Ray we already know about and the shear fact they are still playing shows what they can do. With Ray gone have you seen the increase in what Paul does?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

haha, absolutely no reason to argue, you are very reasonable in your observations! 

im not ignorant enough to think that The Big 3 havent helped Rondo in his career at all, thinking that would be foolish and uneducated. the thing that irks me is when people say he is only effective BC of the big 3. logic would suggest that if that were true, Rondo would be declining each year as the big 3 are, when i think its quite obvious that he is developing himself into being a very good player, elite at his position. interestingly enough, its Brandon Bass that Rondo is getting the most assists from. altho very good, idk of anyone who is going to call Bass an elite player. he also was making Chris Wilcox look very good b4 his injury, and seems to be building chemistry with Ryan Hollins. 

my point is that yes, its always a benefit of having good shooters on your team. but when you take into effect the amount of players Rondo is getting shots, you cant really place his success solely on the Big 3. 

and thats not directed at you neccesarily,OneonOne, just making a general statement.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]You see guys, the almost 60-year old wingnut is high/drunk again. He's hijacking the threads again. Ha Ha The master of Keystone strikes again! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How original .... Pitiful... He copies other peeps posts and their sayings ... isn't a slice of originality in anything he says ... he regurgitates stuff from BleacherReport.

Re: Jazz vs. Celtics

posted at 3/29/2012 11:36 AM EDT

First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 3/29/2012
    Fierce is either a LIAR, a HYPOCRITE or plain STUPID ... You be the judge!

He accuses me of calling the $2.5M exception incorrectly as the MLE but look who was throwing that term around before I even mentioned it ... Not only the wrong term but obviously he thought we were entitled to $5M for non-taxpaying teams or he wouldn't have said "FULL MLE" .... Covering his azz as usual after the feux pas:

Re: Predictions-Celtics lineup next year

posted at 3/26/2012 11:23 AM EDT

First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 3/29/2012
    The salary cap is 58m and if the Celts will be under the cap when free-agency begins, the Celts will have the full MLE.

YOUR WORDS FIERCE ... LET THE RECORD BE SHOWN and this board knows who the real LIAR, HYPOCRITE & FRAUD is .... PITIFUL!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : I think it is more due to the fact that the majority living in Boston are very racist. I wish this were untrue, but even Bill Russell said so.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

You do realized that the Big three are all black, with a black coach, right???

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : No sentence in the English language starts with "him and Bradley", we would normally say He and Bradley... also we would consider whom the opponent is when discussing whether someone is playing better... finally is there any facet of Rondo's game you would like to specifically identify as "improving still" or as we say in English "still improving"?  His shooting percentage is going down, his foul shooting is still abysmal - he gets to the line about a third of the time of actual good point guards, he cannot make a 3 to save his life, and his assists and steals are about the same as they have always been......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Yes you are right, Dudder, my english needs work, thats why im getting a masters in Finance...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Off topic but...has anyone noticed that Snoopsnizzle and KobeDaman both have exactly 126 posts? They have different First Date values but...hmmm...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

When people  digress to personal attacks, its usually because they don't have the facts to substantiate  their view points.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am the one who came on the board in December and said Bradley has athleticism like Westbrook, that Doc needed to give him 30 games without looking over his shoulder. I also took a lot of heat saying Bradley could be a player in the NBA while Moore was a career bench player. Now I am saying that DA doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Bradley's play is allowing DA to think about it if the trade improves the team. What seems to keep popping up is a sign and trade with Hibbert. DA and Doc could get comfortable with Bradley at the point if Rondo is traded. I also like the team with Rondo and Bradley both on the team, but DA needs to get more players, and I don't know how he does that without moving Rondo, he just needs to find a fit/player he wants back. I also don't get the DA criticism. He knows and can spot talent. Everyone he has brought in can play if and when given the chance. I don't agree with all of his moves. I would have preferred he kept Brooks rather than trade. I don't think JJJ will be a player and Brooks will, making Ray maybe expendable. Might have been interesting to think about what PP, KG, Hibbert, Bass, Green, Wilcox, Bradley, Brooks could have done next year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Dud, What about your prediction in 2007-08 that an inferior second year point guard couldn't lead his team to a championship.  How did that work out for you? As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your meaning is here or if I'm reading it wrong but..... Rondo certainly did not LEAD the C's to a title in 07..  If you recall, he spent alot of time on the bench in several of the games due to poor, ineffective play. hardly leading.

PP led the way, with Ray & KG close behind and contributions by many, including Rondo. But dont mistake Rondos being on the team as meaning he LED the C's to the title.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Why are you critiquing sentence structure?  In this paragraph you attempted two sentences and butchered them horribly.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

:-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Rondo creates plenty of his own assists and the teams offense for that matter, regardles of who is on the court with him.  As far as the people who claimed his assists were just a product of playing with KG, PP, and RA, well it is pretty easy to make the case that playing with a bunch of older, slower players actually costs Rondo assists, b/c he can't push the tempo as much.

Rondo is an all star PG, regardless of who else is on the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Not sure what your meaning is here or if I'm reading it wrong but..... Rondo certainly did not LEAD the C's to a title in 07..  If you recall, he spent alot of time on the bench in several of the games due to poor, ineffective play. hardly leading. PP led the way, with Ray & KG close behind and contributions by many, including Rondo. But dont mistake Rondos being on the team as meaning he LED the C's to the title.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

To clarify, milk Dud inferred that the Celtics could not win with Rondo as the point and all of us know how that worked out.  And if you don't recall, Rondo played the majority of the minutes at the point, NOT on the bench.  As the point guard, he LED and directed his teammates to victory as most point guards do.  I don't recall stuttering then or now.  Still got all the games on my DVR.

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If Rondo had been traded for Gasol, which team would have benefited more??? I have say that im glad that deal did'nt get done...becasue we can find another big, without paying such a high price..and bradley is not yet ready for full time playoff action.  Next year, a different matter altogether...but it would have to be for a younger big,(preferrably a Center) not one right behind the big three in the ARP line...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I am the one who came on the board in December and said Bradley has athleticism like Westbrook, that Doc needed to give him 30 games without looking over his shoulder. I also took a lot of heat saying Bradley could be a player in the NBA while Moore was a career bench player. Now I am saying that DA doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Bradley's play is allowing DA to think about it if the trade improves the team. What seems to keep popping up is a sign and trade with Hibbert. DA and Doc could get comfortable with Bradley at the point if Rondo is traded. I also like the team with Rondo and Bradley both on the team, but DA needs to get more players, and I don't know how he does that without moving Rondo, he just needs to find a fit/player he wants back. I also don't get the DA criticism. He knows and can spot talent. Everyone he has brought in can play if and when given the chance. I don't agree with all of his moves. I would have preferred he kept Brooks rather than trade. I don't think JJJ will be a player and Brooks will, making Ray maybe expendable. Might have been interesting to think about what PP, KG, Hibbert, Bass, Green, Wilcox, Bradley, Brooks could have done next year
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

not sure why they would suddenly become comfortable, Avery isnt playing point guard during his recent surge, he has played at the 2. Doc has already said its obvious that Avery is a 2, so why would they get rid of Rondo to put Avery at the 1?

also, by nxt yr we wont be one or two players away from being elite anymore, so trading Rondo to get a big man wont make much sense, unless its Dwight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : You do realized that the Big three are all black, with a black coach, right???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

This means nothing, as I was referring to the city of Boston on the whole, not the Celtic organization. I am huge fan of the Celtics, and would not like them if there was any sense of racism from within.

BTW - Just a question to ponder regarding the Boston Marathon - - Why is it that a couple of Nigerians are always being chased down the streets of Boston by a lot of white people? Racism at its finest... Just sayin'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

those who are quickest to play the race card are likliest to be the racists. plus that joke was tired thirty years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]those who are quickest to play the race card are likliest to be the racists. plus that joke was tired thirty years ago.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Amen, brother!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    redRuss, i wanted to ask you:

you posted very recently that rondo is apt to be traded this summer. maybe, but i'd like to think the decision makers are warming to the notion of building a running team around him. you not feelin' that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : redRuss, i wanted to ask you: you posted very recently that rondo is apt to be traded this summer. maybe, but i'd like to think the decision makers are warming to the notion of building a running team around him. you not feelin' that?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I can see both sides - he is a player to build around, but I also see him as our most tradeable asset this summer.  I think he makes Danny and Doc crazy......and if we are completely rebuilding, then, yes, I think Danny could pull the trigger to get even more cap space!
    Just my own opinion, though!