Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory

The C's dont necessarily have to be in a rebuilding mode next year. In fact, I think they will be in better position this summer to build around the Big 3 for a legitimate title run. With the two picks, the C's can at least bring in young athletes that can be consistent contributors in the rotation. If they choose to resign KG and maybe Allen to lesser contracts, they still should have enough money to go after a good center like McGee or Kaman.

I do not think the C's are a realistic title contender this year, but I think the decline of this team due to age is a bit exaggerated. In a condensed season which hurts older teams moreso than others, the C's are still contending for the 3rd seed in the east playoffs. That is pretty impressive all things considered. Allen, Pierce, and KG are not what they once were, but they are all still very effective

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory:
    [QUOTE]those who are quickest to play the race card are likliest to be the racists. plus that joke was tired thirty years ago.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

More like 50 years ago when Russell heard it and wondered why Bosrton was so racist. Just sayin'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : More like 50 years ago when Russell heard it and wondered why Bosrton was so racist. Just sayin'
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Yep.  50 years ago.

Way to keep current son.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Yep.  50 years ago. Way to keep current son.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

As a Celtic fan, there is nothing current worth talking about. We are the 7th seed in a horrible conference and will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs this year. Please enlighten me on some positive current events, bro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : As a Celtic fan, there is nothing current worth talking about. We are the 7th seed in a horrible conference and will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs this year. Please enlighten me on some positive current events, bro.

OKC 102
    LAL 92

That's current, and good news, boy!!  As a Celtics fan, I'm sure you appreciate it!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

as they used to say on Family Feud....Good Answer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo's one of the best passers in the NBA, he's as good as Steve Nash when it comes to passing. The only problem with Rondo is he doesn't make defenses play him. He needs to score more, like 15-16 every game. Since the trade deadline passed Rondo's scoring has dipped. In the last 10 games Rondo's only averaging 7.9 ppg. http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo   
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I liked the way KoMe and the Lackers defense weren't able to contain Rondo when he decided to take it to the hole.  The Celtics lost the game but Rondo showed when he wants to get to the hole he can't be stopped, just hacked.

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Why are you critiquing sentence structure?  In this paragraph you attempted two sentences and butchered them horribly.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

LOL    ...because he is theDudder "The turd that refuses to flush."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : As a Celtic fan, there is nothing current worth talking about. We are the 7th seed in a horrible conference and will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs this year. Please enlighten me on some positive current events, bro.

Celtics:  4th seed.     The team that has the best record in each of the three divisions in each conference is declared division champion. The three champions, and another team in the conference with the best record, are seeded one through four by their records. .... I hate to bore the board with rule quotes but since you obviously don't know anything about basketball I thought I would do you the favor.   

Snoopedrizzle:   "bleeding green"   for nearly 2 weeks now...   and can't stop himself from  persistant race baiting...      how long before this fraudulent handle gets banned???    I'm sure I should know, but who is ths creep anyway?     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : not sure why they would suddenly become comfortable, Avery isnt playing point guard during his recent surge, he has played at the 2. Doc has already said its obvious that Avery is a 2, so why would they get rid of Rondo to put Avery at the 1? also, by nxt yr we wont be one or two players away from being elite anymore, so trading Rondo to get a big man wont make much sense, unless its Dwight. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] Avery has the ability to play the one, and with a season under his belt could develop into an all star one. What is elite? Other than Rose, the bulls aren't elite, they play together, play hard, every night. A team of Bass, Bradley, Green, Wilcox, KG, PP, Hibbert and one FA signing of an upper echelon player (not DH or DWill) puts the Celts with. Punchers chance of Eastern top 3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory": [QUOTE] If Rondo had been traded for Gasol, which team would have benefited more??? I have say that im glad that deal did'nt get done...becasue we can find another big, without paying such a high price..and bradley is not yet ready for full time playoff action.  Next year, a different matter altogether...but it would have to be for a younger big,(preferrably a Center) not one right behind the big three in the ARP line... Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE] I think you have to look at the Cs as havin Gasol and Sessions (who the Fakers got for a bag of balls so the Rondo-less Cs could have also).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : This means nothing, as I was referring to the city of Boston on the whole, not the Celtic organization. I am huge fan of the Celtics, and would not like them if there was any sense of racism from within. BTW - Just a question to ponder regarding the Boston Marathon - - Why is it that a couple of Nigerians are always being chased down the streets of Boston by a lot of white people? Racism at its finest... Just sayin' Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE] It is Kenyans nitwit. Can't even get your African stereotypes right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : haha, absolutely no reason to argue, you are very reasonable in your observations!  im not ignorant enough to think that The Big 3 havent helped Rondo in his career at all, thinking that would be foolish and uneducated. the thing that irks me is when people say he is only effective BC of the big 3. logic would suggest that if that were true, Rondo would be declining each year as the big 3 are, when i think its quite obvious that he is developing himself into being a very good player, elite at his position. interestingly enough, its Brandon Bass that Rondo is getting the most assists from. altho very good, idk of anyone who is going to call Bass an elite player. he also was making Chris Wilcox look very good b4 his injury, and seems to be building chemistry with Ryan Hollins.  my point is that yes, its always a benefit of having good shooters on your team. but when you take into effect the amount of players Rondo is getting shots, you cant really place his success solely on the Big 3.  and thats not directed at you neccesarily,OneonOne, just making a general statement.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Sure right about one thing. He has made some super plays for other guys this year, more than in the past. Wilcox was not doing much, started moving and running the floor, Rondo found him and Boom he was a effective player. I see the same happening with Hollins. Best passer in the game no doubt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory": It is Kenyans nitwit. Can't even get your African stereotypes right.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    Haha
    +2 for marathon runner ethnicity awareness

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory": Avery has the ability to play the one, and with a season under his belt could develop into an all star one. What is elite? Other than Rose, the bulls aren't elite, they play together, play hard, every night. A team of Bass, Bradley, Green, Wilcox, KG, PP, Hibbert and one FA signing of an upper echelon player (not DH or DWill) puts the Celts with. Punchers chance of Eastern top 3.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

AB looks substantially different playing the 2 as opposed to the 1. theres an obvious difference and he is a natural 2..it is wat it is. could he develop? sure..but he prefers the 2 so im not sure doc will want to change him from a position he prefers and is better at.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its nice to have that combo ability, gives us more versatility. That kid has really come along..but ultimately, the C's will go as far as Rondo goes,this is his year to take that extra step. I believe he will. If not, then he may be gone next year...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Not surprising. JamLock truly believes that Rondo is the best PG in the association, bar none!

Very, very true!  Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none!  There are not many that have ever had his skill set and he's still coming into his own.  I also believe the Celtics have a reasonable chance to win it all this year.  We'll see.

As Always,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Well, I guess he stepped up big time, again...how many triple doubles does this guy have to produce in a season to get the credit he deserves...??? Whats the record anyway...Did'nt he just break the assist record...?? Maybe if he leads the league in rebounding, some will take notice...

Thank You Jimmy!!!!,,,for not taking the trade,,,just in case it was offered...

That would have haunted us for a decade...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Report: Lakers Turn Down Gasol For Rondo Publish Date: Mar 13, 2012, 11:04 AM ET Duration: 07:31 Marcellus Wiley, Doug Stewart and Skip Bayless discuss the report that the Lakers turned down a Pau Gasol-for-Rajon Rondo trade. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7680728

Danny ain't no fool!  In addition to the Poor Gas Oil mixture (Gasol), By None (Bynum), and an old KoMe (3 for 99), the Lackers would need to throw in 5 or 6 first round draft picks for the Celtics to get close to fair value for "the best point guard in the Association, bar none!"  Danny ain't no moron either; the Fakers were trying to get the best for old, spare parts.  No happenings, just sportscasters gossiping.

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Report: Lakers Turn Down Gasol For Rondo Publish Date: Mar 13, 2012, 11:04 AM ET Duration: 07:31 Marcellus Wiley, Doug Stewart and Skip Bayless discuss the report that the Lakers turned down a Pau Gasol-for-Rajon Rondo trade. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7680728

i get my info from the horse's mouth:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : i get my info from the horse's mouth: http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/13/2868776/ainge-tells-la-fans-he-would-never-trade-rondo-for-gasol-video
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It was nice to hear Danny say to the young fan who said he'd take Rondo for Gasoil, "I'm sure you would," and that "he wouldn't even consider that one."  Just like the fantasy sportcasters wishing the Lackers get something (great) for nothing, I'll reiterate, Danny ain't no fool!

As Always,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bayless is  clueless, but that Wiley guy sure wanted the Lakers to get Rondo...
    even they did'nt know the value of Rondo...now we all know...Koby must be wondering what coulda, woulda, been...that ship has sailed..Jamlock, you were right on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revisiting the Rondo and Big 3 theory : Bayless is  clueless, but that Wiley guy sure wanted the Lakers to get Rondo... even they did'nt know the value of Rondo...now we all know...Koby must be wondering what coulda, woulda, been...that ship has sailed..Jamlock, you were right on.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I'm obviously a big Rondo fan and believe him to be the best in the Association.  I also love the Celtics as much now as I did in the 20+ years when they were irrelevant.  I never will understand all the criticism from those who profess to be fans.  I'm pulling for them to win it all as I have for the last 43 years.

As Always,