Riggin for Wiggins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Riggin for Wiggins

Me' I don't care about Rondo"

Tomobo "AHA, you love Rondo"

Me " I just come here to mess around with you and Pud"

Tomobo " AHA you just come here to mess around with me and Pud"

Me " can you help me promote my new book?"

Tomobo " I will mention you are a writer in every post I write".

Me "I love Tomobo"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the meantime, Rondo and $20 gets him in.

Dudder wasn't afraid to take an unpopular position.... and his batting average was better than most regarding Rondo.

But he can defend himself.

What happens to you if Rondo gets traded?

Do you stay with the Cs or do you follow Rondo?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

24 hours to think about it and jtkl remains radio silent out on his ledge.

In the meantime, he is scaring...... little old ladies.

For some, desperate times have arrived.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the more thought provoking posts in a while here. Whether one loves or hates him does that particular emotion supersede the love of the team?

[/QUOTE]

Its the 900 lb gorilla in the room that few of these sad sacks  want to consider, much less talk about.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know Pud, this reminds of the time Dudder said Rondo would never "sniff" another all star game, three years ago. Poor Dud. Wrong about everything.

Rondo keeps putting up John Stockton like numbers you can visit his exhibit in Springfield. 

[/QUOTE]

Dudder wasn't afraid to take an unpopular position.... and his batting average was better than most regarding Rondo.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Both. I wil watch the nets and clips this year, but boston is always my team. Rondo isn't likely getting traded. Because that would be a dumb move on Ainge's part and Ainge isn't dumb. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

24 hours to think about it and jtkl remains radio silent out on his ledge.

In the meantime, he is scaring...... little old ladies.

For some, desperate times have arrived.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Poor pud. I feel your pain. Everyyear for the last five years you beg fro Rondo to be traded. every year he is still here with a higher profile. Must be why Dud left jumped off a bridge. Will you follow? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Both. I wil watch the nets and clips this year, but boston is always my team. Rondo isn't likely getting traded. Because that would be a dumb move on Ainge's part and Ainge isn't dumb. 

[/QUOTE]

Dumb old DA has tried to trade him before... but you apparently think DA has "found Jesus" now. LOL!

My guess is that if Rondo is traded away, you will remain at BDC then to whine/crybaby/bed wet/bleat/bellyache/snivel and squall out loud  each time Rondo has a decent game, just to remind us all what a HUGE mistake DA made trading away your enigmatic future HOFer superstar.

Awesome!

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Derp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Derp.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Pud is in rare form.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

There is no guarantee that (even with the worst record) the Celtics get the #1 pick. Even if they did get Wiggins, there is no guarantee he isn't a massive bust., It happens all the time. Look at Pervis Ellison. One of my top 5 least favorite Celtics ever. He was a 1.

Too many what ifs. I would rather just watch each gane and  root for the Celtics to win. Rooting against them would feel unnatural. Maybe if they are fighting for last [place near the end of the season I could swing it. But not in  October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo isn;t going to make a big difference to this team whether he returns or not this season.  We'll be in the bottom three and the ping pong balls will fall as they may.  

If Danny tried multiple times to trade Rondo with an attractive contract, he sure as H E double L will be trying to move him as Rondo will be demanding a long term max contract in 2014.

The real question is whether Danny can get the value he wants in a Rondo trade.  He has floated Rondo every other season but nobody has taken the bait.  and this year he needs to package one or more of our 4 bad contracts. 

Rondo is practicing with the team now in limited non-contact.  My guess is that Rondo returns in early December and Danny will have to reduce expectations, as he should given Rondo's injury, and move him with Wallace at the Dec trade deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

eldunker, you're tops with these rondo trade guesses. keep 'em coming. Smile

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dumb old DA has tried to trade him before... but you apparently think DA has "found Jesus" now. LOL!

My guess is that if Rondo is traded away, you will remain at BDC then to whine/crybaby/bed wet/bleat/bellyache/snivel and squall out loud  each time Rondo has a decent game, just to remind us all what a HUGE mistake DA made trading away your enigmatic future HOFer superstar.

Awesome!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Sure he has. He tried to trade him for Chris Paul one of the top 3 players in the league. I'd be fine with that. I will trade one HOF player for a better HOF player. 

Just shows what a great GM Danny Ainge is.

However since the odds of the Celtics trading away a great Player like Rondo are so low. I predict you will be here to whine about Rondo for the next five years.  :) I would say let the crying begin but it's been going on for 6 years. :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo isn;t going to make a big difference to this team whether he returns or not this season.  We'll be in the bottom three and the ping pong balls will fall as they may.  

If Danny tried multiple times to trade Rondo with an attractive contract, he sure as H E double L will be trying to move him as Rondo will be demanding a long term max contract in 2014.

The real question is whether Danny can get the value he wants in a Rondo trade.  He has floated Rondo every other season but nobody has taken the bait.  and this year he needs to package one or more of our 4 bad contracts. 

Rondo is practicing with the team now in limited non-contact.  My guess is that Rondo returns in early December and Danny will have to reduce expectations, as he should given Rondo's injury, and move him with Wallace at the Dec trade deadline.

Don't think that is going to happen. The primary reason is slash and burn rebuilds rarely work without a long slow slog.. Look at the Bulls post Jordan. Plenty of time in the lottery still took forever to rebuild. 

The fact is the Celtics, would love to get a player like Wiggins but if they do... to keep the rebuild from being a long process a Player like Wiggins or Parker need other good players to play with Right Now! Otherwise we are the kings with Cousins, or the Cavs with Irving. That is we are waiting for other young players to devlop around them. No guarentee they do either. Look at the Bobcats.

If  you keep Rondo (besides the fun of making pud cry on a nightly basis.) you have a 4 time All star to pair with a Wiggins or a Parker right away. Basically you have enough talent that is ready to make a playoff push. That makes you a a destination for free agents and if players like KO and Sullinger develop they can either become all stars or be packaged ina a trade for a third all star. Giving the Celtics a competing core. 

Keeping Rondo, helps the Celtics rebuild far more quickly.  It leaves open the possability of being a playoff team in one year and a contender much faster. You trade him, for  picks and young talent you are looking at 4-5 years of being in the lottery. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sure he has. He tried to trade him for Chris Paul one of the top 3 players in the league. I'd be fine with that. I will trade one HOF player for a better HOF player. 

[/QUOTE]

Rondo for CP3???? No! Not even close.

DA tried to trade Rondo (with 4 years left on contract)... and pieces and picks...  for a ONE YEAR RENTAL CP3.

CP3 had made it clear that he would not sign an extention to play in Beantown, had no interest in being in Beantown... and a desperate DA made the offer anyway... in effect giving Rondo away for a disgruntled ASPG wanting/planning/demanding to be elsewhere as soon as FA allowed.

That was one of a number of trade attempts... and the most egregious by a wide margin.... and you are taking pride in it. How misguided!

Rondo felt dissed by this particular trade offer. I don't blame him.

You would feel PO'd too if you had any sense.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DA tried to trade Rondo (with 4 years left on contract)... and pieces and picks...  for a ONE YEAR RENTAL CP3.

CP3 had made it clear that he would not sign an extention to play in Beantown, had no interest in being in Beantown... and a desperate DA made the offer anyway... in effect giving Rondo away for a disgruntled ASPG wanting/planning/demanding to be elsewhere as soon as FA allowed.

That was one of a number of trade attempts... and the most egregious by a wide margin.... and you are taking pride in it. How misguided!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

DA tried to trade Rondo for CP3.  And he did not trade Rondo for a 1-year rental of CP3.  Simple.  Right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Pud, did you happen to notice who the new Clippers head coach is? Glenn (Doc) Rivers. you might of heard of him. Anyway, CP3 he threatned to leave the Clips for less money, if they didn't get Doc. They got Doc (and Danny our terrifc GM shrewdly got a number 1 pick.)

Now, you may or may not have known this given how closely you follow basketball, but Doc Rivers was the Celtics coach at the time of the trade offer. So there is that.

Also, by all accounts the Celtics have one of the best enviornments to play in the country. Players who come here love it here (see former players like Pietrius, Perkins etc...) so there is that.

Finally, the Celtics would have been able to offer the most money to CP3 for a max contract, because you can pay your own players more , so there is that. 

The fact is Danny was betting he could get CP3 to stay. he was pretty confident of it in fact.  

Rondo was offended by the trade talk because he thinks he is as good or better than CP3.

So, Pud, please you don't have to like Rondo, but you can avoid being delusional. 

Just so you know. 

Danny isn't likely to trade Rondo, unless he gets:

A) A superstar. (In the healthy Westbrook, Rose or  James Harden, Chris Paul category)

B) Some seriously good package of young players with superstar potential, and draft picks... too good to pass up.

So basically it's not likely to happen. Which means, you are likely to wail and gnash your teeth and come up with excuses about how Danny couldn't get rid of Rondo for the rest of the year.  Even though likely he really isn't trying. but hey you know things and you just know he is desperate to get rid of Rondo, you know this in your heart, because you are Kreshkin or something. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

So basically it's not likely to happen. Which means, you are likely to wail and gnash your teeth and come up with excuses about how Danny couldn't get rid of Rondo for the rest of the year.  

[/QUOTE]

You've apparently climbed back out on the ledge again....don't dare look down.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So basically it's not likely to happen. Which means, you are likely to wail and gnash your teeth and come up with excuses about how Danny couldn't get rid of Rondo for the rest of the year.  

[/QUOTE]

You've apparently climbed back out on the ledge again....don't dare look down.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I feel you pud. Five long years. Could this be the year? Nope. Next year for certain!!!