Rojon (Magic) Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Rojon (Magic) Rondo

He simply hasn't played in enough games lately.  Can't stay healthy.  Teams don't win.  Doesn't appear to me to be in shape.  Take your pick.  I hope I'm wrong (well not really) but to me he seems like baron davis the second.

It's easier to put up numbers on a terrible team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

there are things rondo knows about the playoffs - the deep playoffs - like the back of his hand that deron williams has never been exposed to. i'll take rondo over him any day.

look at all the injuries rose had this year. it's becoming the norm for him. he'll likely miss the better part of next season and is not likely to return to form until the following season, if then. i'll take rondo again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

If you remember, Magic didn't have a great jumper early in his career either.........

If RR can dedicate himself to a midrange jumper. He would be tremendous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Rojon (Magic) Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rojon (Magic) Rondo : send me a oz of whatever you're smokin'.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

sorry, don't even understand what that means...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]there are things rondo knows about the playoffs - the deep playoffs - like the back of his hand that deron williams has never been exposed to. i'll take rondo over him any day. look at all the injuries rose had this year. it's becoming the norm for him. he'll likely miss the better part of next season and is not likely to return to form until the following season, if then. i'll take rondo again. 
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

excellent analogy...the more experience in the playoff, the better..this is where the cream rises to the top..and Rondo is clearly demonstrating it....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]Hey ladies... since we're dreaming.... if the Cs can build a dynasty around R9R, maybe, just maybe,  Mayberry RFD can build the sheriffs department around Deputy Barney Fife  after Andy Taylor retires. Seems just as likely. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Such a hater, I am not saying you can. But dont compare him to FIFE. DOWN right rude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE] After Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Paul and Williams, Rondo is probably the best of the next group!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

at this point, ppl are making lists based on names and the past rather than actually watching players and knowing. Rondo is 2nd or 3rd in the league at this point. 

1. Chris Paul
    2a. Russ Westbrook
    2b. Rajon Rondo
    3. Tony Parker

D Rose is injury prone and purely a scorer, get his teammates involved, get them into sets, rebound the basketball? none of these things can be done

Tony Parker is a GREAT offensive player, but again, liability on defense and cant rebound the basketball.

ppl are living in the past when it comes to Deron Williams, they see his name and just assume he needs to be at the top, and hes not. he is a good scorer, but is ALWAYS hurt and slightly selfish, i think he is elite, but not better than any of the previous guards at this point. 

there arent many players who are able to do the things Russ Westbrook and Rondo can do. all across the board, Rondo can score, best passer in the game, rebounds at 6-1, plays defense, runs the show. none of the other guards can do this..ppl are mesmerized by a guy who just scores, but give me a guy who can do it all any day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He is also coming up big when it counts.....this is what separates the men from the boys...he just put the hurt on phillie in the fourth..that they may not be able to recover from...
    .Bass was super in the third, but who got him the shots???

Remeber people were critical of his shot, ft's, and lacked the ability to close a game in crunch time...even Doc had to pull him at the end of games...not anymore..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]He is also coming up big when it counts.....this is what separates the men from the boys...he just put the hurt on phillie in the fourth..that they may not be able to recover from... .Bass was super in the third, but who got him the shots??? Remeber people were critical of his shot, ft's, and lacked the ability to close a game in crunch time...even Doc had to pull him at the end of games...not anymore..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Tonight he was awful - just pitiful.

In a closeout game?!

Magic played hard every night.  Please don't ever compare rondoi with players who played hard every night.

Rondo takes games off all the time.  He takes an entire half off regularly - even in the playoffs.

No energy - doesn't care. 

nothing like magic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight he was awful - just pitiful. In a closeout game?! Magic played hard every night.  Please don't ever compare rondoi with players who played hard every night. Rondo takes games off all the time.  He takes an entire half off regularly - even in the playoffs. No energy - doesn't care.   nothing like magic
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, but Rondo WAY too inconsistent to be considered an elite PG. Lot of fun to watch when he's on, but man does he have trouble conjuring it up when the situation calls for it and he doesn't necessarily "feel" it. Opposite of The Truth in that respect.