Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul

Jeff Green for Nick Young and we are on our way to Dwight Howard in 2012!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul

Keep Rondo and wait until next off season and trade for Chris Paul, if Howard will come with Paul.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think one of the big three baby and a draft pic will get us something. Baby will be part of a sign and trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul:
    [QUOTE]I think one of the big three baby and a draft pic will get us something. Baby will be part of a sign and trade.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

There is zero chance NO will go for it, and even zeroer chance of getting Howard.  Let's dream more realistically.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, BBD will have to be signed first but perhaps Rondo + JO or Rondo + Green would get it done too.

Either way, we would have to trade for a star (like we did w/KG) because if Paul hits free agency then he's most likely bound for NY and I don't think any of Doc or DA's charms would get him here then.

However, if we were to trade for another star player, then our chances could be better because we would have a year to win them over and get them to resign.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Were not trading Rondo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You honestly think New Orleans would go for that? They'd wet themselves laughing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Are you people serious?

Why would Boston trade a solid young point guard for a shoot first PG that has bones grinding tgether in his knee? They guy is never going to be 100% again. And it's only going to get worse as he ages.

This trade makes zero sense for the C's in either short or long term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Congratulations. You have proposed an equally bad trade for both sides, that isn't easy to do. NO would never trade Paul and we'd be taking a huge risk given all his health issues. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul : There is zero chance NO will go for it, and even zeroer chance of getting Howard.  Let's dream more realistically.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]The NO franchise is now owned by the NBA. Unless the team is sold, David Stern calls the shots. Nothing is impossible in this regard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

You can not trade Rondo for a guard like Williams or Paul because no one wants Rondo and his 55 million and his lack of confidence in his outside shot and his man standing in the middle blocking driving and passing lanes, Everyone is happy to have him in Boston where he is proclaimed to the the greatest player on the court and he is only a NBA backup point on other teams.  West should start  and Rondo could come off the bench and drive the second unit to greatness, because that is what he is a back up point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]You can not trade Rondo for a guard like Williams or Paul because no one wants Rondo and his 55 million and his lack of confidence in his outside shot and his man standing in the middle blocking driving and passing lanes, Everyone is happy to have him in Boston where he is proclaimed to the the greatest player on the court and he is only a NBA backup point on other teams.  West should start  and Rondo could come off the bench and drive the second unit to greatness, because that is what he is a back up point.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

A glorified BUPG, no more, no less.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]Are you people serious? Why would Boston trade a solid young point guard for a shoot first PG that has bones grinding tgether in his knee? They guy is never going to be 100% again. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. This trade makes zero sense for the C's in either short or long term.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Solid  young  point  guard  ???  Are  you  kidding ?  RR  has  junior  varsity  skills  when  shooting  free  throws.  He  has  high  school  varsity  skills  when  shooting  jumpers  outside  12  feet.  He  is  vastly  over-rated  on  defense, routinely  allowing  opposing  PG's  to  penetrate  with  his  " swipe "  defense.  He  turns  the  ball  over  way  too  much  with  his  hot  dog  passes.  Rondo's  poor  shooting  always  has  put  incredible  pressure  on  KG  to  hit  his  jumpers  and  the  team  as  a  whole  has  suffered.  If  you  watched  Chris  Paul  in  the  playoffs  you  would  understand  that  he  is  back.  New  Orleans  would  never  trade  CP  for  Rondo  and  BBD.  That  being  said, the  Celts  should  trade  RR  as  his  trade  value  is  still  relatively  high.  And  they  should  sign  and  trade  BBD.  If  the  Celts  were  smart  they  would  put  together    an  attractive  package  that  gets  them  CP  or  Deron  Williams.  Trading  just  RR  and  BBD  won't  be  enough  to  get  an  elite  PG. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]You can not trade Rondo for a guard like Williams or Paul because no one wants Rondo and his 55 million and his lack of confidence in his outside shot and his man standing in the middle blocking driving and passing lanes, Everyone is happy to have him in Boston where he is proclaimed to the the greatest player on the court and he is only a NBA backup point on other teams.  West should start  and Rondo could come off the bench and drive the second unit to greatness, because that is what he is a back up point.

Excellent  post.  RR  would  be  completely  exposed  if  he  were  playing  for  Golden  State  or  the  Clippers.  West, overall, is  a  better PG  than  RR.  Unfortunately  West  seems  to  be  injury  prone.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I respect your longevity as C's fans, and go back almost as far myself, but respectfully disagree with you evaluation of Rondo.  I have previously posted a list of the 20-25 PGs we've tried since DJ retired, and other than Wesley and Billips (both of whom Pitino ushered out the door), and Delonte (whom we got back), none of them can hold a candle to Rondo.  I'm so tired of the "The Celtics need a point guard" complaint, that I don't want to hear it again for at least 5 years.  After Couz, KC, and DJ, Rondo is the best PG we've had in our lifetimes -- and Delonte as backup makes us as well stocked there as anyone in the league.

cheers --

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

New Orleans doesn't want Paul to leave and get nothing. Rondo may not be the best PG but what other top 7 PG could you get for CP3? No one is giving you a PF or C for CP3.

Rondo has 2 All Star appearances and has a title so his resume is there.

I think Ainge will give New Orleans what it wants for CP3. CP3 under Doc would be a great combo. Doc isn't signing for 5 years unless Ainge told him "hey here is the plan and I think we can continue to be a top team once I make these moves."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Are you people serious? Why would Boston trade a solid young point guard for a shoot first PG that has bones grinding tgether in his knee? They guy is never going to be 100% again. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. This trade makes zero sense for the C's in either short or long term.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Wow! As Johnny Carson used to say " I...I...I did not ...know that!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

Why do you assume nobody is giving up a PF or C for Chris Paul?  It all depends on team needs.  Some teams may have a surplus of big men and/or have their eye on a big man in the draft and therefore can afford letting them go for a superstar pg.  Its not just gonna be pg for pg, but more likely some combination of random players and draft picks.  Theres not many C or pf that a gm would be reluctant to trade for chris paul.  Also, just to clarify, I do not think we have enough to pull off a trade for any superstar, but giving up chris paul for rajon rondo and draft picks would certainly not be the worst move NO could make.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Please include Marco Belinelli in this trade!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well look at it this way. What did NJ get for DWill? They got another All-Star caliber PG, a high pick in Favors and draft picks.

I think Ainge can get CP3 via a trade AND possibly sign David West as a FA because of Doc, Big 3 and a chance to immediately get a title next year.

All Ainge keeps saying is "we need to put better talent around the Big 3 but they can't carry a team anymore." That statement doesn't mean you go get a TJ Ford, Nate Robinson or a 2nd line player. That means he's going to get someone that can make plays in the last 5 mins of a game (our last 2 losses to end the season) without putting all the pressure on the Big 3. Doc signing on long term tells me a big splash is about to be made. Just my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Well look at it this way. What did NJ get for DWill? They got another All-Star caliber PG, a high pick in Favors and draft picks. I think Ainge can get CP3 via a trade AND possibly sign David West as a FA because of Doc, Big 3 and a chance to immediately get a title next year. All Ainge keeps saying is "we need to put better talent around the Big 3 but they can't carry a team anymore." That statement doesn't mean you go get a TJ Ford, Nate Robinson or a 2nd line player. That means he's going to get someone that can make plays in the last 5 mins of a game (our last 2 losses to end the season) without putting all the pressure on the Big 3. Doc signing on long term tells me a big splash is about to be made. Just my opinion.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother!

Where there's smoke there's FIRE!

Doc did not want to come back the last couple of years because of uncertainty about his players IMO(Pierce and Ray contracts were up and Rasheed had to make his job unbearable)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Rondo is one of the reasons I learned to love the Cs last playoffs.
    A team with a PF who has no post moves, a C who could not score, a PG who could not shoot and they almost won it all with defense, hustle, veteran leadership and BB IQ, fantastic. And don`t forget the backup PF who could not jump.

But this year injuries has taken their toll on the Cs and finally they lost their mojo and even their BB IQ. For the second time in a row Rondos weakness was exposed in a PO series loss. If the Cs want to give the core another shot, they need a serious change. The Big 3 simply CANNOT score to double teams in consecutive games any more. Rondo has to improve his shooting or has to be traded otherwise this team will slowly fade.

P.S. No one is going to give us an elite or rising PG (Rose, Willliams, Westbrook etc.) for Rondo. We have to go for second tear PGs (maybe from teams like denver) or an old guys like Nash.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is one of the reasons I learned to love the Cs last playoffs. A team with a PF who has no post moves, a C who could not score, a PG who could not shoot and they almost won it all with defense, hustle, veteran leadership and BB IQ, fantastic. And don`t forget the backup PF who could not jump. But this year injuries has taken their toll on the Cs and finally they lost their mojo and even their BB IQ. For the second time in a row Rondos weakness was exposed in a PO series loss. If the Cs want to give the core another shot, they need a serious change. The Big 3 simply CANNOT score to double teams in consecutive games any more. Rondo has to improve his shooting or has to be traded otherwise this team will slowly fade. P.S. No one is going to give us an elite or rising PG (Rose, Willliams, Westbrook etc.) for Rondo. We have to go for second tear PGs (maybe from teams like denver) or an old guys like Nash.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? A PG like Rondo allows you to be competitive with a starting line up of 5 mil a year players!

He makes scoring easy, even when his man is laying off of him by a mile because of his speed and cleverness, which can't be taught.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul : Are you kidding? A PG like Rondo allows you to be competitive with a starting line up of 5 mil a year players! He makes scoring easy, even when his man is laying off of him by a mile because of his speed and cleverness, which can't be taught.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Close your eyes.... take several deep breaths....  count to 10..... keep breathing..... now imagine that the guys Rondo is passing the ball to are not going straight to the hall of fame the second they are nominated..........

As Mike D'Antoni said... he would like to see Rondo playing in Minnesota, i.e. a lot less talent surrounding him..... I have been saying it for 5 years and nothing I have seen makes me think anything different...

Chris Paul and his 65 IQ must think it would be great to sign a long term deal with a chance to perhaps win one ring and then be stuck with a bunch of late first round picks for the next 5 years.... isn't that what Pierce did a while back?  Chris Paul, like all the other stars, are going where there are stars with a chance to win......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul : Are you kidding? A PG like Rondo allows you to be competitive with a starting line up of 5 mil a year players! He makes scoring easy, even when his man is laying off of him by a mile because of his speed and cleverness, which can't be taught.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

No, I`m not kidding.
    Just a two simple questions?
    Did Rondo make scoring easy in game 5 against miami or game 7 against the Lakers?
    Was Rondos opponent in both series one of the elite playes in the league?

Like I said before, Rondo was one of the reason why I admired the current Celtics squad. But against the Lakers and Miami his weakness has been exposed.
    He has to improve or this squad will go nowhere, simple.
    Allen, KG and Pierce just can`t score against double teams night after night any more.

The coaching staff should know, if he is able to improve his shooting or not. If he was not lazy in the last years, he might just be a bad shooting talent. Than they better find a young Shaq which Rondo can feed in the paint soon.