Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive

Rondo and KG were awarded a first team all-nba defense selection this morning. This 9th selection for KG ties him with MJ and Gary Payton for most ever. Former Celt Tony Allen made second-team, which is also a great honor for an incredibly hard-working guy. Congrats to all of these players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive

.....looks like Tony finally found a home......based on his overall game this season, we could've used him....but again, how many minutes would he have gotten in Boston?....besides, he wanted a bigger paycheck....just like Perk did.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Since I think this will be KG's last year, It is always nice to go out on top.

The best way to go out would be with banner #18.

Having two Celtics on the first team,  shows dedication to defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G has one more year left on his contract of about 20 million dollars. I find unlikely that he will walk away from that. Secondly he's still a very good player. His 28 pt. 17 rebound perfromance the other night is plenty of proof for the ability he still has left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Congratulations KG and Rondo!  This is an honor richly deserved!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i love that they made this list...kg deserves it...
    but lets be serious and realistic for a second...
    who here actually thinks rondo deserves this? i mean throughout the season his defense has bee horrible, i remember watching games and people will always post stuff about how rondo lets his guy just drives by him with ease..and how he doesnt fight over picks...
    I AM NOT bashing rondo at all...but i wanted to be a little realistic....he did not deserve this...
    with that said i am a celtics fan and i love my team...so GLAD he got the award...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

allen2034, rondo was voted first team, by coaches, with more votes than any player w/ the exception of howard. that is NOT horrible defense despite whatever tripe gets posted here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

@allen2034
    [quote] ...who here actually thinks rondo deserves this?...[/quote]

I don't know about here but 16 (not including Doc) out of 30 head coaches thought that he
    deserves this.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

The coaches are the ones that have to gameplan for Rondo sneaking up out of nowhere on the weakside for steals, ball hawking, and his rebounding at the position which may be the best at the pointguard position. Sometimes, as celtics fans, we lose sight of just how good our defense looks in comparison to many other NBA teams,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Mem, you may be right, however, the statements he has made about staying in Boston only as long as Doc stays here, tell a different story.

KG is not your average NBA player, in fact, for many of his years, he has been the highest paid player in the NBA. If he feels that he no longer wants to compete, then he can walk away with more money than God.

With Doc's imminent retirement from the Celtics, the looming lock-out, and the last ride of the big three, I believe this will be his last year.

I hope I am wrong, but as a KG fan, I fear the worst.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive:
    [QUOTE]i love that they made this list...kg deserves it... but lets be serious and realistic for a second... who here actually thinks rondo deserves this? i mean throughout the season his defense has bee horrible, i remember watching games and people will always post stuff about how rondo lets his guy just drives by him with ease..and how he doesnt fight over picks... I AM NOT bashing rondo at all...but i wanted to be a little realistic....he did not deserve this... with that said i am a celtics fan and i love my team...so GLAD he got the award...
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

He definitely deserves it.  Do remember that you don't get first team defense based on fan popularity.  NBA coaches make this determination, and let me assure you that NBA coaches tend to have the highest basketball IQs out there.  They see things that ordinary fans can't see.

With that being said, why do you think Rondo consistently gets more steals than most NBA athletes?  Can you think of any other point guard who presses better than Rondo does?  Watch how opposing coaches have their players bring the ball up.  A lot of the opposing PGs have to focus really hard to keep Rondo from stealing the ball from them.  Next thing they know there are only 12 seconds left on the clock for them to execute their offense.  And they are in trouble already.  Rondo's effective press is a big reason why our defense is so damn good.

How many times do you see Rondo poke the ball from the opposing player?  Yes, he gambles sometimes, but most of the time he is an absolute pest.  And when he does gamble, there is a pretty big chance that he is able to poke the ball away.

How many times do you see Rondo steal balls from the passing lanes?  Is this just a coincidence, or is Rondo good at anticipating this?

How many times do you see Rondo outrebound a much larger body?  Is this a coincidence?

There is no surprise that NBA coaches continue to acknowledge Rondo as one of the better defenders in the league.  He absolutely deserves it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE].....looks like Tony finally found a home......based on his overall game this season, we could've used him....but again, how many minutes would he have gotten in Boston?....besides, he wanted a bigger paycheck....just like Perk did.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

He wanted 1 more year to his deal.. but was fine w/ the per year dollars we offered.

He'd have gotten the mins here for sure. Only got 21 a game this season in Memphis.

1st 10 games DWest was suspended. Then DWest was hurt and right before he came back 'Quis went down.

with Tony here there'd have been no Perk trade. I'd have still liked to have seen them turn 'Quis, Avery, maybe Nate and /or a 1st rd pick into a taller small forward. But DA blew it not going one more year for TA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I have to agree with the posts of not resigning T.A. Three years vs. two years about about 3 million per season if I recall correctly. Tony is a bargain at that contract. He's been an important part of the Grizzlies success this season. One of Tony's best feats last season was his ability to shut down Dwayne Wade in the playoffs. We could sure use him now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive : He definitely deserves it.  Do remember that you don't get first team defense based on fan popularity.  NBA coaches make this determination, and let me assure you that NBA coaches tend to have the highest basketball IQs out there.  They see things that ordinary fans can't see. With that being said, why do you think Rondo consistently gets more steals than most NBA athletes?  Can you think of any other point guard who presses better than Rondo does?  Watch how opposing coaches have their players bring the ball up.  A lot of the opposing PGs have to focus really hard to keep Rondo from stealing the ball from them.  Next thing they know there are only 12 seconds left on the clock for them to execute their offense.  And they are in trouble already.  Rondo's effective press is a big reason why our defense is so damn good. How many times do you see Rondo poke the ball from the opposing player?  Yes, he gambles sometimes, but most of the time he is an absolute pest.  And when he does gamble, there is a pretty big chance that he is able to poke the ball away. How many times do you see Rondo steal balls from the passing lanes?  Is this just a coincidence, or is Rondo good at anticipating this? How many times do you see Rondo outrebound a much larger body?  Is this a coincidence? There is no surprise that NBA coaches continue to acknowledge Rondo as one of the better defenders in the league.  He absolutely deserves it!
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]

perfect response.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Celtics rule

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

and the gambles are actually built in to the defense to send people to the back line...that hasnt changed just because Perk isnt around anymore

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and KG 1st team All-NBA Defensive : He definitely deserves it.  Do remember that you don't get first team defense based on fan popularity.  NBA coaches make this determination, and let me assure you that NBA coaches tend to have the highest basketball IQs out there.  They see things that ordinary fans can't see. With that being said, why do you think Rondo consistently gets more steals than most NBA athletes?  Can you think of any other point guard who presses better than Rondo does?  Watch how opposing coaches have their players bring the ball up.  A lot of the opposing PGs have to focus really hard to keep Rondo from stealing the ball from them.  Next thing they know there are only 12 seconds left on the clock for them to execute their offense.  And they are in trouble already.  Rondo's effective press is a big reason why our defense is so damn good. How many times do you see Rondo poke the ball from the opposing player?  Yes, he gambles sometimes, but most of the time he is an absolute pest.  And when he does gamble, there is a pretty big chance that he is able to poke the ball away. How many times do you see Rondo steal balls from the passing lanes?  Is this just a coincidence, or is Rondo good at anticipating this? How many times do you see Rondo outrebound a much larger body?  Is this a coincidence? There is no surprise that NBA coaches continue to acknowledge Rondo as one of the better defenders in the league.  He absolutely deserves it!
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]