RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : well,last night the spurs died with Rondo hitting Js...
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

They'll be back. They know that if/when Rondo is hitting his wide open j's, the Celts are simply unstoppable. Nothing they can do except bet that Rondo's Jekyll/Hyde confidence, which suddenly appeared last night... will likely disappear.

Based on past performances, that's a good bet. 

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Waynestar, I  think  you're  on  the  mark  about  Rondo  "thinking"  too  much  about  his  shooting.  He  was  so  smooth  last  night  with  his  J.  However, when  he  got  to  the  foul  line, he  continued  to  struggle.  The  best  development  last  night  was  Rondo's  agressiveness, attacking  the  basket.  And  zero  turnovers !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Also loved the WALL play. Almost looked like a football play where they were blocking for the QB. Rondo had the passion last night, something we haven't seen in quite awhile. Important esp because Parker took his lunch money early on and Rondo still came back and played very well in the second half.

Like it or not, Rondo is the engine that drives our beloved Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said on the game thread, I believe he THINKS too much about his shot or he worries about what other people say about his shooting. If he would just relax and let it fly, his shot would improve. The jumpers he hit tonight, he wasn't just making them: he was SWISHING them. It's a mind thing with Rondo.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

YES! Swishes! More importantly, super confident pull up jumpers!
    My man!

Rajon Rondo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Remember how well he shot in the horse contest last year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It's only one game....the real measure of his shooting is when he can do it consistently over a period of time. But a good start last night for him and his shooting woes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tonight's game is not fair to judge the Celtics on with such a difficult turnaround. 

I am willing to predict that Rondo's success with his jump shot will continue.

I also predict the funk he was in is over as of now.

This kid will fiercely be contesting Derrick Rose for MVP in the playoffs.  Think triple doubles again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

"difference between pud and dudder"

disagree - both are Rondo hating trolls. Dud is a bit worse but they both prefer to hate Rondo than hope he improves. Even if Rondo plays well pud will make sure to bring up that he got kicked off the Olympic team, he's brought that up at least ten times before I put him on perma-ignore. Talking to him just encourages his hate as you have seen in this thread.

Pud/Dudder = same troll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't it be a laugh to see The Mamba in rondo's grill saying "shoot it boi, shoot it" and then watching the first few go clank...clank! Such a shame it will be KB24 and Rose going at it in the Finals.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

That'd be a real shame because the Celtics will spank the Lakers in 5 games. Will take the Bulls at least 6. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight's game is not fair to judge the Celtics on with such a difficult turnaround.  I am willing to predict that Rondo's success with his jump shot will continue. I also predict the funk he was in is over as of now. This kid will fiercely be contesting Derrick Rose for MVP in the playoffs.  Think triple doubles again.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What happened to the "intervention" you were calling for recently for Rondo?

Care to elaborate? Curious minds need to know.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, you are so wrong he will always get open jumpers because nobody wants him blowing by them as he surely will if they approach him.  I hope they try to cover him.  The offense will explode with all the open shots there will be. Pud be happy it is good for the home team.

They don't care if he blows by them or shoots from outside - he routinely kicks it out when 2 feet from the rim so that he does not have to risk going to the line and a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while - so last night the squirrel got a few nuts from more than 5 feet away from the basket....  was it specified at all last night that it was the first game back for 4 of the Spurs starters?  hmm.....

The consensus is why cover him until he can prove that he should be - so where you come up with this notion that they play off him so they don't go by them is just silly...... oh and as often as Rondo goes by someone, it is very easily reciprocated......Parker coming back from a calf injury did whatever he wanted to Rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Lets see what young Rondo does when he shoots so well that he actually draws a bit of defensive attention and someone puts a hand in his face. But that is something we will see somewhere down the line. Probably no time soon. In the meantime, the Spurs can live with Rondo hitting open jumpers. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Apparantely not seeing as they lost...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Apparantely not seeing as they lost...
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

The NBA is not going to change  5 years of successful defensive strategies based on Rondo's successes and failures  in one game... or in a series of games.

The book on Rondo has already been written, beginning long ago in college... and continues to this day.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : The NBA is not going to change  5 years of successful defensive strategies based on Rondo's successes and failures  in one game... or in a series of games. The book on Rondo has already been written, beginning long ago in college... and continues to this day. Pud

Teams won't stop trying to force lamar Odom left, or running Ray Allen off threes either.  they won't stop trying to get Lebron James or Dwaye Wade to settle for Jumpers. They won't stop trying to force Pau Gasoft off the block. Teams always will try to force a player to his weakness. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is more like Jason Kidd.  Outside shooting will become a staple of his game.  His shot looked mechanically very good last night.  It is actually better than Kidd's mechanically.  He may struggle at times but he will get better and better.

By the way Pud I used to think you hoped Rondo would improve his shooting. Now I believe you want him to continue to be a poor shooter because you often express your dislike for him and his attitude.  Believe me this prickly kid is exactly what this team is going to need in the playoffs.  He is out of his funk if you want the Celtics to do well you will be very happy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : The NBA is not going to change  5 years of successful defensive strategies based on Rondo's successes and failures  in one game... or in a series of games. The book on Rondo has already been written, beginning long ago in college... and continues to this day. Pud

someone suggested that the 3 point shot will become a staple of Rondo's game just like it eventually did for Kidd........ Rondo would have to play until he is 93 years old to become the 3rd leading 3 point shooter in history..... it would require one taking the shot in order to periodically making it........

I think what most are holding out for is this notion that Rondo is much better than anyone thinks he is and that he is cowtowing to his 3 hall of fame teammates to make sure they get their looks, etc.  In other words in order to make his teammates happy he is forgoing averaging 30 ppg, 18 assists, 8 steals, 13 rebounds, and zero turnovers and once his BIG 3 teammates are finally gone these stats will become self-evident and they will break ground on the Rondo wing in Springfield.

Once he only has Big Baby, Green, Krstic, Wafer, this year's draft stiff, next year's draft stiff, and a couple of other stiffs that the new CBA dictates that Rondo's true talents will be readily apparent and he will get 6 or 7 straight league MVP awards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder after last night you might waited.  We are blue skying with Rondo.  He will bury three pointers someday. And when he plays with energy his off nights shooting can be forgiven.  This is a process so don't go saying anything tonight.  It might take until the playoffs. Those open shots he gets then will look awfully good to him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im as big of a rondo fan as the next guy, but come on he was simply  on fire yesterday, that is the most jumpers hes ever hit in one game.

The thing I was happy with was the 14 assists and NO TURNOVERS. HE WAS DRIVING AND DISHING, That is the RONDO'S game. Rondo hitting jumpers is just gravy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I know this cant be a serious thread. Lmfao , this thread is dated what 3/31 lol , its april first everybody ... Rondo can shoot , we found out last night :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is more like Jason Kidd.  Outside shooting will become a staple of his game.  His shot looked mechanically very good last night.  It is actually better than Kidd's mechanically.  He may struggle at times but he will get better and better. By the way Pud I used to think you hoped Rondo would improve his shooting. Now I believe you want him to continue to be a poor shooter because you often express your dislike for him and his attitude.  Believe me this prickly kid is exactly what this team is going to need in the playoffs.  He is out of his funk if you want the Celtics to do well you will be very happy. 

Hoping his shot will improve  is one thing... but knowing is another.

I'm hoping he will change his attitude... but I know that this is unlikely. He is what he is.

What happened to your call for intervention for Rondo? Is that on the back burner until he falls into another deep funk again?

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Congratulations to the Celtic fans for their team winning a great victory over the San Antonio Spurs.  Also, why do some fans pick on Rondo for a few deficiencies when he has so many other impressive qualities?  I can't understand this.  I know he always has a lot of fans anyway.  Show me one point guard who is totally perfect!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud, 

It seems like there was an intervention on his behalf.  He is sure playing better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud,  It seems like there was an intervention on his behalf.  He is sure playing better.

Doc sat him for a game with a "hurt pinkie." Is that what you had in mind for intervention?

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

best thing about Rondo is his NO HESITATION to take the jumpers anymore. he doesnt give a CR AP anymore! he used to miss two shots, then stop shooting. now he keeps shooting, like your lovers westbrook and rose do. it leads to more points..how ironic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]best thing about Rondo is his NO HESITATION to take the jumpers anymore. he doesnt give a CR AP anymore! he used to miss two shots, then stop shooting. now he keeps shooting, like your lovers westbrook and rose do. it leads to more points..how ironic.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It is so nice to see him have that confidence in his shot!  That will only continue to grow!