Rondo cant be traded... he won't resign anywhere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rondo cant be traded... he won't resign anywhere

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard 5m

Toronto would love to make a deal for Rajon Rondo, but I'm told Rondo would not re-sign a long-term contract in Toronto after next season...

and i also saw a tweet about him not wanting to resign with the Kings.

probably for the better. more value on him in the offseason or work to an extension. whatever DA sees in his future with us

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Rondo cant be traded... he won't resign anywhere

He has another year on his deal right?  If so, the team he is traded to would have some time to work on him as far as an extension.  And they'd own his Bird rights wouldn't they?  Meaning they could pay him more than anyone else.  I think if Danny found the right deal he would do it, and the team he'd be going to has a chance to retain him because of his Bird rights.  There is some risk involved, but I can imagine if he got traded to a team with some talent he would think hard about re-signing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I don't think it is that he deosn't want to sign "anywhere" he doesn't want to sign with the Kings and the Raptors. Those are two of the worst franchises in the NBA. No one wants to sign there. Why would he?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Rajon has been injured most of the past few years. He's one injury away from a much smaller contract. Let's see if he can finish up this season without another injury. If does have another injury then I have a feeling his offers will be much less. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it is that he deosn't want to sign "anywhere" he doesn't want to sign with the Kings and the Raptors. Those are two of the worst franchises in the NBA. No one wants to sign there. Why would he?

[/QUOTE]

That is the key. Who wants to be locked up in a bad situation. They still have a year to improve their team. So it is a risk trade for him and try to improve around him and risking him or continue to build and try to win with guys on rookie and RFA contracts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I bet Rondo would go to the Knicks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right...I bet he would too. That is what I am saying, he just doesn't want to go to a horrible franchise.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

too bad knicks have nothing to offer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'll eat my hat if he goes or wants to. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'll eat my hat if he goes or wants to. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree - I think he wants to stay here....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Toronto would love to make a deal for Rajon Rondo, but I'm told Rondo would not re-sign a long-term contract in Toronto after next season...

probably for the better. more value on him in the offseason or work to an extension. whatever DA sees in his future with us

If the Cs extend Rondo they are beyond stupid.

If rumors are true that Wic is telling Danny to ask for far more than what Rondo is worth, then this team has bigger problems than those on the court. The last thing this team needs is a meddlesome owner who has lost the plot. 

If Rondo passes up a lucrative extension with any team, he's taking a bad risk. He's in his late 20s, an age where NBA PGs start to decline. Since Rondo has always been a poor perimeter shooter, his bread and butter skills (speed and quickness) will erode sooner rather than later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rondo is bound to take a pay cut being a moron like this.  he's not worth 13M.  he's arguably barely worth 10M.  sucka GM's going to pay big for a guy who's never had to do heavy lifting and while doing light lifting has shirked his own talent development and still shoots miserably free throws?  i'm not talking about his 7-10 miracle so far this year but the rest of the career

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rondo is bound to take a pay cut being a moron like this.  he's not worth 13M.  he's arguably barely worth 10M.  sucka GM's going to pay big for a guy who's never had to do heavy lifting and while doing light lifting has shirked his own talent development and still shoots miserably free throws?  i'm not talking about his 7-10 miracle so far this year but the rest of the career

[/QUOTE]
    Not surprising that you are the only realistic one here. 

15. This post has been removed.