Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have."

Rajon Rondo gives voice to that idea in this interview with Yahoo! Sports:

[Rondo] also believes the trade of Perkins, his closest friend on the team, affected the Celtics “more than it should have.”

“It wasn’t like the man passed away or something,” Rondo said. “I think we put too much emphasis on it. It’s a business. He got traded. He’s very happy where he’s at. We still talk and I’m always going to have his back. It shouldn’t have affected us the way it affected us.”
    http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/07/26/the-perkins-trade-saga-continues/?sct=nba_t12_a1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have."

You can thank Danny Ainge! Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have."

Poor brick, he misses his best buddy (boo hoo) and he couldn't get over it (boo hoo) and it affected his game (boo hoo).

Harden up brick! Get a life and while your at it, get a jump shot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Perkins leaving hurt Rondo more than:

Surprised

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have.":
    [QUOTE]Rajon Rondo gives voice to that idea in this interview with Yahoo! Sports : [Rondo] also believes the trade of Perkins, his closest friend on the team, affected the Celtics “more than it should have.” “It wasn’t like the man passed away or something,” Rondo said. “I think we put too much emphasis on it. It’s a business. He got traded. He’s very happy where he’s at. We still talk and I’m always going to have his back. It shouldn’t have affected us the way it affected us.” http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/07/26/the-perkins-trade-saga-continues/?sct=nba_t12_a1
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read the article, and felt RR was just making an excuse.  It MAY have been a mistake, maybe not.  We'll have to see what happens with Green.  And the important statement is that Perk is happy where he is.........I'm sure RR will be able to focus better now!  Not that it should have been a problem, anyway!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Poor brick, he must be the only player to ever lose a friend in a trade. Boo hoo!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The tough part is that we really do'nt know the true impact of the trade.
    But I guess the rest will play it self out in the near future...It certainly was a high risk trade for Danny, but at the same time, Its nice to know that he will pull a big trade when it presents itself. Green has tons of upside. I do like the blended youth on the team. That creativity will come in handy if we have any chance of landing DH..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have.":
    [QUOTE]Poor brick, he misses his best buddy (boo hoo) and he couldn't get over it (boo hoo) and it affected his game (boo hoo). Harden up brick! Get a life and while your at it, get a jump shot!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

The biggest reason Rondo was upset about the trade was that his shooting coach went to a young team with a chance to win multiple rings while he remains on a team that will all be retired soon and he will finally be exposed......  Perk - "no Rajon it is like this, dribble the ball 5 times, c ock your arm, release it and close your eyes and pray it catches iron, that is how I became one of the worst free throw shooters in the league"... Rondo - "oh I get it now, maybe I can be as bad as you"...  Perk - "no problem Rajon just follow my lead"...... Perk - "also Rajon whenever you have the chance to take a shot let Ray run a marathon to get open so that you can prop up your assists and not hurt your shooting percentage"... Rondo - "got it Perk".... see ya Perk we hardly missed you but rest assured, OKC will regret signing you soon enough........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have.":
    [QUOTE]The tough part is that we really do'nt know the true impact of the trade. But I guess the rest will play it self out in the near future...It certainly was a high risk trade for Danny, but at the same time, Its nice to know that he will pull a big trade when it presents itself. Green has tons of upside. I do like the blended youth on the team. That creativity will come in handy if we have any chance of landing DH..

That HAS to be the plan.  Now, not saying we will get him, but certainly we should be in the running.  On the bright but depressing side......IF the lockout cancels the season, then I REALLY like our chances because we could be in the running for DH, OR Nene, OR Chandler!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have." : That HAS to be the plan.  Now, not saying we will get him, but certainly we should be in the running.  On the bright but depressing side......IF the lockout cancels the season, then I REALLY like our chances because we could be in the running for DH, OR Nene, OR Chandler!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Muahahahahahaha candidate for dumbest post of the year. DH land in boston?? Muahahahahahahahaha!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/dwight-howard-on-playing-for-the-heat-never-532311.html

Let me know when you find any mention of DH going to loston lmao!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have." : That HAS to be the plan.  Now, not saying we will get him, but certainly we should be in the running.  On the bright but depressing side......IF the lockout cancels the season, then I REALLY like our chances because we could be in the running for DH, OR Nene, OR Chandler!!!

Now, I'm NOT saying we will get him..........but we have as good a chance as any team will salary cap space........for as ANY educated fan of the NBA knows - IF the lockout lasts all season ( as I posed), THEN DH will be  a UFA.  He will then have to sign with ORL OR any team that has cap space.........which eliminates the Heat, Bulls and lakers.......as, of course, ANY educated NBA fan knows!!  We will get a big-time FA, though.........with cap space, and Doc as coach, it is inevitable!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I agree, this lock out, helps the Celtics in many ways...DH already discounted the Heat, Slackers next???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, this lock out, helps the Celtics in many ways...DH already discounted the Heat, Slackers next???

I agree - lmao..... the lockout absolutely benefits teams whose best players are close to retirement and have no ability to sign players because a hard salary cap is coming.... it makes sense that a team with very very very overrated point guard and no other talent that will be in the league in a couple of years has a distinct advantage because of the lockout and of course..... those that shoot heroin and take special K are our most upstanding citizens as well........

Let's count to 3... ready 1, 2, 3... put the pipe down

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo claims the Perkins trade affected the team "more than it should have." : Now, I'm NOT saying we will get him..........but we have as good a chance as any team will salary cap space........for as ANY educated fan of the NBA knows - IF the lockout lasts all season ( as I posed), THEN DH will be  a UFA.  He will then have to sign with ORL OR any team that has cap space.........which eliminates the Heat, Bulls and lakers.......as, of course, ANY educated NBA fan knows!!  We will get a big-time FA, though.........with cap space, and Doc as coach, it is inevitable!!

Doc's a real winner. Could you tell me what the writing on the paperbags mean?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Why are you so sarcastic??? Why do you use the same lame line, every time you don't agree with someone's opinion...Why is every comment laced with Rondo hate??? Did he take your girl away or something...a shortened season helps a team with veterans just because of injuries.It increased the possibilty of getting DH..even to an old broker down team with a pass first point guard...with no talent.. Green, BB,Bradley,two rookies, and next years picks.???
    I guess you are right, all is lost...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Why are you so sarcastic??? Why do you use the same lame line, every time you don't agree with someone's opinion...Why is every comment laced with Rondo hate??? Did he take your girl away or something...a shortened season helps a team with veterans just because of injuries.It increased the possibilty of getting DH..even to an old broker down team with a pass first point guard...with no talent.. Green, BB,Bradley,two rookies, and next years picks.??? I guess you are right, all is lost...

A shortened season helps veteran laden teams, a cancelled season means there are no more veterans...... coffee is done... time to wake up.

Try to ignore that you ignore me being correct most of the time and listen to this once and for all..... DWIGHT HOWARD WANTS TO GO SOMEWHERE THERE IS A CHANCE TO WIN..... THERE IS NO CHANCE TO WIN IN BOSTON........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

ignore..no more lame conversations....gotta love it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Ive been saying this exact thing since the trade. RR has no room to talk , the guy look pathetic at times pouting on the bench. The idea that this team cant win bc wedont have Perk anymore is laughable at best. I love how this whole forum flipped out over this. Im all set paying a guy 11-12 mil per who was a 50% player on his best night. BTW how did he do in OKC? He made their team worse just by being on the floor. Their best line-up was with Nick Col. in and him riding the bench. Ok i understand hes a very good back to the basket defender. Take him off the block so he actually has to move his feet and he gets eatin alive. Combine that with the fact that hes a liability on the O end and im all set. Again this team can win and win big without Perk. If we had a healthy RR that Heat seres would have been a lot closer. Looking back its clear to anyone that watched , punch the heat in their mouth and dont back down. A healthy Celts , and if Chi had an actual PF playing and the Heat would have been done early last year. The C's are still in good shape here and even better if we miss 20-30 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fairly pathetic commentary by Rondo imo.

According to Rondo, both he and apparently others on the team set aside some of their energy on the basketball court to grieve over the Perkins departure.  Assuming this  is factual, it's a disgrace.

Are these little kids that had their favorite toy taken away by mommy?  I understand they felt as a closely knit unit. However, losing the least valuable piece of the starting 5 shouldnt have caved the team chemistry in. Usually chemistry is shaken when you add the wrong player to the mix.

Im not so sure what Rondo is saying is true but if it is, these guys let us down. Oh, and where was DOc, he great player coach during this meltdown?  At the time it seemed Doc was leading the parade of whinning & moaning over the loss of Perk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is talking about how the "team.... us.... we" reacted to Perk's trade.

Rondo should be talking about how "he... himself.... myself.... I" reacted to the Perk trade.

Leave the others out of this conversation, look into the mirror..... and speak ONLY for yourself.

It was YOU!

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-43881.html#535126

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Steve is the only objective poster they had!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Lakernation,

look at mr no means no when DALLAS SWEPT THEM........The team that no means no bryant keeps together did what acted like thugs.....

Celtics Win 17th NBA Title

" class="inline-block">AssociatedPress

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Celtics win the NBA Finals

" class="inline-block">Warhawkvj

Uploaded by on Jun 17, 2008

Recorded Live on ABC at 7:00 EST- Tuesday, June 17th, 2008.
    Celtics vs. Lakers
    NBA National Basketball Associate.
    NBA Finals, Game 6.

• likes, 22 dislikes