Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

No way the Lakers give up a first round draft pick with Gasol, even if the Celts throw in a big. RR is good, but there are plenty of risks involved in taking him on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shawn5891. Show Shawn5891's posts

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU GUYS SMOKING??? y would we want to give away Rondo for that soft ugly so of a b..., he sucks. I HATE HIM AND WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM IN A CELTICS UNIFORM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU GUYS SMOKING??? y would we want to give away Rondo for that soft ugly so of a b..., he sucks. I HATE HIM AND WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM IN A CELTICS UNIFORM.
    Posted by Shawn5891[/QUOTE]

We are smoking "lern 2 spel" cigars - given out at your local "chill your engines" convenience stores!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Instead of Rondo for Gasol how about getting Varejao if possible but not for Rondo.  He’s a feisty scrapper and, although not 7 ft. wins a lot of rebound battles.  Same type of aggressive player as  Joakim Noah of Bulls.  I love Ray Allen but I’d be willing to let him go for Varejao who would look terrific in Green with a short haircut !!! People have talked about letting Rondo go because he throws up bricks but he can drive to the basket as well as any other PG. Toss in JO too(so they can replace their height loss) with Allen & no draft choices, maybe one !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Do people here really think that Gasol, Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Bradley or Dooling sounds like a team that would contend for a championship?  My mind is boggled.

Is this some sort of a joke?  This trade would do nothing for both teams.  LA built around Rondo and Bynum and Bryant would be a first round and out playoff team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Why would a non-contending Cleveland trade a relatively young rebounder for an aging two-guard approaching free agency? The Cavaliers would have no reason to make that deal.

The Celtics-Lakers proposal makes sense for both sides and the fact that people are unsure of whether it's good or not tells me that it's probably a fair swap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Instead of Rondo for Gasol how about getting Varejao if possible but not for Rondo.  He’s a feisty scrapper and, although not 7 ft. wins a lot of rebound battles.  Same type of aggressive player as  Joakim Noah of Bulls.  I love Ray Allen but I’d be willing to let him go for Varejao who would look terrific in Green with a short haircut !!! People have talked about letting Rondo go because he throws up bricks but he can drive to the basket as well as any other PG. Toss in JO too(so they can replace their height loss) with Allen & no draft choices, maybe one !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Getting Varajeo would be my choice and without Rondo.  Cleveland sadly just does not want our old guys.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Varejao will just give you defense. Gasol will give you offense and defense.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Varajeo would score nicely for the Celtics.  In the way they rarely do, hustling and active on the offensive boards.

Gasol has a defensive presence but it is just not comparable to what Varajeo would bring.  I see Gasol's  attributes but he is creepy kind of guy.  He would have to renounce his hatred of the Celtics and act betrayed by the Lakers to even have a chance of relating to Celtic fans.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : 1. Celtics are not in rebuilding mode. 2. When Gasol's contract expires, so does Pierce's. 3. A PG that's a bad shooter outside of 15 feet and also a poor FT shooter is not a major building block. 4. The Big 3 makes Rondo look good, not the other way around. 5. Winning a championship now is more important than the next 5 years of uncertainty.

Fiercest34,
    Let me answer to your points.
    1. I said that Celtics will be in re-building mode. But the first steps for that have already been taken: picks in Perk and Erden trades.
    2. Expiration of the Gasol's current contract has nothing to do with his ability to play on a high level beyond the next 2 seasons.
    3. and 4. With all due respect I'd rather agree with opinions of Cousy and Magic than yours in re RR.
    5. Sure, it's the ultimate goal to win championship this year. But if the attempt to reach it comes at the price of "dark ages", a la '90, then thanks but no thanks.

AK

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Gasol and KG together would give the C's two of the most skilled big men in the league. Combine that with Pierce, and you have arguably the best front court in the NBA. The versatility they would have would be something to see.

The only problem I see with the combo is neither is really a banger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Gasol and KG together would give the C's two of the most skilled big men in the league. Combine that with Pierce, and you have arguably the best front court in the NBA. The versatility they would have would be something to see. The only problem I see with the combo is neither is really a banger.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Great post..totally agree..

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Gasol and KG together would give the C's two of the most skilled big men in the league. Combine that with Pierce, and you have arguably the best front court in the NBA. The versatility they would have would be something to see. The only problem I see with the combo is neither is really a banger.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is no need for a banger.  Situation recognition and positioning is more important.  Gasol and KG will make a fantastic tandem.

I am in support of this even though I am very fond of Rondo.  Rondo, Bass and Dooling for Gasol.  There may be a third team involved here as well as the salaries and roster limits need to be worked out.  I believe that Bass' role will get reduced with Gasol here and JJJ can be an adequate backup.

Here is the best part.  This trade opens up the possibility that the Celts will make a run at DWill next season.  Wow!!!  Drooling!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Why give up so many when a Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol trade works? We need to keep Bass because he gives us bench scoring and athleticism at the PF position.

Yes, I understand.  But Bass is more replaceable than JO.  JO will be a perfect backup at 5.  JJJ will grow to be an upgrade on Bass.  And the package fits the Lakers needs better.  They will value a backup/starting 4 better than a backup 5 for Bynum.

The Celts will need to find another ball handler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Why give up so many when a Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol trade works? We need to keep Bass because he gives us bench scoring and athleticism at the PF position.

Strongly agree to keep Bass. Toss in Pietrus if that will do the trade although he is 6'6" and not 6'8" as Bass & LA may want more height but isn't that why we would give them JO (HA!).

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Actually, there is no need for a banger.  Situation recognition and positioning is more important.  Gasol and KG will make a fantastic tandem. I am in support of this even though I am very fond of Rondo.  Rondo, Bass and Dooling for Gasol.  There may be a third team involved here as well as the salaries and roster limits need to be worked out.  I believe that Bass' role will get reduced with Gasol here and JJJ can be an adequate backup. Here is the best part.  This trade opens up the possibility that the Celts will make a run at DWill next season.  Wow!!!  Drooling!!!
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

To me, your post and Fierce's about JO bring up an interesting question. If you have Gasol, who provides more for the C's JO or Bass. I can go either way with that argument, but I tend to think JO would be more valuable because he is a true center. Gasol would replace Bass's scoring and then some. If you trade JO, the C's have no true center to go to if Gasol gets in foul trouble. I know KG can do it, but I dont think he provides the prescence the C's will need at the 5 in the playoffs.

Really, the C's dont have to give up Bass or JO to acquire Gasol. A package of Rondo, Wilcox, and Dooling gets it done (assuming all the Lakers really want in Rondo). Dooling is just a throw in my opinion. I dont think he helps the C's that much

25. This post has been removed.