Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

So much for hoops world's "credible" reporting. 

Lakers would never trade another big, they regret trading Odom as it is. Anyone could see that. Well, almost anyone. 

Rondo doesn't "have to go," that kind of thinking is absurd and promotes a fire sale mentality. 

Ainge is wisely looking at the entire roster as tradeable assets and he's looking ahead to how he can help the team in the long term, because they are not one piece away from a title. They are two pieces (minus Rondo), and it's highly unlikely two key pieces can be gained from one player.

I'm glad the message board regulars here aren't managing the team, we'd have Monta Ellis running to the basket with Leon Powe blocking him out and James Posey on the wing.

p.s. the Lakers do need a point guard but what they need is not Rondo, they don't even need a great point guard, as Kobe can handle much of the on the ball needs. They need a younger Derek Fisher who can nail some key threes and spread the floor and not turn the ball over much. Does that sound like Rondo to any of you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Jimmy Buss calls the shots now. He doesn't want Gasol's contract. I mean why else would the Lakers back out of the CP3 trade when Stern asked the Lakers to get more players in return.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Stern sure did a good job with the CP3 trade, remind me, how are those Hornets going?

Embarassed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Stern sure did a good job with the CP3 trade, remind me, how are those Hornets going?
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

You do understand that the Hornets do not have a owner and if they Laker trade went through, they get type B players and are capped out for the coming years, is that appealing to prospective owner? I think not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You do understand that the Hornets do not have a owner and if they Laker trade went through, they get type B players and are capped out for the coming years, is that appealing to prospective owner? I think not.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Hornets are 4-22, last in the west, Gordon won't sign an extension, Kaman is being shopped and the team is trash. The Hornets sound really appealing to any multi millionaire don't they? I think not.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE] Hi. I guess it's safe to say after tonight the pipe dream of Gasol for Rondo is officially dead.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]
    We can only hope. I'd rather keep Gasol and pay the cheaper price for Sessions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Celts get - Nash and Kaman Suns get - Rondo Hornets get - JO, Dooling, Bradley and a draft pick There, the 2 pieces you're asking for.

Rondo for Nash - who came up with that idea?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Sorry dudes I have to say it.  these threads are ridiculous.  IMO the only trades Ainge will make this year will be ones to get assets for the future.  Players with potential and draft picks.

Both Allen and KG are coming off the books this year.  This whole thing is going to get blown up.  No one cares whether or not it's Rondo or Gasol on the Celtics.  Because either way that does nothing to change what is on the horizon.

Allen gets traded because with his relatively low expiring contract he has value.  KG doesn't because with his huge expiring contract he has value for the Celtics to sign someone else.

Get ready to bow out in the first round this year and next year have a team that looks a lot different.  Rondo for Gasol makes no sense.  for either team

So maybe enough with talking about it?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry dudes I have to say it.  these threads are ridiculous.  IMO the only trades Ainge will make this year will be ones to get assets for the future.  Players with potential and draft picks. Both Allen and KG are coming off the books this year.  This whole thing is going to get blown up.  No one cares whether or not it's Rondo or Gasol on the Celtics.  Because either way that does nothing to change what is on the horizon. Allen gets traded because with his relatively low expiring contract he has value.  KG doesn't because with his huge expiring contract he has value for the Celtics to sign someone else. Get ready to bow out in the first round this year and next year have a team that looks a lot different.  Rondo for Gasol makes no sense.  for either team So maybe enough with talking about it?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I don't want Rondo for Gasol, I want Rondo for Nash and HIS 11 mill expiring contract!!  Throw in a #1 pick, and we can rebuild right away next year!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : I don't want Rondo for Gasol, I want Rondo for Nash and HIS 11 mill expiring contract!!  Throw in a #1 pick, and we can rebuild right away next year!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

So if Nash doesn't want to re-sign with Boston this summer, Boston would not have Nash, Rondo or Gasol.

Smart idea!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Don't worry, if Nash becomes a Celtic you'll get your 1.5 points. 

Then, of course, we would lose the 11 mill on his contract, or try to draft Rivers, Kidd-Gilchrist or Teague!!  A  win -win!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Kidd-Gilchrist will be a lottery pick.
    Boston won't be in the lottery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Don't worry, if Nash becomes a Celtic you'll get your 1.5 points. 

Free Agent PG's 2012 - Kidd (if they sign DWill - if not he returns to DAL)
    Miller
    Dragic
    Farmar - player option
    Jameer Nelson - player option

Any of those could fit the bill - pass the ball, and hit the open shot!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Celts get - Nash and Kaman Suns get - Rondo Hornets get - JO, Dooling, Bradley and a draft pick There, the 2 pieces you're asking for.

Are you joking about this trade?

Who will back up PG or Allen?

Who will back up Gasol?

Who will fill up the roster spot for next year if Celtics trade their draft pick or two?   

Ainge will have to find alot of awful players via free agency to fill up the roster for next season since Allen/Garnett/draft picks are gone after the season!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]The alternative is Nash and Kaman for Rondo, JO, and others. Celts get - Nash and Kaman Hornets get - JO, Dooling, Bradley, and Stiemsma Suns get - Rondo http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82ywlcw
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE

I like your suggestion above !!!

My first choice is to dupe LA into a trade of Rondo for Gasol & we'll toss in JO.

But, if not, I'd be willing to do a multiple team trade where we'd trade Rondo and get Nash....yup, I know he's old etc. and we have enough old players but we would need to get Kaman also, somehow. Then next year or the next we get a PG in the draft or go after Deron to replace Nash !!! But I think we would be very competitive in playoffs with Nash & Kaman !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Last night and some of the post game comments from Kobe were very interesting to me. The way he was constantly talking junk to Rondo throughout, and the fact that he seemed to be going out of his way to complement him in interviews makes me think he wants to play with Rondo sooner rather than later. Rondo's game is very similar to Jason Kidd, and it was Kobe that wanted to trade a young Bynum for Kidd when he was in his contract year. I could see Kobe pushing Laker managment to make the deal for Rondo now. In fact, if the deal does get done it will likely because it has Kobe's approval

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I am enjoying finally seeing the pro-Nash comments on this board.  It's a win-win, guys.  He helps us this year, BIG, then, we either re-sign him, or he leaves and we lose another 11 mill off the cap.  KG 21, JON 6, RA 10 and Nash 11 means 48 mill off the cap right there.  I think Wilcox and Dooling are also in the last years (?), but we will be able to re-stock and build through the draft!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Hornets are 4-22 , last in the west , Gordon won't sign an extension, Kaman is being shopped and the team is trash. The Hornets sound really appealing to any multi millionaire don't they? I think not.

You still dont get it do you. What ever happens with Gordon, NO will have alot of cap space this offseason, and can throw money at who they want, would this have been the case if the Laker trade went through, I THINK NOT!. Oh yeah, Kama n is not being shopped anymore at this time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You still dont get it do you. What ever happens with Gordon, NO will have alot of cap space this offseason, and can throw money at who they want, would this have been the case if the Laker trade went through, I THINK NOT!. Oh yeah, Kama n is not being shopped anymore at this time.

So in effect your daying that CP3 got traded for cap space because we know Gordon and Kaman don't wanna be in NO. Even if they stay, how hard are they really gonna play for a franchise that neither is truly committed to? And unless some fool with more money than brains wants to buy a franchise in disarray, the Hornets are bust. Nice work Stern.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : So in effect your daying that CP3 got traded for cap space because we know Gordon and Kaman don't wanna be in NO. Even if they stay, how hard are they really gonna play for a franchise that neither is truly committed to? And unless some fool with more money than brains wants to buy a franchise in disarray, the Hornets are bust. Nice work Stern.

Oh, is dat what he's daying??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : So in effect your daying that CP3 got traded for cap space because we know Gordon and Kaman don't wanna be in NO. Even if they stay, how hard are they really gonna play for a franchise that neither is truly committed to? And unless some fool with more money than brains wants to buy a franchise in disarray, the Hornets are bust. Nice work Stern.

Are you Gordon and Kaman's agent? Seems like you have inside information. LOL The season is not over yet, lets see what happens in the offseason. Remember the Hornets di get Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick, in addition to their pick. That could be potentially two picks in the top ten in a loaded draft. So from what you say no one is going to buy the franchise because its in disarray? Potentially two top picks and cap space, thats not a organization in disarray.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Are you Gordon and Kaman's agent? Seems like you have inside information. LOL The season is not over yet, lets see what happens in the offseason. Remember the Hornets di get Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick, in addition to their pick. That could be potentially two picks in the top ten in a loaded draft. So from what you say no one is going to buy the franchise because its in disarray? Potentially two top picks and cap space, thats not a organization in disarray.

I think e both know that there's always one fool ready to part with his money but I qualify my point about NO being in disarray by saying:

4-22
    draft picks....who picks? Demps or Stern? Would you trust either to get it right?
    Gordon & Kaman-neither wants to be there.

If you don't think that's a franchise in disarray, then I'm glad your not a GM of my team.