Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You've always accused me of being Fiercest34. We can settle this once and for all by you proving that I am who you say I am. Go ahead, try me.
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

Your words are proof in and of themselves  ... Exactly what Fierce would say ... "by you proving that I am who you say I am."   VOILA!!!  Nuff said ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Your words are proof in and of themselves  ... Exactly what Fierce would say ... "by you proving that I am who you say I am."   VOILA!!!  Nuff said ...
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

It took you 2 hours to come up with that lame idea? lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You trying to tell me that getting one or two expiring contracts ($11.5-20M), one or two tradeable or useful players (Odom &/or Marion $17M) as well as dumping Turk ($11M) isn't a better deal than losing DH to free agency? Other than NJ (Brooks, Lopez, Humphries, Okur and more) who else can make a better offer? 

10 years ago Orlando would have loved to have Kidd, Odom and Marion.
    Not in 2012.
    Orlando should get quality players and draft picks for Howard.
    That trade proposal is the worst that I have heard for Dwight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Guess not ... suppose he's just PO'd that the Lakers aren't really in it unless they trade both Bynum and Gasol for Turk & DH.

The Lakers should kick the tires for Dwight but he is not their #1 priority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Stephen A. Smith said TONIGHT on his radio show that if HE (Stephen A) were the lakers, he would ask for BOTH Rondo and Ray Allen. That is irresponsible - I almost went off the road. That is more idiotic than some of the trolls we get on here!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Russ when I hear that I become more sure this trade is not going to happen.  Gasol is just not that valuable. Rondo although I don't think we can win it all with him is a far more of a valuable asset.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/rajon-rondo-provides-more-value-for-celtics-than-pau-gasol-ever-could.html

Decent summary, and I agree with it almost 100%, save for the hyper-optimistic vision of Rondo's total future.

This trade would be horrible.  We will not win a thing, and we will almost guarantee another 'lost decade' of Celtics basketball.  You don't swap a rising star for a setting sun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Those who threaten and make a big production out of using the IGNORE button never do. They're bluffing. They're WAY to busy-body to be out of the loop. Those who actually use the IGNORE button... do so quietly without all the drama. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. And there are quite a few that broadcast their "use" of said button.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Russ when I hear that I become more sure this trade is not going to happen.  Gasol is just not that valuable. Rondo although I don't think we can win it all with him is a far more of a valuable asset.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Never trust the lakers - they will try to rob you blind.  It should be Rondo and JON for Gasol and a #1 or no deal!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Its funny. Some fans have such respect for the Lakers front office and the moves they make that they have a blind fear of making any deals with the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Its funny. Some fans have such respect for the Lakers front office and the moves they make that they have a blind fear of making any deals with the team.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    Other than the Grizzlies letting you steal Gasol with West's help. What great trades or acquisitions are you referring to?   Blake, McRoberts, Barnes, Kapono, other than free agency and West's draft of Kobe what has Kupchak done?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I'm not specifying Kupchak in particular, but the Lakers front office that has more than proven itself for over 30 years. But the Gasol trade in particular (as well as the CP3 trade that basically went through if it weren't for the shady Stern business) seems to have put quite the fear into teams.

And exactly what role did West play with the Gasol trade? He left the Grizzlies GM spot in 07.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not specifying Kupchak in particular, but the Lakers front office that has more than proven itself for over 30 years. But the Gasol trade in particular (as well as the CP3 trade that basically went through if it weren't for the shady Stern business) seems to have put quite the fear into teams. And exactly what role did West play with the Gasol trade? He left the Grizzlies GM spot in 07.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Still.... you've got to be thrilled to have CP3 out in LA though.

Aren't ya?

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Other than the Grizzlies letting you steal Gasol with West's help. What great trades or acquisitions are you referring to?   Blake, McRoberts, Barnes, Kapono, other than free agency and West's draft of Kobe what has Kupchak done?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Very shady deal.  Aaron McKie was retired and coaching the 76'ers at the time of the trade!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here. We're seriously having a conversation about Rondo for Gasol's corpse? The guy is too lazy to wash his own hair more than once a week. He has clearly lost a step. And no matter what happened in the 09 Finals, his soft reputation around the league is well deserved. And you people would actually entertain the thought of trading for him? And giving up 25 year old All Star PG?

I expect this from Danny Ainge. That guy is so dumb I feel like anything is on the table with him. There is literally nothing he could do that would shock me anymore.

But with people that aren't mentally handicapped, I expect more. I know there is a lot of Rondo hate in Celtics Nation. But this is ridiculous.

What's the next thread going to be? Ben Wallace for Rondo? This is insanity!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Still.... you've got to be thrilled to have CP3 out in LA though. Aren't ya? Pud

Don't know how you can think that RIGHT after the lockout  you can make a deal where you give up 2 30-somethings, get back the best player in the deal AND save 20 million in salary.  Rightfully vetoed!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

The celtics right now need to get younger, so by trading our youngest star, for another aging power forward seems redundant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I think this is very thought provoking thread as far as sports talk goes. Its not just the posters here that are split on this idea. The sports talk guys on CSNE were having the exact same debate that is being had here. On the UNO sports show, one guy (Gary Tanguay I think) thought that its a terrible idea to trade Rondo for Gasol because Rondo is the future of the franchise. Another guy believes trading Rondo is a no brainer because of Rondo's deficiencies. Plus he argued how often do you have the opportunity to get someone of Gasol's talents. The other reporter was all for the trade becuase he believes Rondo is overvalued and not a cornerstone for the future, but he is concerned with the fact the trade does not bring back a PG to the C's. He was for the trade if there was another move to bring back a decent PG in the plans. I tend to side with the last reporters opinion, but I thought it was interesting that basically everyone posting here falls into one of the 3 camps.

All this debate just justifies the fact that this probably an excellent trade for both teams. It may not ever happen, but I bet Danny and Kupchak have been discussing it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

David Stern's Hornets are the 2nd worst team in the NBA.
    They are 5th to last in attendance.
    Kaman will leave after the season is over.
    Gordon is always hurt and has played 2 games this season.
    Aminu stinks and hardly plays.
    Their 1st round pick from Minnesota might not even be a lottery pick.
    It would be the 13th pick if the season ended today.

Great trade for Chris Paul Commissioner Stern...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here. We're seriously having a conversation about Rondo for Gasol's corpse? The guy is too lazy to wash his own hair more than once a week. He has clearly lost a step. And no matter what happened in the 09 Finals, his soft reputation around the league is well deserved. And you people would actually entertain the thought of trading for him? And giving up 25 year old All Star PG? I expect this from Danny Ainge. That guy is so dumb I feel like anything is on the table with him. There is literally nothing he could do that would shock me anymore. But with people that aren't mentally handicapped, I expect more. I know there is a lot of Rondo hate in Celtics Nation. But this is ridiculous. What's the next thread going to be? Ben Wallace for Rondo? This is insanity!
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]
    i'm right w/ you excepting the part about danny being a dumb bell. a gambler and a gun slinger who can misfire from time to time - granted - but he's got the Cs in pretty decent manuevering position moving forward. you want an idiot celtic GM, check chris wallace's resume.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Still.... you've got to be thrilled to have CP3 out in LA though. Aren't ya? Pud
    I don't know. They're still the San Diego Clips as far as I'm concerned. I want no part of that bandwagon, although that is one h of a team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is very thought provoking thread as far as sports talk goes. Its not just the posters here that are split on this idea. The sports talk guys on CSNE were having the exact same debate that is being had here. On the UNO sports show, one guy (Gary Tanguay I think) thought that its a terrible idea to trade Rondo for Gasol because Rondo is the future of the franchise. Another guy believes trading Rondo is a no brainer because of Rondo's deficiencies. Plus he argued how often do you have the opportunity to get someone of Gasol's talents. The other reporter was all for the trade becuase he believes Rondo is overvalued and not a cornerstone for the future, but he is concerned with the fact the trade does not bring back a PG to the C's. He was for the trade if there was another move to bring back a decent PG in the plans. I tend to side with the last reporters opinion, but I thought it was interesting that basically everyone posting here falls into one of the 3 camps. All this debate just justifies the fact that this probably an excellent trade for both teams. It may not ever happen, but I bet Danny and Kupchak have been discussing it
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

While the trade may benefit both teams, it won't happen because of the history between the two.  I think the last time the Sox and Yankees made a trade was Sparky Lyle for Danny Cater, and we all know who got the better of that one!!

Can't see us making a trade with the lakers under any circumstances!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : While the trade may benefit both teams, it won't happen because of the history between the two.  I think the last time the Sox and Yankees made a trade was Sparky Lyle for Danny Cater, and we all know who got the better of that one!! Can't see us making a trade with the lakers under any circumstances!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

For DA, the ultimate rush would be to fleece the Lakers in a huge trade... and vice versa I'm sure.

That's the nature of a bitter rivalry, between the lines with players hating each others guts and behind the scenes too with management keeping their knives razor sharp, wanting to cut the other if the opportunity arises.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : For DA, the ultimate rush would be to fleece the Lakers in a huge trade... and vice versa I'm sure. That's the nature of a bitter rivalry, between the lines with players hating each others guts and behind the scenes too with management keeping their knives razor sharp, wanting to cut the other if the opportunity arises. Pud

That's what I'm worried about - no one has really yet "fleeced" the lakers in  a trade.............and if anyone thinks they can,  they are not paying attention!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You've always accused me of being Fiercest34. We can settle this once and for all by you proving that I am who you say I am. Go ahead, try me.
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

How will you be tried?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

Moore and Bradley are too inexperienced and that would definitely show at play-off time. We wouldn't get past the first round. Second don't trade youth and the future for a limited now. Third, concern; Rondo goes to Lakers, they acquire Howard, now with Rondo everyone has a problem expecially us.