Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...

He is still perfect for us. He is still getting better, while CP3 and Deron Williams are not.

Even D Rose cannot lead team offense and defense as well.

Let's try not to ruin the good thing we've got more than we already have Danny!
    (A young all-star pg that actually WANTS to be here)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...

I'd trade him straight up for any of the 3 you just mentioned...wouldnt have to think twice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'd trade him for CP3 any day, but not Rose nor DWill because they cannot set up our other Big 3 with passing.  If you have a weaker team, Rose and DWill are massively better, but with shooters like Ray, Paul, and KG on your team, Rondo is a better fit.

CP3 is the only one who can shoot, pass, is not selfish, makes the steals, and rebounds (although he doesn't rebound as well as Rondo).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Chris Paul is 4.6 vs Rondo 4.4 career rebounds per game and 6.7 vs 5.5 post season RPG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Rondo is well behind CP3, DWill and D Rose. Rondo is a poor man's pg, can't shoot a lick and sulks with the best. All star in the sulking conference I'd trade him in a heart beat!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is well behind CP3, DWill and D Rose. Rondo is a poor man's pg, can't shoot a lick and sulks with the best. All star in the sulking conference I'd trade him in a heart beat!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he'd be great on the lakers - certainly an upgrade over Derek Fisher!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Yeah, he'd be great on the lakers - certainly an upgrade over Derek Fisher!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Fisher in his prime is an easy up-grade over Rondo. Last time I looked he had 5 rings. And who can ever forget the pain of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaxusuEIcI (skip to min 1:55)

Fisher has hit big shot after big shot in his career. Sadly, Rondo can't hit a barn door from 3 feet but at least I keep hearing he's working on his jumper!

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Fisher in his prime is an easy up-grade over Rondo. Last time I looked he had 5 rings. And who can ever forget the pain of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaxusuEIcI (skip to min 1:55) Fisher has hit big shot after big shot in his career. Sadly, Rondo can't hit a barn door from 3 feet but at least I keep hearing he's working on his jumper!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

You know a lot about the lakers for a lifelong Celtics fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : You know a lot about the lakers for a lifelong Celtics fan!

Hard not to when they win 5 championships in the last 11 years. I don't bury me head in the sand, I just ponder the decision making of the celtic organization since Bird and co left. Ugh!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Hard not to when they win 5 championships in the last 11 years. I don't bury me head in the sand, I just ponder the decision making of the celtic organization since Bird and co left. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Obviously a fan of the Patriots, then!  Since they are just like the lakers in the last 10 years

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Obviously a fan of the Patriots, then!  Since they are just like the lakers in the last 10 years

Last time I looked the Pats had won 3 Super Bowls which would make them like the Spurs. Stick with me kid, I'll wise you up!

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:

[QUOTE]He is still perfect for us. He is still getting better, while CP3 and Deron Williams are not. Even D Rose cannot lead team offense and defense as well. Let's try not to ruin the good thing we've got more than we already have Danny! (A young all-star pg that actually WANTS to be here)

Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

-

Hats off to you, Coach, for trying to talk some common sense into these kids heads.

Yeah, the grass is always greener, but you better watch out what you wish for cause you just might get it, and it might not be what you thought it would be.

It ain't broke so don't fix it, and you don't miss your water till the well runs dry.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Ya know, the road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

End of story.

Nuff said.

-

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is well behind CP3, DWill and D Rose. Rondo is a poor man's pg, can't shoot a lick and sulks with the best. All star in the sulking conference I'd trade him in a heart beat!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Agree.

Rondo does bring some intangibles other PGs do not, both good and bad. As good as Rondo can be at times, hes not consistent and is such a liability with his jumper & FT shooting that we're forced into a jump shooting team.

CP3 is light years ahead of ROndo and DRose /DWilliams  much better all around game. Add in the Rondo's tempermental issues and its a no brainer.

I also dont see our Big 3 suffering much from replacing Rondo with either of those other 3. It means one less defender sagging off Rondo to double team someone else. Can you imagine how many more open shots  we get with the ball in DRose's hands? He's sure to get double teamed whereas Rondo sometimes isnt even guarded at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : - Hats off to you, Coach, for trying to talk some common sense into these kids heads. Yeah, the grass is always greener, but you better watch out what you wish for cause you just might get it, and it might not be what you thought it would be. It ain't broke so don't fix it, and you don't miss your water till the well runs dry.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Ya know, the road to ruin is paved with good intentions. End of story. Nuff said. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Good points, sir.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : - Hats off to you, Coach, for trying to talk some common sense into these kids heads. Yeah, the grass is always greener, but you better watch out what you wish for cause you just might get it, and it might not be what you thought it would be. It ain't broke so don't fix it, and you don't miss your water till the well runs dry.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Ya know, the road to ruin is paved with good intentions. End of story. Nuff said. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I think you covered all the cliches possible. Any original thought?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Agree. Rondo does bring some intangibles other PGs do not, both good and bad. As good as Rondo can be at times, hes not consistent and is such a liability with his jumper & FT shooting that we're forced into a jump shooting team. CP3 is light years ahead of ROndo and DRose /DWilliams  much better all around game. Add in the Rondo's tempermental issues and its a no brainer. I also dont see our Big 3 suffering much from replacing Rondo with either of those other 3. It means one less defender sagging off Rondo to double team someone else. Can you imagine how many more open shots  we get with the ball in DRose's hands? He's sure to get double teamed whereas Rondo sometimes isnt even guarded at all.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Rose is a wonderful kid and I love his humitly (although not his passing).   DWill, on the other hand, has as much attitude as Rondo....just a different attitude.   That's why he and Sloan did not get along.   So, I love a lot about DWill, but you can't say Rondo's temperment is a problem when comparing him to Williams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : Rose is a wonderful kid and I love his humitly (although not his passing).   DWill, on the other hand, has as much attitude as Rondo....just a different attitude.   That's why he and Sloan did not get along.   So, I love a lot about DWill, but you can't say Rondo's temperment is a problem when comparing him to Williams.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I think I can say Rondo's temperment is a problem when comparing him to William s in that Rondo's issues spill onto the floor and is reflected in how he plays.

WHen DWill was having his problems with Sloan (who I always loved as a player and coach) I cant recall if he just stops playing like Rondo does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:
    [QUOTE]He is still perfect for us. He is still getting better, while CP3 and Deron Williams are not. Even D Rose cannot lead team offense and defense as well. Let's try not to ruin the good thing we've got more than we already have Danny! (A young all-star pg that actually WANTS to be here)

Yeah he is perfect for us, I wish we had more players that couldn't finish, could not get the ball wet standing waist deep in the ocean, automatically creates a double team against his own team's best players - we need more players that nobody guards, cannot be on the floor in crunch time because he cannot hit a free throw to save his life and so on.  Perfect.

Dantoni said it best - I would like to see how he plays in Minnesota, i.e. without being surrounded by stars.  If he was Williams, Rose, or Paul they would have won the title the year KG was hurt for the playoffs and they would have won the title the year Perk got hurt in game 6 as well and they likely could have gotten by Miami last year.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I'd trade him for CP3 any day, but not Rose nor DWill because they cannot set up our other Big 3 with passing.  If you have a weaker team, Rose and DWill are massively better, but with shooters like Ray, Paul, and KG on your team, Rondo is a better fit. CP3 is the only one who can shoot, pass, is not selfish, makes the steals, and rebounds (although he doesn't rebound as well as Rondo).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy, I know it is only a silly little thing like a statistic but if Chris Paul averages more rebounds over his career how he is then not as good a rebounder as Rondo?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

If there 10 facets of someone's game and that person enters the league with proficiency in 3 of the ten, there is plenty of room for improvement.  If three other players enter the league proficient in 7 of the 10 facets and outstanding in 5 of the 10, there is less room for improvement.  So Rondo should still be getting better.  Just about every national debate as to who is the best all around point guard there are usually two names, Paul and Williams, oh and Rose - he got some sort of trophy last year - MVP or something like that, I forget.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Posted by null[/QUOTE]

As soon as you get personal null, you lose.  Rondo is actually a pure point guard, a rare commodity in the shoot first league.   

Just wait until D Rose fails to win a title in the next 2 years, the criticism of his selfishness will be the primary thing people focus on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

You think we wouldn't have won a title (or more) if Rose had played for the celts rather than Rondo since the big 3 are here?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... :   Last time I looked the Pats had won 3 Super Bowls which would make them like the Spurs. Stick with me kid, I'll wise you up!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Gee thanks, but I think I'll pass - you don't even know basketball!!

In the NFL, it is much tougher to win 3 times in 10 years - a clear sign of domination.....I love lakers fans, they can't even take a complement!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : As soon as you get personal null, you lose.  Rondo is actually a pure point guard, a rare commodity in the shoot first league.     Just wait until D Rose fails to win a title in the next 2 years, the criticism of his selfishness will be the primary thing people focus on.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

null  = RICO.......so just beware!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]You think we wouldn't have won a title (or more) if Rose had played for the celts rather than Rondo since the big 3 are here?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

No I do not.  You win basketball by complimenting skills.  Rondo has been the ideal PG for the Big 3.