Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!

I have never been a Rondo hater, but I have criticized him in the past, and have even suggested they play Nate over Rondo towards the end of the game, but now..., I have change my mind, Rondo should always be in there at the start, and the end of games.

I admit, his absense, has shed new light to me, and now I realize how great of a floor general that he is.

All hail ROndo!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Rondo played perfect tonight,and he passed up alot of open shots to get Ray and Big Baby and others going. They shot 61 percent,because he gets everyone involved and easier shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

YESSSS.. but more than ever i think he has a shooting issue... thus, like tonight at the end, would still have preferred a delonte in there to close it out. rondo runs away from the ball for he can tshoot free throws. that turnover by nate was a great example, same with pierce one.. i want delonte coming for the ball in those situations and going confidently to the line as a 80 percent foul shooter. rondo cant do that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!:
    [QUOTE]YESSSS.. but more than ever i think he has a shooting issue... thus, like tonight at the end, would still have preferred a delonte in there to close it out. rondo runs away from the ball for he can tshoot free throws. that turnover by nate was a great example, same with pierce one.. i want delonte coming for the ball in those situations and going confidently to the line as a 80 percent foul shooter. rondo cant do that!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

i think they just keep him in because hes quick and elusive..besides hes a pretty clutch performer..ive only seen him miss really critical free throws at the end of a game one time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

glad he is back running stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]YESSSS.. but more than ever i think he has a shooting issue... thus, like tonight at the end, would still have preferred a delonte in there to close it out. rondo runs away from the ball for he can tshoot free throws. that turnover by nate was a great example, same with pierce one.. i want delonte coming for the ball in those situations and going confidently to the line as a 80 percent foul shooter. rondo cant do that!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]I agree with you that there's a lot of room for improvement as far as Rondo's shooting is concerned. However, I doubt that Doc will play Delonte over Rondo in crucial situations. While Delonte shoots better, he does not handle the ball and engineer plays as well as Rondo. When Rondo returned from injury, the overall offense of the Celtics improved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I have never been a Rondo hater, but I have criticized him in the past, and have even suggested they play Nate over Rondo towards the end of the game, but now..., I have change my mind, Rondo should always be in there at the start, and the end of games. I admit, his absense, has shed new light to me, and now I realize how great of a floor general that he is. All hail ROndo!!!
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Rondo totally blasted Parker tonight 22 assists to 5.  Not counting the triple double.  Does this mean Parker isn't any good?  No. But  we were posting that crap about BBD when Love dominated him in rebounds. go figure.
    There is not a pt guard in the league that could run the Celtic offense like Rondo. Hands down the best distributor in the game.  Williams, Nash, Paul, Rose, none of them would make this team click like Rondo.  They are all too busy looking for their own shots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Rondo totally blasted Parker tonight 22 assists to 5.  Not counting the triple double.  Does this mean Parker isn't any good?  No. But  we were posting that crap about BBD when Love dominated him in rebounds. go figure. There is not a pt guard in the league that could run the Celtic offense like Rondo. Hands down the best distributor in the game.  Williams, Nash, Paul, Rose, none of them would make this team click like Rondo.  They are all too busy looking for their own shots.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Case closed and the Rondo-haters are found guilty of treason.  But yet koolaid still can't admit his observation on Rondo is wrongor unwarranted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Agreed... Delonte at the end.

Rondo's FT shooting issues led to two critical turnovers  in the last minute of the game that nearly ruined RR's otherwise wonderous performance.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Everytime someone has either a great or bad game, the posting starts off with TOLDYASO!!

Im not sure any Celtic fan hates Rondo, as this thread is titled. OFfering obvious criticism (shooting & FTs) is not hating. Im sure Doc discusses the same with Rondo too.

Regarding the end of game scenerio... Im still in the camp of considering Nate or West in those spots. Take last nights game. We're trying to take time off the clock in final seconds...the Spurs looking for a steal or to foul.  With Rondo in the game... thats one less person the Spurs need to cover cause nobody on Boston wants Rondo catching a pass because of his FT shooting. 

Last night it was mentioned since Nov 17, Rondo is 2-11 from the line! Until he shows tremendous improvement in that area, I cant see anyone having a problem with people suggesting Rondo sit in those spots.

Its the reason Shaq comes out and other players all around the league that cant shoot FT's come out of the game. Rondo perhaps being one of the worse FT shooters in the league.. if not the worse.

Is this hating on Rondo? Of course not. The dude is a monster for us but that doesnt mean you should ignore his obvious short comings either. At least it can be discussed without being labeled a Rondo hater

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Why would any Celtic fan hate Rondo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

more or at least the same as anyone else, i loves to watch rondo cause havoc for other teams and nice fluid offense for us.

but you guys, 90% or thereabouts of you, have forgotten about the laker series last year and every year in the playoffs once rondo's shooting from the line falls into a hole- what happens to us?

the sag defense.  the deeper we go into the playoffs, the less running game there is.  so it slows down.  and so does rondo's production because he won't then drive into traffic and get hacked and can't shoot the J adequately to keep his man out of the paint; all in all we play 4 on 5 in the half court set and no team can overcome that.

he looked masterful last night.  and he was.  but fast forward to the playoffs.  he has NEVER shot was horrible as 41% from the line.  sure, he'll come up 10-15 points at the end of the year when he suddenly (why suddenly) shoots more FT's than before and can be seen taking jumpers with more frequency in games. 

but 56-58% free throws and "hot" from the stripe and his jumper heading into the playoffs.... i see trouble ahead.  the dude has boogeymen in his head worse than any player i've ever seen with the jumper and freebie.  it all comes apart each year in the playoffs, go look at the box scores and stats.  the problem with this year is that he's never been anywhere near as bad as 41% from the line at this point!!!! 

i wish it didn't come apart for the guy.  he's mvp quality player with it all "together", but yes, he does need to have it all together for this team to go deep.  once he lost confidence in the laker series, we were finished.  no more easy anything because kobe was in the lane all night hassling passes, cuts and attempted post ups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]more or at least the same as anyone else, i loves to watch rondo cause havoc for other teams and nice fluid offense for us. but you guys, 90% or thereabouts of you, have forgotten about the laker series last year and every year in the playoffs once rondo's shooting from the line falls into a hole- what happens to us? the sag defense.  the deeper we go into the playoffs, the less running game there is.  so it slows down.  and so does rondo's production because he won't then drive into traffic and get hacked and can't shoot the J adequately to keep his man out of the paint; all in all we play 4 on 5 in the half court set and no team can overcome that. he looked masterful last night.  and he was.  but fast forward to the playoffs.  he has NEVER shot was horrible as 41% from the line.  sure, he'll come up 10-15 points at the end of the year when he suddenly (why suddenly) shoots more FT's than before and can be seen taking jumpers with more frequency in games.  but 56-58% free throws and "hot" from the stripe and his jumper heading into the playoffs.... i see trouble ahead.  the dude has boogeymen in his head worse than any player i've ever seen with the jumper and freebie.  it all comes apart each year in the playoffs, go look at the box scores and stats.  the problem with this year is that he's never been anywhere near as bad as 41% from the line at this point!!!!  i wish it didn't come apart for the guy.  he's mvp quality player with it all "together", but yes, he does need to have it all together for this team to go deep.  once he lost confidence in the laker series, we were finished.  no more easy anything because kobe was in the lane all night hassling passes, cuts and attempted post ups.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Nailed it. Good post!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Nate had a 16 /10 game this year !!!!" You do realize Nate is not a point guard right and that the offense stagnated horribly when Rondo was out and zipped to life when he came back. Even Pud, his take on Rondo is more accurate than yours because it is based on crucial late game free throw situations. You need to wake up. Nate is NOT a point guard. Everyone has figured this out but you. Ignore. 

""tonight at the end, would still have preferred a delonte in there to close it out"

Even if Delonte is healthy, he will NOT be in the game in late game situations, so just let go of that idea. 

This team is going to ride Rondo as far as he can take them. Acie is right that Rondo's tentative play in the Finals was one factor for us losing (though not the only one by any means), but he also got us to the Finals and was in the running for MVP before it fell apart for him. 

This year, we're going to find out if he can take it further. I think he can, I think he has the clutch gene. But we'll find out. 

p.s. let us know when Nate Robinson comes close to a quadruple double which Rondo almost had last night, while putting himself on some more short lists for highest assist totals all time in a triple double. Meh my a** 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Case closed and the Rondo-haters are found guilty of treason.  But yet koolaid still can't admit his observation on Rondo is wrongor unwarranted.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Hang em!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

For me Rondo shows not only the physical skills needed to lead the C's, he also has the mental approach and focus to take us far into the playoffs. He's not perfect and certainly needs better FT's, BUT overall it's like he's playing a different game from the other players/teams. His vision and anticipation are just two features of that differerent game. 22 assists in a game against the Spurs is amazing; yet he wasn't giddy, frivilous, or over-the-top in any way during the post-game interview. Count that as sign of his tenacity and a maturity way beyond his years! We'll see how that translates against the Magic and Heat in the playoffs.

He clearly is the difference-maker for the C's and needs to be out there at the end of close games. Delonte may be in at the end of some of those games. Depends on how he's playing on a given night.  Rondo, Ray, CPP, and KG are players the C's need at the end of almost all tight games! Maybe Davis.

Doc has called him the equivalent of a coach on the court. I agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Agreed... Delonte at the end. Rondo's FT shooting issues led to two critical turnovers  in the last minute of the game that nearly ruined RR's otherwise wonderous performance. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

You guys are idiots. And would they have stolen the ball like Rondo did at the end of the game?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo haters is an appropriate title for those who in the face of Rondo evident off the chart talents keep nagging about the shortcomings of his geam.  I think Rondo will surprise the naysayers on this BB to the upside in his perimeter shooting the next few weeks.  His foul shooting is a whole other dynamic, it will improve over time.   He is a spectacular player, not since Bird have I seen a player with unique talents dictate games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : You guys are idiots. And would they have stolen the ball like Rondo did at the end of the game?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

We may be idiots.. but we actually watch the game instead of just reading the post-game stat sheets as you apparently do.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You are definitely not idiots.  But if you are a Celtic fan you need to give Rondo his due.  If you watched that game you didn't have to check stats to see he was the most dominant player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I don't think there's anybody on this board who wouldn't agree that rondo had a great game indeed. However, looking at the big picture (playoffs) there are obvious things that can, and should be, improved in his game.
    It has nothing to do with hating, its called criticism. Just because the kid's a great player doesn't mean there are no areas in his game that need work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think there's anybody on this board who wouldn't agree that rondo had a great game indeed. However, looking at the big picture (playoffs) there are obvious things that can, and should be, improved in his game. It has nothing to do with hating, its called criticism. Just because the kid's a great player doesn't mean there are no areas in his game that need work.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Why can't we appreciate his game for what he does without always pointing out what he needs work on. 
    Enjoy the ride, the kid can play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think there's anybody on this board who wouldn't agree that rondo had a great game indeed. However, looking at the big picture (playoffs) there are obvious things that can, and should be, improved in his game. It has nothing to do with hating, its called criticism. Just because the kid's a great player doesn't mean there are no areas in his game that need work.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure that there are things that every player in the nba needs to work on. noones great at EVERYTHING. the problem with you guys is there is ONE area rondo needs to work at, his ft shooting, and your trying to put an unproven late-game player on the court for bigtime FT over a player that makes them when it counts. you can say he needs to work on 3's, but he really doesnt. its a luxury if you can shoot them. his midrange shot is good and improving. Doc said this about rondo yesterday:

"We wanted him to take shots; that's the next step for him," Rivers said after Monday's game. "He can make those shots. That's what's so frustrating to our guys: [Rondo] passed up at least six of them today, maybe seven. Rondo can make those shots. We just have to get him to take them after a miss. Because the way [the Timberwolves] guarded him tonight is the way they're going to guard him in the playoffs.

"I see him every day in practice make that shot. Two years ago, I didn't say that. He's an elbow shooter. He can make them all day. He will make them all day. We've just got to make him keep shooting."

last nights late game misshap had NOTHING to do with rondo being unable to shoot ft..thats just a stupid idea bc robinson was passing rondo the ball and rondo got knocked over by ginobli. then the play before they stole the ball from pierce, not bc rondo couldnt shoot ft, but bc pierce was trying to draw an intentional foul. lets not try to pin everything on rondo just bc theres things about him you dont approve of. the guys an all-world pg, his FT shooting will come along, just like every other part of his game has.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo had a great game last night against San Antonio.  That one game last night was one of the best Rondo's played this season.  I am not commenting on any other game except last night's.  That 10th rebound was a little cheesy though.

In addition to Rondo having a great game, so did Ray and so did Baby and so did Paul.  Ray was on fire and Baby's shot was falling too.

Rondo had 22 assists.  That's unbelievable.  But was it because Ray and Baby and Paul could not miss or was it because the passes that they received made it easier to put the ball in the hoop?  A combination of both probably.  The hard work is making the shot though.

Honestly, when guys are hitting like that, assists will be high.  Not to take anything away from Rondo but the TEAM shot 61% from the field.  Ray Allen had 6 assists.  I could have gotten 13 assists last night.

I don't think there are Rondo haters.  You can't "hate" a guy who is so valuable to the Celtics.  But I do think there are realistic, conservative Rondo-supporters who acknowledge his all around game, both good and bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a great game last night against San Antonio.  That one game last night was one of the best Rondo's played this season.  I am not commenting on any other game except last night's.  That 10th rebound was a little cheesy though. In addition to Rondo having a great game, so did Ray and so did Baby and so did Paul.  Ray was on fire and Baby's shot was falling too. Rondo had 22 assists.  That's unbelievable.  But was it because Ray and Baby and Paul could not miss or was it because the passes that they received made it easier to put the ball in the hoop?  A combination of both probably.  The hard work is making the shot though. Honestly, when guys are hitting like that, assists will be high.  Not to take anything away from Rondo but the TEAM shot 61% from the field.  Ray Allen had 6 assists.  I could have gotten 13 assists last night. I don't think there are Rondo haters.  You can't "hate" a guy who is so valuable to the Celtics.  But I do think there are realistic, conservative Rondo-supporters who acknowledge his all around game, both good and bad.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought a ball had to hit the rim for there to be  a  rebound.  That was a lot cheesy.  I wonder if they have always been so generous on rebounds and assists.