Rondo is A Diva

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Rondo is A Diva

You just can't stop hatin on Rondo can you, Fierce?  First its hating on Ray and then its Hating on Rondo.   Man, do you ever stop or do you have an automatic keyboard that just cranks out this stuff 24/7?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Fierce, did some guy who looks like Rondo steal your lunch money in school or something?
    You are right about one thing: It sounds silly to call him that when he plays with a dislocated elbow.
    (For anyone who frequents the Sox board: Is this reminding you of anything?).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Rondo is A Diva:
    [QUOTE]http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2012/02/your-morning-dump-where-9-was-edgy.html#more Rondo was not so great to watch after the game. Cloaked in a towel, he came to his locker several times while a large group of reporters waited to ask him his thoughts. He said nothing, then disappeared into the trainer’s room. Then he came out to get something to drink. Then he disappeared again. This went on for more than an hour until longtime Celtics publicist Jeff Twiss announced that Rondo did not feel like talking. The kid is a diva. I know it sounds silly to call him that when he can play basketball with a dislocated elbow, but it's the truth .
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  DANNY....TRADE HIM NOW !!!!  WHILE HE STILL HAS VALUE !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He's a MIchael Jackson sort of diva.

Those moves getting to the rim are vintage Jacko.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Reporting the news is Rondo stealing my lunch money? Why are you guys censuring me?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Because if Rondo walked across the Charles River, you'd quickly point out he was unable to swim.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Look, I enjoyed watching Rondo play for 5 years. The problem is I think he has already reached his full potential. Time for the Celts to go in another direction. If we want to get value we have to give value in return.  Right now it's either we trade Ray or Rondo. We can't keep both. The Celts are just one big man away from being elite.
    Understood. And as I've said, I'm not necessarily against trading Rondo. But definitely not just for the sake of trading him. It has to improve the team.

Let's say the Rondo-for-Gasol deal happens. Then we have a solid big man but a mediocre at best point guard. And name me the last NBA champion with a mediocre point guard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RR is inconsistent to say the least.

WHY???

Does he not show up in the 4th quarter in the final minutes?

He shows his potential then takes it away.

pretty frustrating IMO

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : MJ and the Bulls won with Ron Harper and Steve Kerr at PG. Like I said, one step at a time. The hard part is trading Rondo. Once we get the big we need we go for a PG at the trade deadline.

Bad example. With Michael and Scottie in the lineup, the Bulls could have won with me at PG.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

The Bulls were built around MJ.

The C's need to build around Rondo. Playing with these slow guys magnifies his weaknesses and wastes his gift. Now that the old nags are ready for the glue factory it's time to change horses.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : We can't build around Rondo. Rondo is not a franchise player.

Rondo is a sissy.

We found that out last year when POTUS joked about him and he went into a tailspin.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Understood. And as I've said, I'm not necessarily against trading Rondo. But definitely not just for the sake of trading him. It has to improve the team. Let's say the Rondo-for-Gasol deal happens. Then we have a solid big man but a mediocre at best point guard. And name me the last NBA champion with a mediocre point guard.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

2010 LA Lakers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Look, I enjoyed watching Rondo play for 5 years. The problem is I think he has already reached his full potential. Time for the Celts to go in another direction. If we want to get value we have to give value in return.  Right now it's either we trade Ray or Rondo. We can't keep both. The Celts are just one big man away from being elite.

Whether Rondo is a Diva or not, I don’t give a hoot !!! He is a gifted athlete who probably would have been good in tennis, soccer etc.  But what he isn’t is a clutch player that we can depend upon when the game is one the line in the last few seconds. Also, at times for the entire game, he is erratic.  If there were some way to keep him & still get a desperately needed big man, I would love to do it and we would not play him the last few minutes as most teams will play a 5 on 4 and leave him open 15-20 ft out.  Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, might interest LA as they don’t  have any outside shooters other than Kobe as Artest and Fisher are past their prime…Ray is too but he’s still a dead on 3 pt shooter when open. Would they take Ray, JO, Bass & a draft pick for Gasol ? My first choice for a big man is Kaman. Again, I’d let Ray Allen go if that could get us a big man. I saw Rondo do two fantastic alley oops vs. Bulls to 2 different players( I forgot whom) who were probably 6’8"---6’9”. Couldn’t you see him tossing the ball in to a 7 footer & when he is double teamed, Rondo might toss up bricks but he can drive to the basket as well as any prime PG.  So, keep him if possible !!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

So, keep him if possible !!!

what's the deal, mandobello? you spent the last week advocating we DUPE somebody / anybody into taking him off our hands.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Rondo is a sissy. We found that out last year when POTUS joked about him and he went into a tailspin. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Rondo needs to shoot free throws like he did yesterday.  Your comment on Rondo is very funny.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]So, keep him if possible !!! what's the deal, mandobello? you spent the last week advocating we DUPE somebody / anybody into taking him off our hands.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    He had one great game without Rose in there.  Let's see if he can put together a few and you can yell at me as well.  I want him to play well every game, but in case you have not been watching he has not.   He needs to perform as he did up until Feb. of 2011 where his game went south.

The Big Three have fallen off so he has to step it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

Fierce, too bad we can't get some value for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is A Diva : Bad example. With Michael and Scottie in the lineup, the Bulls could have won with me at PG.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Good point, and I don't even know how bad you might be. Suffice it to say, the Bulls PGs (and centers) came and went but MJ and SP drove the championship bus.