Rondo is back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is back

WE can watch Rondo with the ball most of the time , get all the assist, other guards do little or nothning, offence become stagnant.  Rondo will play because our guard play is very good without  him.  All the teams have figured out Rondo , give him a tripple double and watch the rest of the team wilt. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Rondo is back

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WE can watch Rondo with the ball most of the time , get all the assist, other guards do little or nothning, offence become stagnant.  Rondo will play because our guard play is very good without  him.  All the teams have figured out Rondo , give him a tripple double and watch the rest of the team wilt. 

[/QUOTE]

OK, I need an interpreter for this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, I need an interpreter for this one.

[/QUOTE]

Ha....im with you....all I can say is "what"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have no choice but to let Rondo pound the ball.  If Doc plays him less, Rondo will start whining like a little baby, we all know this.  The only other choice is to trade him. 

Lee used to produce, but with Rondo, all he can do is stand in the corner and watch his stats fall.  Alteast now we know how great Ray was to still put up numbers while being handicaped by Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have no choice but to let Rondo pound the ball.  If Doc plays him less, Rondo will start whining like a little baby, we all know this.  The only other choice is to trade him. 

Lee used to produce, but with Rondo, all he can do is stand in the corner and watch his stats fall.  Alteast now we know how great Ray was to still put up numbers while being handicaped by Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me!?  Kid just had 20 dimes tonight and was 3 for 4 from the field.  If you can't play with a point guard like that, you need to go back to the play ground with the highschool kids.  How much less should you play a guy with a bad ankle and 20 assists in 35 minutes.

If Lee doesn't produce it's his own fault but that's not the case.  It takes time to learn a new offense and for players to get to know each other.  When Lee and Rondo figure each other out, Lee will be better than before.  There is not a better point in the league who can get the ball to his shooters.

PS  I haven't a clue what maryngary is saying.  Sounds like they are fighting some demons within themselves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

The title of this thread, "Rondo is back" signifies one so very obvious fact, "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" is indeed back, indeed!  Thanks Mr. Rondo for the wonderfully efficient show you put on today for the entertainment of all Celtics fans.  Not only did the Celtics win the game, they did so with KG and PDub getting a lot of rest for tomorrow's game with the Pistons.  I liked the effort the rest of the team provided on Thursday night against Brooklyn (except the loss) in the absence of Rondo; however, it was obvious that it was difficult for the Celtics to maintain a rhythm without its leader on the floor.  The game today showed once again how easily Rondo gets his teammates the ball in their "sweet" spots.  Way to go Rondo and way to go Celtics!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me!?  Kid just had 20 dimes tonight and was 3 for 4 from the field.  If you can't play with a point guard like that, you need to go back to the play ground with the highschool kids.  How much less should you play a guy with a bad ankle and 20 assists in 35 minutes.

If Lee doesn't produce it's his own fault but that's not the case.  It takes time to learn a new offense and for players to get to know each other.  When Lee and Rondo figure each other out, Lee will be better than before.  There is not a better point in the league who can get the ball to his shooters.

PS  I haven't a clue what maryngary is saying.  Sounds like they are fighting some demons within themselves.

[/QUOTE]

He get's assists because he ball hogs.  But you are half right about 1 thing: Lee is going to have to figure Rondo out, 'cause Rondo is not going to change his game of pounding the ball for anyone...if anyone has an issue, he will tell doc to bench them.  Which is probably what happen to Lee.  Lee: "Is there a way I can get the ball more? "  Rondo:"No.  And just for asking, I am telling Doc to bench you. 'Cause I have figured out that if I throw a big enough hissyfit, I can get what I want."  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He get's assists because he ball hogs.  But you are half right about 1 thing: Lee is going to have to figure Rondo out, 'cause Rondo is not going to change his game of pounding the ball for anyone...if anyone has an issue, he will tell doc to bench them.  Which is probably what happen to Lee.  Lee: "Is there a way I can get the ball more? "  Rondo:"No.  And just for asking, I am telling Doc to bench you. 'Cause I have figured out that if I throw a big enough hissyfit, I can get what I want."  

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is the ultimate "team first" player, a player that should be emulated, not castrated.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, who is darkman20?  I am trying to figure out whether we are looking at a dark caterpillar that is starting to metamorphose into another ugly troll of a moth?  Or are we looking at another incarnation of Dudder?  Or somebody else.  There is a progression in the recent posts that is headed into some serious darknees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

OK, who is darkman20?  I am trying to figure out whether we are looking at a dark caterpillar that is starting to metamorphose into another ugly troll of a moth?  Or are we looking at another incarnation of Dudder?  Or somebody else.  There is a progression in the recent posts that is headed into some serious darknees.

[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps into the bright light of unvarnished truth. 

The bullies are getting restless.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Put a shirt on Seamus.
    Rondo would have to score 40 pts, dish out  30 assists, and grab 20 boards before you give him  a nod.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Pud

Pud

Hey Pud
    20 assists by the persona non grata, a W, and KG only played 17 minutes.

Guess that bullet stays in your pocket tonite

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was expecting your contribution here.  To each his own style.  Some will keep bullying and some will never be able to expand their thinking beyond their dark negative box.  And both will express it here.  Live and let live.  It is a good way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Put a shirt on Seamus.
    Rondo would have to score 40 pts, dish out  30 assists, and grab 20 boards before you give him  a nod.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Don't need him to score 40pts or get 30 assists, or grab 20 boards.  I just would like Rondo to be able to play off the ball at times.  That would open up the offense, making it less predictable and letting other people open up their games also. 

Is that so much to ask?

Seriously, the the dude loves holding the ball so much, he must sleep with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Put a shirt on Seamus.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Don't need him to score 40pts or 30 assists, or grag 20 boards.  I just would like Rondo to be able to play off the ball at times.  That would open up the offense, making it less predictable and letting other people open up their games also. 

Is that so much to ask?

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was expecting your contribution here.  To each his own style.  Some will keep bullying and some will never be able to expand their thinking beyond their dark negative box.  And both will express it here.  Live and let live.  It is a good way.

[/QUOTE]

Live and let live indeed. We agree.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

they guy gets his team mates the ball in their sweet spots, orchestrates the offense, unlikewhat happened in brooklyn w/o him, and folks complain after 20 assits.  what gives????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Just posers looking for attention.  if there argument had any merit it would show some semblance of a basketball IQ but they speak so that we know their ignorance.  Which makes it all that more pleasing when Rondo and team make them look stupid each and every night.  It must be tough to fall a sleep at night when all you push each and everyday gets disqualified by one mans persistance to be one of the best and he gets better and better each and every season.

I can just see these guys after games like this.  Thinking of ways to spin his 15+ assist nights, his double doubles and triple doubles into bad basketball.  All while winning basketball games mind you.  Tonight may have been the 1st time I've ever heard someone reference the NBA leader in assists selfish, when the bench mark for unselfishness in basketball is the assist.  I mean of course it goes with out saying that Rondo has the ball in his hands more than any one player on the Celtics team but he facilitates the offense and you can't name any legitimate point guard in the NBA with any talent, that doesn't have the basketball in his hands more than the others.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Live and let live indeed. We agree. "

Sure, but it would great if you would decide to get past your Rondo hate and stop your troll campaign. Live and let live doesn't mean that you shouldn't challenge yourself to be a better contributor here. 

It's hilarious you're talking about "the unvarnished truth" when outside reporters and his own teammates are talking about him as an MVP candidate. 

Now, to be clear, I don't think Rondo is an MVP candidate by any means. But I'm able to look beyond the hype and appreciate the pros and cons of a great player who is more than justifying where he was drafted, and who is signed to a very reasonable contract. You, however, are not. We have yet to see any evidence that you would rather see the team win than Rondo fail. 

I noticed you haven't mentioned Rondo's improved shooting percentage this season. It's the kind of fact that makes you uncomfortable because it doesn't jive with what you call "the unvarnished truth", which in your case is a collection or prejudices and iron-clad judgements that are not open to new facts, ideas, or information. 

Enjoy living with that while the rest of us root on the team. I won't bother sending you the links of the teammeates speaking highly of Rondo or the MVP candidate articles because there are so many of them you'd have to have blinders on not to be aware of them.

p.s. if Rondo causes this team's downfall I'll make a point of admitting I was wrong. However this is the wrong point in a season with roster turnover to make those kinds of judgements. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Just posers looking for attention.  if there argument had any merit it would show some semblance of a basketball IQ but they speak so that we know their ignorance.  Which makes it all that more pleasing when Rondo and team make them look stupid each and every night.  It must be tough to fall a sleep at night when all you push each and everyday gets disqualified by one mans persistance to be one of the best and he gets better and better each and every season.

I can just see these guys after games like this.  Thinking of ways to spin his 15+ assist nights, his double doubles and triple doubles into bad basketball.  All while winning basketball games mind you.  Tonight may have been the 1st time I've ever heard someone reference the NBA leader in assists selfish, when the bench mark for unselfishness in basketball is the assist.  I mean of course it goes with out saying that Rondo has the ball in his hands more than any one player on the Celtics team but he facilitates the offense and you can't name any legitimate point guard in the NBA with any talent, that doesn't have the basketball in his hands more than the others.  

[/QUOTE]

What I find interesting is how these posters choose to ignore all statements made by Doc and other Celtics players.  Perhaps their ire should not be limited to Rondo.  Their right formula should be to trade Rondo and fire Doc.

After all it was Doc that moved Ray Allen to bench.  His justification: He follows the principle that everybody should do what is best for the team.  And if he creates an exception for one player then how can he expect others to accept the principle.

Now the same Doc is claiming Rondo to be one of the best.  The same Doc is putting the ball in his hands.  Clearly, he is doing this because Rondo will pout otherwise.  Wow!!!

Then there is the myth that Rondo gets his assists because he dominates the ball.  Pretty foolish.  Rondo gets his assists because there one dimension where he is brilliant.  Nobody comes close: not CP3, not DWill, not DRose and not LeBron.  Rondo is best at getting the ball to the open man at the right spot.  Next time just watch how much effort is needed for the shooter to catch the ball, regain his balance, get set and get the shot off.

Doc has chosen to take maximal advantage of this brilliance.  That requires other players to make an adjustment.  You have heard him comment that Lee has to be a ready shooter.  Each player needs little bit of time to recognize that he has a shot, locate the rim, get set and launch the shot.  This is where Ray Allen was brilliant, i.e. he probably has the shortest time for this sequence.  Terry has struggled a bit because he takes longer for this sequence.  He can keep the shot open by dribbling, etc. but he takes longer to locate the rim.  Same with Lee.  They are adjusting to anticipating the shot and being ready.  As that happens, the Celts will get even better.  And Rondo's numbers will get better.