Rondo is hurting..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Rondo is hurting..

Rondo hurting and a little burnt out doesn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone. The guy who makes the offense click, the guy who makes Garnett, Pierce and Ray better, the guy who is a double double machine every night needs rest. Wow what a shock! Here we thought it had to be due to missing Perk or because he just wasn't very good.  So for all you ESPN "stat boy's" West is back and Rondo can rest his ailing body, now watch the all star get back his dominance and do what he does best, which is make everyone on the floor a little better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Rondo is hurting..

You'll be surprised he will sit the next game.
    Doc toying around reject arroyo & West.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Rondo is hurting..:
    [QUOTE]Rondo hurting and a little burnt out doesn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone. The guy who makes the offense click, the guy who makes Garnett, Pierce and Ray better, the guy who is a double double machine every night needs rest. Wow what a shock! Here we thought it had to be due to missing Perk or because he just wasn't very good.  So for all you ESPN "stat boy's" West is back and Rondo can rest his ailing body, now watch the all star get back his dominance and do what he does best, which is make everyone on the floor a little better.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Definitely hurting. Probably the same reason he quit TEAM USA. Just didn't want to say so. 

The guy is definitely burned out. Nice to know. Not a quitter.

Defnitely not a quitter.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Yea, good thing Rondo came to the Celtics to make KG, PP & Ray better.

What would they be without him

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The fact is that Rondo is a unique talent who is unable to perform to his standards right now.  We don't know why but we do know that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/03/17/kevin-garnett-rajon-rondos-playing-hurt/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is hurting..:
    [QUOTE]http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/03/17/kevin-garnett-rajon-rondos-playing-hurt/
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]
    thanks for sharing, CelticFanLA. i had read garnett's comments this morning but it is always insightful - and entertaining - to see the ticket express himself. that is one cool cat!

relax and let the season come to you, concord. Cs got 'em right where they want 'em.

last and leastly, give karlkarl and pudpud some more rope and watch what they do with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Rondo is hurting, but I think he just needs some rest. If you look at his numbers for the month of March, they have always been lower than other months. Im sure he will get back to his normal self soon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

n Response to Re: Rondo is hurting..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo is hurting.. : Definitely hurting. Probably the same reason he quit TEAM USA. Just didn't want to say so.  The guy is definitely burned out. Nice to know. Not a quitter. Defnitely not a quitter. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Gee, you mean it`s not because he`s pouting over Perk, arrogant and spoiled? I`m shocked. You ,dudder and acie had me convinced.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]Yea, good thing Rondo came to the Celtics to make KG, PP & Ray better. What would they be without him
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karl you're not lost anymore, good for you! I'm glad you have seen the light..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is badly hurt. Bad ankle, bad feet, you can see it when he plays. He needs to sit at least one game. We have two other point guards that can do the job.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and it would be beneficial for the Celtics if Rondo played limited minutes for the remainder of the season and also missed a few games. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Only Rondo knows what's going on with Rondo.  Who do you listen to, KG or A. Sherrod Blakely?  Both seem quite credible although I question KG announcing that Rondo is hurt but failing to say to what extent or what specifically is the injury.  I mean, if you are going to put it out there, don't back off and say "I don't know.  You have to ask him."

Blakely on CSNNE.COM is reporting that he spoke to Rondo as well as Doc and Rondo is NOT HURT.  Blakely says health-wise, he's fine.  Rondo said as much himself.  He's just going through a tough stretch like many players go through.  As much as we want an excuse to his play, just maybe, maybe, he isn't injured.

I think alot of "presumptions" and "guesses" are being tossed around.  Like every player this time of year, he's probably wearing down before that second wind.  Honestly, MAYBE he is NOT hurt.  Think about it, if he was truly injured, Doc would not be playing him regardless of the short time Arroyo has been with the team.  If Rondo is truly hurt, now that West is back, you'd expect Rondo to be shelved NOW!  That's why it makes sense what Blakely is reporting!

Tyreke Evans has been out for 2-3 weeks suffering from plantar fasciitis and I have to believe whatever Rondo's "degree" of pf is, it's not of the degree of Evans' so I think we should put to bed all the injury talk of Rondo.

Could it be that he's just plain having a difficult time right now and he's just not playing well?  Maybe there are no excuses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is hurting..:Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I believe this to be a perfect storm. When the team looses its legs it affects Rondo the most in his ability to move the ball. His weaknesses are magnified in this scenario. Movement is the key to Rondo's game. I think he is struggling and may have a few minor things going on although not serious. I think he has lost his confidence. A couple weeks ago I was glad to see him take some big shots late in the game and since his struggles he has not even attempted a big shot. I really think a reduction in minutes for KG RR PP and Ray will give them the rest they need. I think the Spurs Bulls and Miami games Doc will try to find ways to boost his continence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is hurting.. :Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] I believe this to be a perfect storm. When the team looses its legs it affects Rondo the most in his ability to move the ball. His weaknesses are magnified in this scenario. Movement is the key to Rondo's game. I think he is struggling and may have a few minor things going on although not serious. I think he has lost his confidence. A couple weeks ago I was glad to see him take some big shots late in the game and since his struggles he has not even attempted a big shot. I really think a reduction in minutes for KG RR PP and Ray will give them the rest they need. I think the Spurs Bulls and Miami games Doc will try to find ways to boost his continence.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    I think you nailed it genaro008.  I am just getting tired of hearing all of the "he is hurt" allegations with nothing really to back it up.  I think he needs some rest and he'll be ok.  I see some folks suggesting he reduce his minutes.  Honestly, I would not mind seeing Rondo take a couple games off (put on a suit and tie).

I think, especially with the final couple of games off, he'll return re-energized for the playoffs.  I can't wait to see this team together for the playoffs, Rondo included and out front leading.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is hurting.. : I believe this to be a perfect storm. When the team looses its legs it affects Rondo the most in his ability to move the ball. His weaknesses are magnified in this scenario. Movement is the key to Rondo's game. I think he is struggling and may have a few minor things going on although not serious. I think he has lost his confidence. A couple weeks ago I was glad to see him take some big shots late in the game and since his struggles he has not even attempted a big shot. I really think a reduction in minutes for KG RR PP and Ray will give them the rest they need. I think the Spurs Bulls and Miami games Doc will try to find ways to boost his continence. Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE] I think you nailed it genaro008.  I am just getting tired of hearing all of the "he is hurt" allegations with nothing really to back it up.  I think he needs some rest and he'll be ok.  I see some folks suggesting he reduce his minutes.  Honestly, I would not mind seeing Rondo take a couple games off (put on a suit and tie). I think, especially with the final couple of games off, he'll return re-energized for the playoffs.  I can't wait to see this team together for the playoffs, Rondo included and out front leading.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Rondo is like a fighter facing the southpaw jinks no matter how good you are things do not always go your way. When this team fires on all cylinders his weaknesses are strength. He doesn’t need points to be effective. He can be in the game while everyone else is involved. He does the little things that do not show up on the stat sheet. The big 3 prefer playing with him. They feed off of him when he is in rhythm and they have a good feel for each other. Krystic and Green are benefiting from him while he is in a slump imagine how much better will they be when he is back to his normal play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Only Rondo knows what's going on with Rondo.  Who do you listen to, KG or A. Sherrod Blakely?  Both seem quite credible although I question KG announcing that Rondo is hurt but failing to say to what extent or what specifically is the injury.  I mean, if you are going to put it out there, don't back off and say " I don't know.  You have to ask him. " Blakely on CSNNE.COM is reporting that he spoke to Rondo as well as Doc and Rondo is NOT HURT.  Blakely says health-wise, he's fine.  Rondo said as much himself.  He's just going through a tough stretch like many players go through.  As much as we want an excuse to his play, just maybe, maybe, he isn't injured. I think alot of "presumptions" and "guesses" are being tossed around.  Like every player this time of year, he's probably wearing down before that second wind.  Honestly, MAYBE he is NOT hurt.  Think about it, if he was truly injured, Doc would not be playing him regardless of the short time Arroyo has been with the team.  If Rondo is truly hurt, now that West is back, you'd expect Rondo to be shelved NOW!  That's why it makes sense what Blakely is reporting! Tyreke Evans has been out for 2-3 weeks suffering from plantar fasciitis and I have to believe whatever Rondo's "degree" of pf is, it's not of the degree of Evans' so I think we should put to bed all the injury talk of Rondo. Could it be that he's just plain having a difficult time right now and he's just not playing well?  Maybe there are no excuses.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Good

Common sense...

If Rondos PF injury was an issue, he wouldnt be playing..

If Doc was playing him anyway cause he decided to take the risk cause we needed to win games for HCA... well, Rondo hasnt helped us win games, more like hes helping us lose games...so that idea goes out the window too

Its not injury related... and hes playing poorly.

WHy people need to spin the obvious into something else is beyond to me. If you watch his game over the last month, hes been terrible, especially defensively...Thats what it is.... why are people putting up an argument over this? 

The only reason Rondo is the subject of so many posts and threads is because some people just refuse to accept the fact hes been terrible for a long stretch and continue to keep the subject alive calling people haters etc...

When Baby hit a bad stretch there was some threads about him but it didnt last very loong, not like this Rondo stuff... cause pretty much everyone recognized he was having a tough time...  same with KG  during a little stretch. THose threads came and went pretty fast,,,  but the denial some people have with Rondo has kept this alive and growing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

No, Karliost - once again you are wrong.  Rondo's critics are NOT all agreeing that he is having a tough time.  Some of them keep trying to tell us that this is the way he usually plays, that he is finally being "exposed" as the terrible player that he really is.

Rondo's defenders believe that he is hurt.  DA and KG have both verified it.  In my opinion, his plantar fasciitis - which he has had for most of the season - has become significantly worse.  His lack of speed and explosiveness fit with that observation.

The significance of PF is that it is not going to go away as a result of some limited amount of rest.  It might partly improve (and then get worse), but it's not going to go away without a SUBSTANTIAL amount of keeping off that leg and wearing a special boot.  (By "substantial", I mean a matter of months.)

If I am correct, we are not going to see a healthy Rondo this season.  In which case, it's highly unlikely that the Celtics are going to win #18.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]No, Karliost - once again you are wrong.  Rondo's critics are NOT all agreeing that he is having a tough time.  Some of them keep trying to tell us that this is the way he usually plays, that he is finally being "exposed" as the terrible player that he really is. Rondo's defenders believe that he is hurt.  DA and KG have both verified it.  In my opinion, his plantar fasciitis - which he has had for most of the season - has become significantly worse.  His lack of speed and explosiveness fit with that observation. The significance of PF is that it is not going to go away as a result of some limited amount of rest.  It might partly improve (and then get worse), but it's not going to go away without a SUBSTANTIAL amount of keeping off that leg and wearing a special boot.  (By "substantial", I mean a matter of months.) If I am correct, we are not going to see a healthy Rondo this season.  In which case, it's highly unlikely that the Celtics are going to win #18.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]
    jerrycole, you make some very valid points but how can KG and DA "verify" Rondo is injured?  That is impossible!  If A. Sherrod Blakely speaks directly TO RONDO and directly TO DOC and both say "he's fine", shouldn't we put some credence to that?  How are we left to say "No Blakely, Rondo and Doc are not telling the truth and KG and DA are being honest."  I'm of the opinion that Rondo and Doc should know if Rondo is fine more so than KG and DA.

As it relates to PF, you nor I are doctors so neither of us can say to what degree Rondo's is affecting him.  All you and I can do is speculate, right.  All I know is Tyreke Evans had a bad case of it which kept him out for 2-3 weeks.  It's safe to say that Rondo's obviously is not of that degree.  And regardless of what anyone on this board says, nobody can watch a high-def TV and "visibly notice" how Rondo is running (gingerly, laboring, smoothly, etc.) unless he's visibly limping (twisted ankle, for example).

Furthermore, if Rondo is hurt, why would we continue to play him?  Why risk him for the post-season?  You would have to go with Avery if that's the only option you have if it meant possibly losing Rondo.  Wouldn't you agree?.

Let's just say he's dealing, like everyone else, with nagging injuries but continuing to play.  And he's just not playing well.  That is truly a possibility and when the playoffs start and he returns to his effective "self", it really won't matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i respect bob ryan very much. his take - and he stresses that it is mere supposition - is that rondo has something up in his personal life that has him upset and is affecting his play. i hope that is the case as that would seem to be a more manageable obstacle than his feet barking w/ pain that's not subsiding. we can be thankful that we have arroyo and seemingly delonte, but if rondo's not hitting on all cylinders when the second season begins, there's going to be disappointment up the road.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Thanks BaileyPowe.  That is very interesting.  But it's also crazy how many different reports we're hearing.

You have KG and DA apparently declaring Rondo's injured although they don't discuss exactly what the injury is or the extent of it.  Then, A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.COM reported that he personally spoke to Rondo and Doc and both say, "health-wise, he's fine".  Now your mention of Bob Ryan makes even more sense to what Blakely reports both saying "health-wise, he's fine".  That would suggest that there is something up in his personal life.

Whatever is affecting him, he is not hitting on all cylinders and hopefully, he will be when the second season begins.

You may very well be correct with what's up with him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Rondo need to consult with Rex Ryns wife...LOL...

If its his Plantar fascitis, which I had, REST, REST AND MORE REST...

If, mental he needs to talk it out with Doc or someone else if something is bothering him...

I may Rondo interalizes a lot of stuff...

What do I know, though...

C's need him on top of his game in the playoffs...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Some of you make me laugh, which I thank you for it makes the day shorter... But I don't know, you would rather respect the opinion of a guy who covers the Celtics then his teammates who know him a little better? Rondo isn't going to admit he in injured, good athletes never make excuses. Did KG let everyone know he was injured? I don't think so. But I will agree with petey whatever it may be, better be gone by the play-offs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

.... so we watch and wait. remember early last season when things got testy between rondo and chris paul in boston? saturday night in new orleans will hopefully be the first time they've locked horns since then. should be interesting to see what rondo brings. too bad rondo will be on the second end of a road back2back, while paul's been resting since wednesday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It seems clear at this point that Arroyo was acquired to offset/cushion the blow of whatever is going on with Rondo.  If his deal is more mental than physical, then Ainge lost two players at the deadline:  Perk and Rondo.

To top it off, not sure how much this helps:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

This does not sound like the words of a man who is convinced he'll be a factor down the stretch.