Rondo is the Vince Young of Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo is the Vince Young of Football

The similarities are striking.

Both are exceptional athletes.
    Both have occational flashes of brilliance.
    Both are moody, immature and wildly inconsistent.

Both have a very good winning percentage when they play...but like Rondo, some question whether Vince Young's record of 25-13 as a starter was due to other players including the defense and Chris Johnson.

Rondo is an excellent passer, rebounder and defensive player (...?) but is terrible shooting jumpers, free throws and protecting the ball (turnovers).
    Vince is an excellent runner but a terrible passer.

Both Rondo and Young were worse in their last season played than the previous two seasons. 

Vince was shown the door after his poor performance last season and his lack of leadership because Fisher felt that the Titans could not be an elite team with Vince running the show...    
    and Rondo ??....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo is the Vince Young of Football

In Response to Rondo is the Vince Young of Football:
    [QUOTE]The similarities are striking. Both are exceptional athletes. Both have occational flashes of brilliance. Both are moody, immature and wildly inconsistent. Both have a very good winning percentage when they play...but like Rondo, some question whether Vince Young's record of 25-13 as a starter was due to other players including the defense and Chris Johnson. Rondo is an excellent passer, rebounder and defensive player (...?) but is terrible shooting jumpers, free throws and protecting the ball (turnovers). Vince is an excellent runner but a terrible passer. Both Rondo and Young were worse in their last season played than the previous two seasons.  Vince was shown the door after his poor performance last season and his lack of leadership because Fisher felt that the Titans could not be an elite team with Vince running the show...     and Rondo ??....
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Then Fisher was shown the door by the owner. (Fish deserved far better.)

You have to wonder how much more Rondo monkey business the owners will tolerate before showing Rondo and certain higher ups (the merry band of enablers) the door.

An early exit from the playoffs would get the ball rolling.... an early exit that nearly began last night... interrupted by RA's buzzerbeater.

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo is the Vince Young of Football:
    [QUOTE]Rondo plays football?
    Posted by freedomofspeech13[/QUOTE]

Do we actually know that pud and dud are 2 separate people? Maybe its just one guy living in mom`s basement,writhing in agony when anyone praises Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo and Vince Young are both athletes that is all they have in common.  You have to be kidding with this analogy.  Next thing you will say is Rondo is like Obama. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abyssinia. Show abyssinia's posts

And you must be the  Vince Young of sports commentary. Rondo is the real deal, beyond the real deal, and Vince Young is a flub.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

And they both make a lot of money playing sports.  I wounder if they planed this out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I was totally unaware that Rondo was a 2-sport athlete and also played football. What is this nonsense?! If he would use the time that is spent playing football and spend it on practicing his jump shots maybe we'd actually have an average point guard! Cut him now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Rondo has a championship

And Rondo is an excellent passer

I'd compare Rondo to Randy Moss - talented, if not one-dimensional, and also a handful in the locker room.  And just like Moss, Rondo is extremely limited outside of his specialty skillset.

If you don't roll a safety over the top, Moss was running by you.  But if you defended him correctly and had help behind him, Moss simply could not be a threat as a possession receiver because he wasn't willing to go over the middle except against soft zones.

With Rondo, if you defend him correctly, he simply cannot shoot.  Furthermore, he cannot shoot foul shots.  He can run by you if you let him, but his skillset is also severely limited in a way that other teams can exploit. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo has a championship And Rondo is an excellent passer I'd compare Rondo to Randy Moss - talented, if not one-dimensional, and also a handful in the locker room.  And just like Moss, Rondo is extremely limited outside of his specialty skillset. If you don't roll a safety over the top, Moss was running by you.  But if you defended him correctly and had help behind him, Moss simply could not be a threat as a possession receiver because he wasn't willing to go over the middle except against soft zones. With Rondo, if you defend him correctly, he simply cannot shoot.  Furthermore, he cannot shoot foul shots.  He can run by you if you let him, but his skillset is also severely limited in a way that other teams can exploit. 
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

True and give Dwest more minutes at PG and see what develops
    .  Just an idea until Rondo develops a jumper

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you guys keep complaining about his jumper but he has been hitting it for awhile now..and was hitting it during game one. 

why is it that Rondo is the only one that has 5 posts on him after EVERY game, good or bad? how bout the rest of the team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

so which sport does vince young play?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo plays football?
    Posted by freedomofspeech13[/QUOTE]

I don't think people understood what you meant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wonder why teams dont foul Rondo more often in close games.

Game 1 vs the Knicks... if the Knicks needed a stop, why wouldnt they intentionally foul Rondo? ITs almost a given Rondo makes one FT at best, quite possibly none.

Seriously, had the Knicks been up 2 points instead of 1 on the Celtics final possession....it would have been very interesting to see if Dantoni had the balls to foul Rondo.  Theyd most likely get the ball back up at least 1 point, if not 2.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo and Vince Young are both athletes that is all they have in common.  You have to be kidding with this analogy.  Next thing you will say is Rondo is like Obama. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

only commonality is they were both given (vs. earned) big positions without proper skills for the job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is the Vince Young of Football : only commonality is they were both given (vs. earned) big positions without proper skills for the job.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Not true.... Obama can hit a jumper... but George Dubya couldn't.

You must have those two confused.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I thought it was supposed to read, the vince young of basketball.  Epic fail in 2 ways....You worded it wrong and it didnt make sense.  Now i know Why I have this dude on ignore...lmao!

Guy get a near triple double and still takes all the heat after a win when there was plenty to complain about with other players....out of the big 3 in N.Y. Rondo held Billups in check to a horrible shooting night and he only hit one big 3, after bricking all game.  Wow!  just make a "WE hate Rondo thread"  and have at it with all the haters..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was supposed to read, the vince young of basketball.  Epic fail in 2 ways....You worded it wrong and it didnt make sense.  Now i know Why I have this dude on ignore...lmao! Guy get a near triple double and still takes all the heat after a win when there was plenty to complain about with other players....out of the big 3 in N.Y. Rondo held Billups in check to a horrible shooting night and he only hit one big 3, after bricking all game.  Wow!  just make a "WE hate Rondo thread"  and have at it with all the haters..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Jay... instead of getting your panties in a bunch... you might actually USE the IGNORE option instead of mouthing sweet sounding intentions... that you aren't going to follow thru on anyway.

It'll brighten your day.

Guaranteed.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Rondo is the Vince Young of Football:
    [QUOTE]The similarities are striking. Both are exceptional athletes. Both have occational flashes of brilliance. Both are moody, immature and wildly inconsistent. Both have a very good winning percentage when they play...but like Rondo, some question whether Vince Young's record of 25-13 as a starter was due to other players including the defense and Chris Johnson. Rondo is an excellent passer, rebounder and defensive player (...?) but is terrible shooting jumpers, free throws and protecting the ball (turnovers). Vince is an excellent runner but a terrible passer. Both Rondo and Young were worse in their last season played than the previous two seasons.  Vince was shown the door after his poor performance last season and his lack of leadership because Fisher felt that the Titans could not be an elite team with Vince running the show...     and Rondo ??....
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    Ummm well the Celtics have already won a championship with Rondo and he has only gotten better. Also where does everybody get the notion that he is immature? Because he's young? Those 2 don't neccesarrily mean the same thing (i.e. Manny)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I do have him on ignore but I can see still he his threads.  He threw a slow one over the plate, so I obliged.  Is Eldy your son?, or is that part of the Rondo hate club to defend people.  Was I right or wrong?

Keep hating and eating crow, and I'll do what I want to do, thank you. My day is bright everyday, I stay shining.  I cant say the same for you haters....you know what they say...Haters are the way they are because they are salty.  So you are the one who needs some sunshine, sunshine...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo is the Vince Young of Football : Do we actually know that pud and dud are 2 separate people? Maybe its just one guy living in mom`s basement,writhing in agony when anyone praises Rondo.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

2? That's only the tip of the troll iceberg. Only RicoKY knows the full roster. It's also not that he hates Rondo. He wants people to feel bad. If it's not Rondo, it's someone else like Pierce or Perk or Jermaine. Some critters get kicks out of playing message boards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Jay, you shallow, myopic, coward.  You threatened to put me on ignore only after I completely humiliated your reasoning (or lack therof) in an earlier post...and it was your best and only option.  Please continue to ignore me as I take that as a compliment from someone who has nothing relevant to contribute except blind megalo fan appeal that is better suited for a Brittany Spears fan club.