Rondo lovers please answer this...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo lovers please answer this...

In Response to Re: Rondo lovers please answer this...:
    [QUOTE]When Paul or Rose is hoisting up a trophy,then talk to me.Rondo may not be perfect,but he is perfect for the team we have................
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

Robert Horry has 7, Dan Marino has none..... stop that nonsense.  The Cs carried Rondo to a title.

There are a dozen point guards that if in some sort of time warp or some sort of weird exchange could come in and replace Rondo and the Cs would be either better or no worse off.

You can't really expect at least even a remote level of respectability by anyone objective poster when you post crap like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dudder,

why spend so much time in a Celtics forum on this topic?  Obviously, you're not a fan.  You came on....you made your point (over and over and over and over).  So, once you've made your points and we rejected them, why not move on?  Why is debating Rondo on a Celtics discussion board such a passion for you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, why spend so much time in a Celtics forum on this topic?  Obviously, you're not a fan.  You came on....you made your point (over and over and over and over).  So, once you've made your points and we rejected them, why not move on?  Why is debating Rondo on a Celtics discussion board such a passion for you?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The sky is pink, the radio station I listen to says the sky is pink, when I look out the window I see pink, when I watch the news I find out the sky is pink, my similar thinking friends say the sky is pink, I believe the sky is pink, red skies at night sailors delight - red skies in the morning sailors taking warning, hmmmmm... the sky is pink........ oh wait the sky is blue...... yes the sky is blue...........  please ask the question again.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo lovers please answer this... : If you are going to "try" to make a point, accuracy helps. Chis Paul isn't the main scorer on the Hornets. Paul averages almost 10 assists per game, amoung the top 4 in the league. The Hornets have a very balanced scoring attack. ie, everyone touches the ball, with Paul only averaing about 15 PPG and 10 players at 7.5+.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I think CP has changed his game this year for the better by becoming a distributer and not the primary scorer. His assists are down because he let's others be playmakers once in a while and his scoring is down because he is trying to get others open shots instead of driving and dishing every time he touches the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Does anyone really care what Dudder says about Rondo anymore? If you care please let us know. No responses to this post will make it unanimous that no one cares.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Hey dudder, want to give us another link to a fatansy league poll to make your nonsensical point? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Hey, Dud, I've got a great idea!  From now on we can both save a lot of typing.  Here's how:  you just write "four hall of famers" - everyone will know what that means because you've made the same argument every day for the last two years.

Then I will write "2009" playoffs, thereby demolishing your "four hall of famers" argument, just as I have so many times before.

Not only will it save us all that typing, it will be much easier on other posters because they won't have to wade through all the extra verbiage.

Now that I think of it, this idea could be extended a lot further.  One of you haters could type "can't hit a jump shot to save his life" and I'll refute that by writing "45% on jump shots".

Whattaya think? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

In Response to Rondo lovers please answer this...:
    [QUOTE]Calm down and put your blind man-love for Rondo aside for a second... and just confirm or refute the following: Rondo is an exceptional PG and one of the best overall in the NBA.  He is the best, or near the best among active PGs in his defensive skills, assists,  general ball handling, ability to get to the hoop and provide energy to the team. But, sometimes, in fact rarely, he plays inconsistently and just doesn't mentally show up, but this is typical of many players.      However, he is the worst PG in the league in free throws accuracy and he is generally either not confident to shoot an open jump shot beyond 12 feet or unwilling to do so which generally allows the opposing teams to layoff off and block the middle or double team another Cetlic. If I were to do a similiar assessment with say Chris Paul or Rose, and a few others, it would go someting like this: Chris Paul is the best, or one of the best, PGs in the NBA, in his defensive skills, assists, ball handling, ability to get to the hoop, providing energy to the team, free throw accuracy, his ability to hit an open jumper and even a contested jumper beyond 12 feet.  I don't hate Rondo. All I am saying that he is not a complete PG compared to the best and he has certain deficiencies that are a liability to the Celtics.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    I would not dispute any of this except one thing, Rose is not as good at running an offense as Rondo. It just drives me crazy when there are a few guys on this board who say Rondo is at best an average PG! And they think anybody with a good jumper would be better than Rondo.