Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?

Wrong again. WHAT A COINCIDENCE...
    The Celtics are the ones interested. Here have a read:
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-clippers-want-to-add-a-piece

General Manager Mitch Kupchak may have not been speaking literally when he mentioned he would love to get a 25-year old, All-Star, ball-handling guard, of which Rajon Rondo is the only player in the league who matches that exact description . . . but that was not the source that led to the article.

Instead, the origination was reflected here, “Additionally, sources have told HOOSPWORLD that the Boston Celtics do have interest in Gasol for their All-Star point guard.”

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : It was Mitch Kupchak who said they want the 25-year old All-Star PG.  I just reported what I saw on the news.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Guess he'd better hurry, 'cause Rondo turns 26 in a about week. At which point the deal is off.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Your news is old:

Updated: February 8, 2012, 2:51 am ET

NBA PM: Rondo for Gasol a Possibility?

Mine is newer and more accurate and from the same sports reporter:
    Updated: February 9, 2012, 7:51 pm ET

A Few Clarifications on the Gasol/Rondo Story

Sorry to burst your pipe dream but the reporter had to clarify the mistake he made the day before. Look at the dates. Just keeping you honest. But the best thing is March 15 will come and we will see if Mr. Wrong was right or not. With your track record I wouldn't feel that confident. Sorry again.Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Your news is old: Updated:  February 8, 2012, 2:51 am ET NBA PM: Rondo for Gasol a Possibility? Mine is newer and more accurate and from the same sports reporter: Updated:  February 9, 2012, 7:51 pm ET A Few Clarifications on the Gasol/Rondo Story Sorry to burst your pipe dream but the reporter had to clarify the mistake he made the day before. Look at the dates. Just keeping you honest. But the best thing is March 15 will come and we will see if Mr. Wrong was right or not. With your track record I wouldn't feel that confident. Sorry again.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]
    Calling people out what are you ever right on?  The lakers being mediocre.  You come from under your rock every few days and contribute absolutely nothing. Trying to sell yourself as a reasonable and friendly troll.  Your pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Your news is old: Updated:  February 8, 2012, 2:51 am ET NBA PM: Rondo for Gasol a Possibility? Mine is newer and more accurate and from the same sports reporter: Updated:  February 9, 2012, 7:51 pm ET A Few Clarifications on the Gasol/Rondo Story Sorry to burst your pipe dream but the reporter had to clarify the mistake he made the day before. Look at the dates. Just keeping you honest. But the best thing is March 15 will come and we will see if Mr. Wrong was right or not. With your track record I wouldn't feel that confident. Sorry again.
    Calling people out what are you ever right on?  The lakers being mediocre.  You come from under your rock every few days and contribute absolutely nothing. Trying to sell yourself as a reasonable and friendly troll.  Your pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

OK OK I herd you the first time...Maybe I busted your bubble too. Could it be??? hmmmm...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight we got beat by a Bulls team led by CJ Watson, a backup PG, and two D-League PGs, Mike James and John Lucas. REBOUNDING AND INSIDE SCORING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A FLASHY PG!

Fierce, give up now.  Acknowledge the truth.  The Celts shouldn't make any move to compromise the future.  The window is closed.  It will not be opened by exchanging Rondo for a big.  The Celts just can't fit the pieces together on this roster.

Any move should be targeting the future even if it means blowing up the team.  Danny should get whatever he can for Ray & Bass.  I dont believe that KG and PP are tradeable.  Keep Rondo and play the young guys.  Drop into the lottery.

I am ready to signoff on the season.  This is the perfect season to stink.  Next year, use the cap space and high draft picks to build a new roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugot. Show fugot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : Fierce, give up now.  Acknowledge the truth.  The Celts shouldn't make any move to compromise the future.  The window is closed.  It will not be opened by exchanging Rondo for a big.  The Celts just can't fit the pieces together on this roster. Any move should be targeting the future even if it means blowing up the team.  Danny should get whatever he can for Ray & Bass.  I dont believe that KG and PP are tradeable.  Keep Rondo and play the young guys.  Drop into the lottery. I am ready to signoff on the season.  This is the perfect season to stink.  Next year, use the cap space and high draft picks to build a new roster.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

yup, this is the best post so far in essence. The window has closed. time to start over, but not by deluding ourselves one more player will get us to the championships. rondo , jjj, bradley, moore and hopefully jeff green are our core. we need a center,&  a scorer who can get his own shot.     
    love the green, but championships are won in the preseason.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

In Response to Rondo Lovers Seen the Light?:
    [QUOTE]Mike James and John Lucas are D-League players but the Bulls are still able to hang on to the #1 seed in the east.  Why? The Bulls are a very good rebounding and defensive team.  What do the Bulls do that makes them so special? By being fundamentally sound!  Secure the rebound, hit open shots, and play good defense. That's all!

And how many titles have the Bulls won since Jordan left? Including this current group? Yes, they are a solid team.And all the things you said are correct. And you need to be able to do that in the playoffs. But you also need to be able to score consistently.

And when the Bulls go up against elite teams that can play defense as well as score, they struggle. That's what seperates them from the elite teams and why they aren't going to win a title. What this has to do with Rondo (who completely outplayed Rose in the last playoff matchup) is beyond me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce Lover who will NOT ever see the light. Last night Pierce in 37 min. 3 - 11 FG, 1 reb (yes 1 UGH!!!), 10 pts. +/- -4. Tonight 35 min. 6 - 16 FG, 2 rebs (yes 2 UGH!!!) 14 pts., +/- -15 Rondo is playing way better than Pierce and he still wants to trade Rondo, Go figure. Some people don't know what they have till it's gone. Rondo is the best player by far in the Celtics team. Being a Lakers fan I wish the Celtics do trade him. That thing called love, it makes people blind.

Where was this when the c's won 9 out of 10 without rondo??tell us,did u like the c's better with that roll?Yeah rondo is better but he can't win the game by he being better??ball movement,intense D like bradly and moore,.rondo used to be a good defender but now i think he gamble way too much that the backup pg kicked his butt!!!damn i wish danny move him now if he wait till deadline i dont think the c's will make the playoff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notkyceltic. Show notkyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce Lover who will NOT ever see the light. Last night Pierce in 37 min. 3 - 11 FG, 1 reb (yes 1 UGH!!!), 10 pts. +/- -4. Tonight 35 min. 6 - 16 FG, 2 rebs (yes 2 UGH!!!) 14 pts., +/- -15 Rondo is playing way better than Pierce and he still wants to trade Rondo, Go figure. Some people don't know what they have till it's gone. Rondo is the best player by far in the Celtics team. Being a Lakers fan I wish the Celtics do trade him. That thing called love, it makes people blind.

Of course, to the OP, Pierce can do no wrong.  It's always everyone else's fault except for Pierce.   

Pierce is the leader of the team.  He is the #1 option.  He is the go to guy.  If he plays like crap, the team is going to struggle, it's that simple. 

Pierce is suppose to be the Truth?  Well the truth is: when your the leader, everything is your fault.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo Lovers Seen the Light? : And how many titles have the Bulls won since Jordan left? Including this current group? Yes, they are a solid team.And all the things you said are correct. And you need to be able to do that in the playoffs. But you also need to be able to score consistently. And when the Bulls go up against elite teams that can play defense as well as score, they struggle. That's what seperates them from the elite teams and why they aren't going to win a title. What this has to do with Rondo (who completely outplayed Rose in the last playoff matchup) is beyond me.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

That last playoff matchup was almost 3 years ago. Rose went from a Pg who couldn't shoot to an MVP Pg with 3pt range. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

There were 2 plays in the 4th worth pointing out. One was when RR and Wilcox played pick n roll on the right side of the court that ended in a Wilcox slam from a lob from RR. The other was when RR and Wilcox tried the same play, this time Mike James went under the screen to prevent the lob, and RR ended up taking a jumper that missed. RR not considered by opponents as a threat from the outside hurts the offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Would rather trade draft choices and expiring contracts for a big than Rondo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fierce and all your aliases....

no trades!!!  np tweaks!!!!!!  It's time to foreclose on the season and rebuild and in 2-3 years we will be back!!!  GaSoft, Kaman, or Gortat is not the answer.

Oh, flashy PG...aren't Westbrook, Dwill and Rose all flashy?

If you can't see that the window is shut and the house boarded up then your going to be disappointed in April/May.  Keep proposing trades all day and night on BDC, but DA isn't logging on!!!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce and all your aliases.... no trades!!!  np tweaks!!!!!!  It's time to foreclose on the season and rebuild and in 2-3 years we will be back!!!  GaSoft, Kaman, or Gortat is not the answer. Oh, flashy PG...aren't Westbrook, Dwill and Rose all flashy? If you can't see that the window is shut and the house boarded up then your going to be disappointed in April/May.  Keep proposing trades all day and night on BDC, but DA isn't logging on!!!!  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

It's not realistic to think that DA can rebuild this team in 2-3 years. PP will still be here 2 years from now. It took the Pistons and the Lakers a decade to win a championship again.