Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Rajon-Rondo-throws-a-no-look-alley-oop-ov?urn=nba-wp9375

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop

I saw it this morning.....unbelievable no look pass that was right on the money....what I liked about it was the way Rondo just walked up the court...no jumping up and down or fist pumps....then again, I think his way of celebrating is to go into the "cool, no big deal mode"......to each his own....but if he could just learn to consistently hit the "J" and make his free throws he would be top 3 no question....with maybe #1 a given.....we shall see.....a great young talent...it's up to him whether or not he can take it to the top level....nice building block....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Duke,
    I am excited he is healthy and wants to prove he is a top point guard.  If the jump shot still stinks he will take a lot of abuse on this BB if there is season.  I actually look forward to it though because I will miss the NBA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop:
    [QUOTE]Duke, I am excited he is healthy and wants to prove he is a top point guard.  If the jump shot still stinks he will take a lot of abuse on this BB if there is season.  I actually look forward to it though because I will miss the NBA.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Dont see how anyone can expect Rondos jump shot or FT shooting to improve this season for two reasons:

1. He's been playing long enough and nobody has been able to help him improve yet

2. His elbow was bent like a pretzle and how could he be getting much meaningful practices shooting the ball until it healed? Even if he did, see #1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Karl,
    He could be shooting day after day.  It will help.  We will have to see or hopefully see when and if this season starts.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If he can just get better from the ft line it will make a big difference, jump shot or no jump shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop : Dont see how anyone can expect Rondos jump shot or FT shooting to improve this season for two reasons: 1. He's been playing long enough and nobody has been able to help him improve yet 2. His elbow was bent like a pretzle and how could he be getting much meaningful practices shooting the ball until it healed? Even if he did, see #1
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

ESPN's #NBArank currently has Rondo as the 17th best player in the league... behind 5 PGs if my math is correct.

I agree completely. Ranking is just right, not too high, not too low... despite his offensive issues and enigmatic ways. 

Now deal him!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Rondo has great game vision and great athletic skills, but against Miami he was embarrased already prior to his injury. A Cs team with the core players beeing in the twilight of their careers will go nowhere with a PG who is AFRAID to score (at that against a Miami team without at PG).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Yeah I love the celtics but they can no longer go any further with a PG with his skill set. Teams have tried to force him to hit the jumper for years, so that nothing new. I agree with Doc that he should be concentrating on using the lane the d gives him (to shoot) for driving to the hole and creating an opportunity for himself or his team. See Magic Johnson, and Jason Kidd (of old) for perfect examples of this. Neither where ever great shooters but they forced the d to recognized then as a threat to drive and create. Rondo is too predictable and he sometimes over passes the ball to get the stat (I believe). How many times on a fast break is he way ahead of the pack and curiously waits for a teammate to drop the ball off to when it is clear we just need (him to make)the basket (layup)? This def falls under the category of bad shot-selection not really bad shooting in general. Its really frustrating to watch at times, even when the play works out. His decision making questionable when you look at the great passing point guards that is not the case. I would be happy with him improving his (inexcusable) free throwing shooting and decision making, not just shooting the rock to prove a point. BE READY TO SCORE IF PASSING LANE IS NOT AVAILABLE RONDO!! I believe this whe does get to the whole with the intent on scoring when needed to avoid going to the freethrow line. Or trade him please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_IoyBdfpEc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Rondo No-Look-Alley-Oop:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Rajon-Rondo-throws-a-no-look-alley-oop-ov?urn=nba-wp9375
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

It helped having a guy who can jump over the backboard doing the catching (and against what appeared to be high school players).