Rondo Not Returning In January

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Re: Rondo Not Returning In January

I just want to go on record totally supporting Rondo taking as long as it takes to return. If he misses the entire season I am okay with that. He is returnig from a major injury. After what happened to Rose and Coby, I say Rondo take your time.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

ESPN NBA Power Ranking  Marc Stein's take on this matter:

"Double-whammy Sunday for Brad Stevens. Going back to Indy to absorb a 27-point pounding from the Pacers ... that was the easy part. Hearing Rajon Rondo announce he might not be able to come back in January is the bigger blow with the Celts so eager to see those two work together."

Time for Rondo to show up and show the world that he is willing to be coachable for the first time ever.... instead of playing games, ducking, weaving, bobbing, BS'ing until the trading deadline safely passes.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN

When asked if January was realistic for his return, Rondo said, "no." #Celticstalk

[/QUOTE]

I hope if he is not traded, Rondo does not play all year so he does not diminish his trade value. Does anyone really believe he can take the Celts to the next level? He is a headcase and just really never improved his shot, either because it is not a prioity or he knew he was passing to 3 HOFers. By the time the Celts get good enough to contend again via the Rebuild, he will be near 30 and still without a jump shot. He has been a pain in the a $ $ attitude-wise and what makes anyone think he will ever change? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hope if he is not traded, Rondo does not play all year so he does not diminish his trade value. Does anyone really believe he can take the Celts to the next level? He is a headcase and just really never improved his shot, either because it is not a prioity or he knew he was passing to 3 HOFers. By the time the Celts get good enough to contend again via the Rebuild, he will be near 30 and still without a jump shot. He has been a pain in the a $ $ attitude-wise and what makes anyone think he will ever change? 

[/QUOTE]

You have a legit argument.

If Rondo comes back and doesn't play well, for whatever reason, his trade value goes down.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Fierce. I just do not think he is worth a Max contract and that is what it would take to keep him around. He is not a top notch Defender, cannot shoot and probably never will. If that SAC deal was legit, I cannot imagine getting a better deal. Unload him now if possible to avoid the need to overpay him. Again, by the time the C's contend again he will be an overpaid, poor shooting problem child. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The kid's anxious that he's going to be traded once he's back.

Maybe management needs to reassure him for the 1,000th time that "he's the guy."

Pud

[/QUOTE]

wow, that would be the first bit of emotion exhibited since the trading away of clunker perkins. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"wow, that would be the first bit of emotion exhibited since the trading away of clunker perkins. "

Really disappoints me that a fellow Celtic fan would have such hostile feelings towards not one but two key members of our first championship team in 20 years. That's pretty sad.....

Meantime Rondo gets hostility from some in here when he has more than lived up to his draft pick and contract. People attack him here like he was a number one pick on a max contract. He was neither, and has more than lived up to where he was picked, in fact has been one of Ainge's best value picks ever. 

Rondo showed plenty of emotion when he was hurt. Sure he has many flaws and problems but to claim he is not a fierce competitor is just wrong. 

Having said that I expect trader Danny had a chat with Rondo and explained that for the purposes of a better draft position, there was no rush in his return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"wow, that would be the first bit of emotion exhibited since the trading away of clunker perkins. "

Really disappoints me that a fellow Celtic fan would have such hostile feelings towards not one but two key members of our first championship team in 20 years. That's pretty sad.....

Meantime Rondo gets hostility from some in here when he has more than lived up to his draft pick and contract. People attack him here like he was a number one pick on a max contract. He was neither, and has more than lived up to where he was picked, in fact has been one of Ainge's best value picks ever. 

Rondo showed plenty of emotion when he was hurt. Sure he has many flaws and problems but to claim he is not a fierce competitor is just wrong. 

Having said that I expect trader Danny had a chat with Rondo and explained that for the purposes of a better draft position, there was no rush in his return.

[/QUOTE]

Trollspanker. No hostilities, just reality. It really does not matter where he was picked but rather what is best for the Celtics. Just my opinion that he really never got better as a scorer/shooter. I do give him credit that he is competes well but Sir, he has never became a better shooter and I just wonder why or if he ever will be? He is not a great defender and it is only my opinion which overall means nothing but I just think that if he can bring us something nice in a trade for the future, we should move on it. When his contract is up, he will be looking for Max money and he is not a Max Player in my teeny tiny mind. Plus, by the time the Celts are competitive again, he will be nearing 30 and I just do not think he does enough to get Max cash. And for sure, I could care less about sentimental value. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trollspanker. No hostilities, just reality. It really does not matter where he was picked but rather what is best for the Celtics. Just my opinion that he really never got better as a scorer/shooter. I do give him credit that he is competes well but Sir, he has never became a better shooter and I just wonder why or if he ever will be? He is not a great defender and it is only my opinion which overall means nothing but I just think that if he can bring us something nice in a trade for the future, we should move on it. When his contract is up, he will be looking for Max money and he is not a Max Player in my teeny tiny mind. Plus, by the time the Celts are competitive again, he will be nearing 30 and I just do not think he does enough to get Max cash. And for sure, I could care less about sentimental value. 

[/QUOTE]

Some posters in particular like to bring up the canard of RR's drafting position. In reality, he should have been a lottery pick but was probably chosen because of the aforementioned flaws that everyone acknowledges but is always minimized with the ever present, 'but'...

So in effect, these people are satisfied with his apparent satisfaction with the lack of real progress in becoming a viable scoring threat. I can only surmise that Rondo himself believes that he is a late first round talent that cannot overcome expectations or is not driven/ lazy to prove the naysayers wrong. If there's another explanation, I'm all eyes... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I recall Spanky in particular staking his reputation on the notion that Rondo, the supercompetitive athlete that he is, will return to action in record time.

I was skeptical at the time and said so, which was just after the team was blown up and all eyes turned to injured PITA Rondo who seemed to be the most likely next piece to  be discarded.... the next domino to fall in a rebuild mode.

Now Spanky is suggesting that DA has taken him aside and counseled him to slow it down because we want to be lotto-bound?

You've simply got to be kidding me, Spanky.

Trading Rondo for anything more than 10 cents on the dollar cannot happen unless/until he returns to action... and by not returning, he takes that option right out of DA's hands.

Doncha think that DA would prefer to have all of his options available as he tries to scale Rebuild Mountain... including trading Rondo for more than chump change if an attractive deal comes along?

A delay in return to action further diminishes an already diminished asset (Rondo) who apparently doesn't believe that he is the cornerstone of the franchise... nor do I... despite unprecedented efforts by management to keep Rondo's rehab on track (instead of R9R flipping out) by kissing up to him and trying to reassure him that "he's not going anywhere."

This is Rondo in full tilt sabotage mode, doing his sandbagging best to take care of #1... himself.

DA, BBF Stevens and the franchise be damned... sniffs Rondo. Besides it's my team now!!!

How utterly Rondo-ish!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

My stance is that I think Rondo is horrible and I can't wait for him to come back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Apparently the only one not looking forward to Rondo's return with great, GREAT anticipation... is "diva," the artist formerly known as R9R.

You go, gurl!!!

Pud 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

speaking of divas, puddinpuddin, nice sophomore season by your boy, RG3. rondo had a ring his second year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

speaking of divas, puddinpuddin, nice sophomore season by your boy, RG3. rondo had a ring his second year. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

If Rondo plays before he is traded, I believe DA is making a huge mistake. I have said it since the beginning of the preseason, DA has got to trade Rondo before he returns to the game time court. If he doesn't, the risk is too high that he will not prove himself to be as good for two reasons:

1. He doesn't have 3-HOFers anymore to play with,

2. He is a headcase and there is no way of knowing what his state of mind will be upon his return.

HUGE GAMBLE! DA has to trade him once he is proving to be healthy on the practice floor. There are takers out there, gotta be. TOO MUCH RISK otherwise. Rondo's real value now is what others are wiling to give for him. PERIOD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Rondo plays before he is traded, I believe DA is making a huge mistake. I have said it since the beginning of the preseason, DA has got to trade Rondo before he returns to the game time court. If he doesn't, the risk is too high that he will not prove himself to be as good for two reasons:

1. He doesn't have 3-HOFers anymore to play with,

2. He is a headcase and there is no way of knowing what his state of mind will be upon his return.

HUGE GAMBLE! DA has to trade him once he is proving to be healthy on the practice floor. There are takers out there, gotta be. TOO MUCH RISK otherwise. Rondo's real value now is what others are wiling to give for him. PERIOD.

[/QUOTE]

I'm more concerned about Rondo being willing to submit to and passing a physical exam... less so than whether or not he has played.

If a trade grabbed him wrong, he could curl up into the zombie state that he demonstrated after the Perkins trade... and nix, nix, nix it... chop chop.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

I recall Spanky in particular staking his reputation on the notion that Rondo, the supercompetitive athlete that he is, will return to action in record time.

I was skeptical at the time and said so, which was just after the team was blown up and all eyes turned to injured PITA Rondo who seemed to be the most likely next piece to  be discarded.... the next domino to fall in a rebuild mode.

Now Spanky is suggesting that DA has taken him aside and counseled him to slow it down because we want to be lotto-bound?

You've simply got to be kidding me, Spanky.

Trading Rondo for anything more than 10 cents on the dollar cannot happen unless/until he returns to action... and by not returning, he takes that option right out of DA's hands.

Doncha think that DA would prefer to have all of his options available as he tries to scale Rebuild Mountain... including trading Rondo for more than chump change if an attractive deal comes along?

A delay in return to action further diminishes an already diminished asset (Rondo) who apparently doesn't believe that he is the cornerstone of the franchise... nor do I... despite unprecedented efforts by management to keep Rondo's rehab on track (instead of R9R flipping out) by kissing up to him and trying to reassure him that "he's not going anywhere."

This is Rondo in full tilt sabotage mode, doing his sandbagging best to take care of #1... himself.

DA, BBF Stevens and the franchise be damned... sniffs Rondo. Besides it's my team now!!!

How utterly Rondo-ish!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

This is all a fine theory unless DA plans to build around Rondo like he said. DA would then want Rondo to miss as many games a possible to get the best pick with out and go from there. I know your eyes lit up and they made the trade this summer thinking "Man they are going to dump Rondo next". However you continue to sound like a mad man, because you are angry for Rondo not being ready to be traded. You need help dude but that is not here or there. The larger point is if DA wants to build around Rondo like he said, Rondo being out longer helps the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

You are right on the money as always, BoSoxJoe, and thanks for keepin' things real.

Look what was under my Xmas tree this year.

From now on, I'm going to build around R9R too. Promise!

Next year I'd like  a pony and a Rondo FatHead.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

My interpretation of this most wonderous of comments is:

!) Most likely your boy has peaked(in year two).

2)Your boy has reached the pinnacle & can rest on his laurels while collecting a man-sized paycheck.

3) His aspirations can only be salved by earning an all star berth in a legitimate conference( where he will fall woefully short ).

4) His greatest contribution to the team will be in a trade where he will be rewarded with a standing ovation once a year(thus proving my third point).

Much can be read in your profundity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

You are right on the money as always, BoSoxJoe, and thanks for keepin' things real.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

You really need help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

!) Most likely your boy has peaked(in year two).

2)Your boy has reached the pinnacle & can rest on his laurels while collecting a man-sized paycheck.

3) His aspirations can only be salved by earning an all star berth in a legitimate conference( where he will fall woefully short ).

4) His greatest contribution to the team will be in a trade where he will be rewarded with a standing ovation once a year(thus proving my third point).

i'm not really sure what you're saying, shakespeare. try it again less flowery.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

You really need help.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you, Mr. BoSox.  I now agree!

How about this Fathead over my double bunkbed??

I'll sleep on top.... my pony on the bottom.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

You really need help.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you, Mr. BoSox.  I now agree!

How about this Fathead over my double bunkbed??

I'll sleep on top.... my pony on the bottom.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

At this point the bag of coal is prefferable to a non-playing Rondo...the singular value to Rondo NOT playing at this point after getting the ok to practice at full speed is that he has not yet exhibited his moodiness to the new coach and his terrible teammates...once he starts acting out and pulling a full on "RONDO", like others have pointed out, his trade value is greatly diminished

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

!) Most likely your boy has peaked(in year two).

2)Your boy has reached the pinnacle & can rest on his laurels while collecting a man-sized paycheck.

i'm not really sure what you're saying, shakespeare. try it again less flowery.

As much candy and flowers that you exchange w/ your other RR Bobby Soxers(i.e. yourself-37/SNAKE ect...) does in fact make you an excellent horticulturalist(Will would be so proud)! As a basketball critic however, your knowledge(and world) begins & ends w/ Rondo(this bold school's kinda cool)!

To increase your comprehension skills, you may want to start w/ the classic coming of age collection of short stories titled, Thirty-Seven Stories(you're welcome-free press). If you find that you didn't really learn anything new- there's always the Sonnets...You can begin your journey now Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

A lot of assumptions abut how Rondo will be when he comes back.  In all honestly Rondo hasn't done anything aggregious where it was conduct detrimental to the team.  I have not heard of off court issues, no arrests, no domestic violence, and all so-called Celtics fans do is rip him from the comforts of their couch.  Not one critic is a season ticket holder or has stock in the Celtics.  Because if it was that serious, then become a stakeholder and have a voice that really count.  Not hiding behind an IP address.