Rondo out for "weeks"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo out for "weeks"

In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : I would rather pick up a point.  I have seen enough of Bradley to know right now he is no where close to being a point guard.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The Celtics won a championship 3 years ago with a point guard that was nowhere close to being a point guard.

In the last 20 years' championship there have only been two very good point guards leading their teams to championships - the other 16 or 17 championships were won by teams with average at best point guards - 5 Lakers, 6 Bulls, 5 Spurs, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodRunsGreen. Show BloodRunsGreen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Because Doc let rondo play after he got hurt. Thats a mistake from doc. Doc made a mistake by getting rondo in a game after he got hurt.
    Posted by go-to-guy+pp34[/QUOTE]

I think it was Ed Lacerte who cleared Rondo to play after they returned from the locker room.  Doc was just following his advice.  Rondo will heal quickly.  He's young and will be fine.  The younger guys will benefit from the playing time in the interim.

--Blood

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Sorry, I disagree. I think Bradley's defense more than makes up for his inexperience offensively. Playing him a few minutes a game is not going to hurt us. What is going to hurt us is not have Shaq available.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Is it even possible that Bradley is less ready than Rondo was as a rookie?

Bradley should be getting minutes but mostly in garbage time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Is it even possible that Bradley is less ready than Rondo was as a rookie? Bradley should be getting minutes but mostly in garbage time.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

First thing Bradley has to learn is how to dribble. When Rondo was a rookie you rarely see opponents steal the ball from him when he's dribbling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not all that thrilled with the Celtics trainers/doctors anyway... over the past few years we've put players on the floor prematurely coming off injuries..KG prime example.  With Rondo having troubles with his foot, hamstring and now ankle... its no surprise he went down, just a matter of time.

Shaq and JO now getting tons of time to heal, even tho Shaq has played numerous game since his calf injury until it apparently got worse. Thanks again Celtic trainers/docs or w/e

With Rondo and his hamstring... I couldnt see putting him out there until it was 100% healed! Almost every game we kept hearing about Rondos tender hamstring...how its still an issue. Why do the Celtics keep playing these guys? Just stupid or incompetence.. hard to understand

We can win without Rondo or just about any one player.. but to keep them on the court until their injuries get worse or causes a different injury doesnt make sense.. They always seem to do this until the player gets worse...been going on for a couple years now.  Doesnt anyone notice this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo out for "weeks" : Good post. This would be good for both Nate and the team. Defenses won't sag off of Nate, and Nate could get more experience in our system playing as the starter. On another note, Nate has been playing good defense. He played well last night.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Maybe Nate will get enough experience that he will stop with the bonehead plays. I think we can forget about the alley oop for a while too.

As for defenses sagging off Nate. They have been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : The Celtics won a championship 3 years ago with a point guard that was nowhere close to being a point guard. In the last 20 years' championship there have only been two very good point guards leading their teams to championships - the other 16 or 17 championships were won by teams with average at best point guards - 5 Lakers, 6 Bulls, 5 Spurs, etc.

Just exactly what I would predict you to say. Nothing new from you here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Is it even possible that Bradley is less ready than Rondo was as a rookie? Bradley should be getting minutes but mostly in garbage time.

The first time I saw Rondo in his first preseason game it was obvious he was going to be a big star. Bradley isn't anywhere near the talent that Rondo was or is. He will be, perhaps, a utility guard with a defensive specialty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : First thing Bradley has to learn is how to dribble. When Rondo was a rookie you rarely see opponents steal the ball from him when he's dribbling.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a beautiful dribler.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : The first time I saw Rondo in his first preseason game it was obvious he was going to be a big star. Bradley isn't anywhere near the talent that Rondo was or is. He will be, perhaps, a utility guard with a defensive specialty.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Got to give you credit if you recognized Rondo as a star the first time you saw him. I certainly didnt..  I did think he had some intangibles but was also very inconsistent, flip of a coin in my book at the time.

Regarding Bradley, have to agree. Hasnt shown us much to this point. In fact, what he has shown has been bad.  Hes seems very quick & skinny.. wish I had more to add

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : The first time I saw Rondo in his first preseason game it was obvious he was going to be a big star. Bradley isn't anywhere near the talent that Rondo was or is. He will be, perhaps, a utility guard with a defensive specialty.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Bradley is already a better shooter and he already missed the whole summer camp and preseason, etc.

Rondo a big star....... give a dozen other point guards in the league the guys he gets to play with and they are big stars.........  stop the Rond(wh)o crap....  when the TNT experts were asked the other night about Rondo's absence the answer went something like this...... he is playing with Hall of Famers, they will be able to figure out what to do without him.... today before the Indy game Cedric Maxwell said something like "no offense to Rondo but their offense is better without him, he tends to monopolize the ball and their ball movement is much better without him".........

Give me Rose, Jennings, Arenas, Wall, Nelson, Collison, and a whole bunch of others and a whole preseason with Doc and you and your ilk would be saying Rond(wh)o.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Bradley is already a better shooter and he already missed the whole summer camp and preseason, etc. Idiotic   Rondo a big star- You are correct....... give a dozen other point guards in the league the guys he gets to play with and they are big stars.........  stop the Rond(wh)o crap....  when the TNT experts were asked the other night about Rondo's absence the answer went something like this...... he is playing with Hall of Famers, they will be able to figure out what to do without him I can rattle of 10 times announcer/experts rave about him.... today before the Indy game Cedric Maxwell said something like "no offense to Rondo but their offense is better without him, he tends to monopolize the ball and their ball movement is much better without him"  He also thought he was more important than Bird and his famous quote "King won't score 40 on me (just 45)......... Give me Rose, Jennings, Arenas, Wall, Nelson, Collison, and a whole bunch of others and a whole preseason with Doc and you and your ilk would be saying Rond(wh)o.......  Rondo all defensive team and owner of world championship ring.  Enough said.

Mr Cut and Paste

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo out for "weeks" : Mr Cut and Paste
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking I read something like this somewhere before...