Rondo Quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo Quote

Rondo told Davis after the Bulls game, to play every game as if it was his last, to remain humble.  Davis played very well last night in the garden, he and Paul were the only ones playing Celtic defense, both looked for the open man, and both were able to score.  Rondo, who must be still hurting, did not push the ball or play defense.  Ray looked like he was just coasting.  The bigs were fair with Davis turning in some good stops on Scola.  Celts did not take Rockets serious and because of this, they got to watch a shooting clinic, plus some luck on shots.  We need Perk, whom many on this board hate back healthy, and West back soon or a trade for a point.  Daniels has had some good stretches this month and plays very well with the starters.  He should be the point when Rondo is out and he should back up Paul and Ray.  I have lost confidence in Nate at the point, he looks good at times but his decision making and ball IQ leave something to be desired at this level.  With the return of KG and Perk and West , the ship should right itself after an adjustment time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo Quote

In Response to Rondo Quote:
    [QUOTE]Rondo told Davis after the Bulls game, to play every game as if it was his last, to remain humble.  Davis played very well last night in the garden, he and Paul were the only ones playing Celtic defense, both looked for the open man, and both were able to score.  Rondo, who must be still hurting, did not push the ball or play defense.  Ray looked like he was just coasting.  The bigs were fair with Davis turning in some good stops on Scola.  Celts did not take Rockets serious and because of this, they got to watch a shooting clinic, plus some luck on shots.  We need Perk, whom many on this board hate back healthy, and West back soon or a trade for a point.  Daniels has had some good stretches this month and plays very well with the starters.  He should be the point when Rondo is out and he should back up Paul and Ray.  I have lost confidence in Nate at the point, he looks good at times but his decision making and ball IQ leave something to be desired at this level.  With the return of KG and Perk and West , the ship should right itself after an adjustment time.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Where in the world did Rondo learn something about humility?

Before or after stating "I am the best PG in the NBA... no question!!!"

I am speechless.

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

maryngary, I saw a different game than you did.  To me, BBD was playing D and hustling - I agree with you.  But, Paul was out of sorts and gave us very little in Boards and in Offense and in D (3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 fouls, 16 points - not great for our best player!).  Ray and Marquis, however, gave us rebounds (7 each to lead the team!!) and points.  Ray's man wasn't killing us.  It was, again, Rondo's man and Luis Scola, along with the rebounding.  Ray was hustling his a-- off.

For the second game in a row (as well as countless other games where its covered up), Rondo's D is just horrible. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And how do you say the bigs were fair?  We got out rebounded all game long by the smaller Houston Rockets!!!!!  Our bigs were terrible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Baby's perimeter shot has left him.  That's about 3/4 of his offense.

If he cannot bang down low, he's going to have a bizarre NBA career.  A 6"8 PF whose only game is jumpshots?  

Good things happen when they get him on the low block.  When he sets up outside, they lose another rebounder down low. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

BBD gets a pass since he's playing way too many minutes right now. Once KG is back his role will change and his game will improve again. And I don't think lack of hustle is his problem either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

His perimeter shot will return when he gets back into his routine with KG back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

They just played too many games with too many people out.  What you saw was plain cold fatigue and a tired team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Quote:
    [QUOTE]While I didn't see the game last night, I did see the highlights.........I hope that Rondo is still hurt because what I saw in his game was a lack of hustle.  Once the ball got past him he just walked basically to get back on defense.........Why doesn't Doc sit him down like he does any other Celtic who doesn't hustle.  If he is still hurt he should not be playing........like Doc says.......if you are not 100% coming back from an injury you shouldn't be playing.  We have now lost the best record to the Heat and my thoughts are of 2010 going into the All Star break......while the Heat, much to my dismay, are playing very good ball.
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

There is nobody internally that believes Rondo is still hurt as a matter of fact Doc said he thought the first couple of games Rondo was tentative but after the triple double game everyone thought he was back to normal, etc.

Of course the fact that he was playing against the MVP in Rose and then someone who could easily replace him in Brooks, he was simply upstaged.

The Heat are not built for the playoffs, they play tremendous defense and are very opportunistic and have 3 great offensive players but they have no interior defense and will not being to run-at-will and will be forced to run half-court sets and that will not be able to do it successfully.

In my opinion Orlando is more of a threat but when healthy the Cs are still the best and deepest team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo "pep talk" quote reminds me of two more quotes: 1) Thou doth protest too much 2) Do as I say not as I do If I'm Davis I pull a Garnett, get in his face and demand answers to these questions: 1) "Why do you do that stupid, non-value added high dribble on the first possession?  That's going to cost us a turnover in a big game.  Stop looking for attention." 2) "When are you going to stop the selfish act of being an assist hound, and just play basketball.  Turning down wide open breakaways to get a cheap assist is not a good look." Then I'd pull out this article from 2009 and ask him "w t f" 

are you HONESTLY, SERIOUSLY, going to complain about a beginning of game ritual rondo does..really?? im smiling right now bc of the pickyness that gets shown on the board sometimes. thats like saying "KG, stop pounding ur head on the basket post then pounding ur chest while pointing to the crowd before a game. hey ray, stop pointing your finger in the sharp shooter position when you hit big 3 pointers. hey baby, dont dance after a big shot or layup made in a bigtime game." 

i mean seriously, its a ritual that he does EVERY game that doesnt seem to bother anyone but you. im SURE he does it so everyone in the garden looks at him and says "wow, i admire that". its not going to cost us anything bc its perfectly legal. he doesnt grab it till it is underneath his hand. pathetic comment. back to the things that matter..
    i agree that baby is playing way too many minutes, and its affecting him. i think that once kg comes back he will be back in his comfort zone..i also think Rondo completely took the last game off, which is not acceptable but i think most of the team did the same, and doc cant just take the whole team out. least i dont think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Quote : Congratulations, you've proven you can read.....maybe you just didn't have time to read everything.  His "ritual" was such an insignificant part.  The over riding issue is two years later the same defensive deficiencies are present.  They did play a big part in game seven, no?  Or maybe you don't remember totally screwing up the coverage of an aging guard, who couldn't get around you if your sneakers were tied together.  Or maybe you agreed with the articles assessment but just can't bring yourself to say it.  I'm not sure...please clarify... Oh, and by the way, the "ritual" will eventually cause a turnover.  I guess you don't remember last year when Kobe faked going at it causing Rondo to pick up the ball in the backcourt, then needing help since he lost his dribble.  Someone else is just waiting and watching.  If you think one turnover in a potentially big game is "no big deal"....well..... And who said anything about carrying the ball?  If that hasn't been called by now, even you can figure out it won't be (I did a while ago since I was paying attention). I retract part of what I said, you may be able to read...comprehension is another matter.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Jallen, your points about Rondo's defense are valid.  He simply is not staying in front of people and he went long stretches where he did that last year as well and it cost us important possessions.  He is capable, but sometimes he just gets lazy, I believe.

However, your point about his ritual is just picky.  It hasn't cost a turnover and I don't think it will.  Its just his little thing and we shouldn't worry about the unimportant ritual.  Its his thing to get going like Lebron's powder, KG's head, Duncan's squeezing the ball before handing it to the Ref, etc.  Don't worry about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

see my mind might be wandering, but i believe the kobe incident happened while he was rolling the ball up the court like he does to conserve time..not the beginning of game bounce. bc he does it from the back of the court when noones around him. again, if my mind serves me right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Quote : Point taken...Thanks
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

I'll miss tonight's game.  You guys let me know if they brought the energy and if Rondo decides he's going to play with more energy (of course, based on Sac's performance last night, Rondo may not have a test at all!!).  Laughing

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

A lot of those open shots were Rondo just going under the pick, instead of stepping into the player setting a usually moving pick, that would end up in a foul, or get around it.  If you have guys shooting lights out - you just fight over the pick or you might as well just concede points every time you go under the pick it ends up in a great shot for your opponent.  They have this ussue and they don't seem to box out regularly.  Hopefully, they see these issues - and take them seriously enough to address them.  So, there maybe a real value in KG being out as the rest of the team has to learn to elevate their game to a new level.  Once he comes back - then the team might be better.