Rondo Rising

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Rondo Rising

OK, let's say this is Rondo's true breakout year.  He truly matures.  He gives it 100% every game.  He improves his shooting and starts hitting his free throws.  How much of a game changer for the Celtics?  Let's also assume everything goes well this year health-wise for JO, Marquis and the Big 3.  Does Rondo's assension put us back in the contender conversation?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo Rising

We win #18... hands down. Simple as that.

Unlikely senario for Rondo though. Most unlikely.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Brad,
    I'd take all starters health over RR's shooting in a heartbeat. If that happens they have a fighting chance for #18. If you add, say 50% improvements in his FTs and jumpers, I'd put Celtics ahead of the pack.
    Also, be careful talking favorably about RR - anti-Rondo sentiments are in vogue here as of lately.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if rondo can gain some confidence/ability to make the mid range jumper, i think the celts have alot better chance of winning #18 then people think...danny added some high energy guys to if not match the young guys of Mia and Chi skillwise, at least match them in effort, heart, and energy when the celts big 3 is off the floor...the problem with the celts vs Mia last year was they just couldnt keep up with the younger heat players...they needed rest and didnt have a good enough bench to rely on so they could rest...i think that changes this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Rising:
    [QUOTE]Brad, I'd take all starters health over RR's shooting in a heartbeat. If that happens they have a fighting chance for #18. If you add, say 50% improvements in his FTs and jumpers, I'd put Celtics ahead of the pack. Also, be careful talking favorably about RR - anti-Rondo sentiments are in vogue here as of lately. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

The anti-Rondo sentiment at BDC is well deserved.  

And all of that criticism disappears if/when Rondo emulates any one (pick one) of the Big Three in terms of professionalism, dedication to craft and  focus.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Brad, I'd take all starters health over RR's shooting in a heartbeat. If that happens they have a fighting chance for #18. If you add, say 50% improvements in his FTs and jumpers, I'd put Celtics ahead of the pack. Also, be careful talking favorably about RR - anti-Rondo sentiments are in vogue here as of lately. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

I agree that the health of this team is very important.  It would be great to see Rondo improve his shooting just not sure how much he can improve.  Even last season I thought that I read he was being coached by someone and he didn't really improve in this area.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Until Rondo shows he has changed how would anyone come to an opinion that is not anti-Rondo. I hope he proves us all wrong. But consider Doc and Danny have told you in as many words he quit on the team last year and have done everything to try to trade him.  He was also guilty of insubordination as well. That said I hope he proves everyone of us wrong and becomes the best point guard in the NBA this year.

He is deserving of the negative sentiment you are hearing though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Rondo Rising:
    [QUOTE]OK, let's say this is Rondo's true breakout year.  He truly matures.  He gives it 100% every game.  He improves his shooting and starts hitting his free throws.  How much of a game changer for the Celtics?  Let's also assume everything goes well this year health-wise for JO, Marquis and the Big 3.  Does Rondo's assension put us back in the contender conversation?
    Posted by BRADinLA[/QUOTE]
    Sounds great on paper, Brad.
    Of course, we may be starting the season with PP out with a heel bruise.
    One of the problems with being young is it's hard to take criticism to heart.
    One of the problems with getting older is you heal slower.
    What I'm hoping for is making the playoffs, avoiding  Miami and Chicago in the first round, and being healthy and  peaking as a team when we get there.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

His J looks a little smoother..what you think??
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/boston_celtics_rajon_rondos_has_new_jump_shot_for_christmas/8900860

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]OK, let's say this is Rondo's true breakout year.  He truly matures.  He gives it 100% every game.  He improves his shooting and starts hitting his free throws.  How much of a game changer for the Celtics?  Let's also assume everything goes well this year health-wise for JO, Marquis and the Big 3.  Does Rondo's assension put us back in the contender conversation?

Not gonna happen any in anyone's life time! Poor mechanics on his jumper along with the mental damage inflicted on his sour puss attitude means Rondo will always be a wannabe but never a top pg.

Ugh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo Rising : Not gonna happen any in anyone's life time! Poor mechanics on his jumper along with the mental damage inflicted on his sour puss attitude means Rondo will always be a wannabe but never a top pg. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

How'd this PG dream of yours work out for ya?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

heres the link on his jumper
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/myth_vs_reality_rondos_jumper_looks_smoother/8892775

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Rondo can be a game changer as he was in Los Angeles against the Lakers last January we are going to be in the championship discussion.  We should assume nothing until we see Rondo perform and dominate.  I agree that if he shoots over seventy per cent from the line and drives to  the basket to get to the line we will be in the hunt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I love you, Man.

Your question is purely rhetorical.  I love rhetorical questions, why, because the person positing the question most likely already knows the answer.

Rondo haters be dammned.

Rondo is good enough, already, even with last season's stats, to lead us to the championship.

Rondo haters equal self-haters, that's obvious: they are haters anyway, just point them in any direction and they will find something / someone to hate.

Nuff said.

End of story.

-

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If all what you say happens, the C's make it to the NBA finals without question. But lots of things have to go right. Rondo hitting his free throws consistently not likely nor his jump shot. And the aging 3, unless they get adequate rest, will get some injuries. Pierce is already hurting no? But, if Rondo has a break out year, and the bench steps up big time, absolutely they can make it to the finals.

25. This post has been removed.