Rondo Still a Mystery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rondo Still a Mystery

Or is he a paradox inside an enigma.  Your guess is as good as mine. 

Like last night’s game:  how can a player have such a seemingly great game and at the same time have such a deeply flawed game. Just look at the box score:  Rondo had 9 rebounds, (3 offensive), 9 assists, and 10 points, while shooting 35% from the floor – from the line he shot 0%, 0 -2.  He got credited for one turnover and should have received credit for two.  

Looking at his line, it’s a near triple double, a bench mark for a real good performance.  But I saw the game and he did not play that great from what I saw, but what got me most excited was watching him steal rebounds, scratching and clawing his way through the bigs, and the few time he took it straight to the hoop and converted. 

But did he look .. .  tentative, out there at times, befuddled – he looked like that to me.  When Billips was playing 10 to15 feet off him he seemed to not know what to do at times and then sometimes he looked as if he was reluctantly shooting the ball.  Lucky the first couple went down or we would have been in trouble.  Didn't all 10 points come in the first half? 

I've never seen him have so much trouble finishing at the hoop as recently, and I wonder if it’s because Doc is urging him to take it in more, whereas Rondo usually gets those on break-a-ways or else takes them when they are there in the flow of the game.  Maybe now he is being asked to be more aggressive and to create more, so the trouble finishing is when he’s out of his comfort zone and trying to force it.

Doc basically put the ball in Ray's hands starting the 2nd qtr and on into the 3rd.  I know it was partly to get Ray involved as he had no shot attempts in the 1st qtr, but was there some other reason behind it as well?

There were times when Rondo was walking the ball up or else slowing down at the 3 pt line when there should have been a constant effort to push the ball up the court before the defense sets.  That would help negate the strategy of Billips sagging off Rondo.

Rondo’s body language and his facial expressions tell another story.  I don’t know what’s troubling this great young man.  Was Perk being traded so utterly devastating to him that it affected his entire game?  I read that they were as close as brothers.  I wonder if he reads too much press.  I hope he never reads these types of discussion boards. 

Rondo remains a great point guard, and when he has it all going on he is unique among point guards.  Once he gets through this troubled time I think he will break through his shooting woes from distance and from the line.  So much of that is mental.  And I think of lot of his problems now are mental. 

I love how KG gave Rondo hugs and many kisses to the top of his head after last night’s win.  Maybe love is all he needs, but I hope his needs are being taken seriously and the whole team is involved in getting him on track.  It’s a delicate situation.

I still believe, as many others do, as goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.  

I think he has yet to flip the switch, but I have a feeling that it’s coming.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/2011/04/rondo-still-mystery.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo Still a Mystery

In Response to Rondo Still a Mystery:
    [QUOTE]Or is he a paradox inside an enigma.   Your guess is as good as mine.   Like last night’s game:   how can a player have such a seemingly great game and at the same time have such a deeply flawed game.   Just look at the box score:   Rondo had 9 rebounds, (3 offensive), 9 assists, and 10 points, while shooting 35% from the floor – from the line he shot0%, 0 -2.   He got credited for one turnover and should have received credit for two.    Looking at his line, it’s a near triple double, a bench mark for a real good performance.   But I saw the game and he did not play that great from what I saw, but what got me most excited was watching him steal rebounds, scratching and clawing his way through the bigs, and the few time he took it straight to the hoop and converted.   But did he look .. .   tentative, out there at times, befuddled – he looked like that to me.   When Billips was playing 10 to15 feet off him he seemed to not know what to do at times and then sometimes he looked as if he was reluctantly shooting the ball.   Lucky the first couple went down or we would have been in trouble.   Didn't all 10 points come in the first half?   I've never seen him have so much trouble finishing at the hoop as recently, and I wonder if it’s because Doc is urging him to take it no more, when Rondo usually gets those on break-a-ways or else takes them when they are there in the flow of the game.   Maybe now he is being asked to be more aggressive and to create more so the trouble finishing is when he’s out of his comfort zone and trying to force it. Doc basically put the ball in Ray's hands starting the 2nd qtr and on into the 3rd.  I know it was partly to get Ray involved as he had no shot attempts in the 1st qtr, but was there some other reason behind it as well? There were times when Rondo was walking the ball up or else slowing up at the 3 pt line when there should have been a constant effort to push the ball up the court before the defense sets.   That would help negate the strategy of Billips sagging off Rondo.   Rondo’s body language and his facial expressions tell another story.   I don’t know what’s troubling this great young man.   Was Perk being traded so utterly devastating to him that it affected his entire game?   I read that they were as close as brothers.   I wonder if he reads too much press.   I hope he never reads these types of discussion boards.   Rondo remains a great point guard, and when he has it all going on he is unique among point guards.   Once he gets through this troubled time I think he will break through his shooting woes from distance and from the line.   So much of that is mental.   And I think of lot of his problems now are mental.   I love how KG gave Rondo hugs and many kisses to the top of his head after last night’s win.   Maybe love is all he needs, but I hope his needs are being taken seriously and the whole team is involved in getting him on track.   It’s a delicate situation. I still believe, as many others do, as goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.    I think he has yet to flip the switch, but I have a feeling that it’s coming. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/2011/04/rondo-still-mystery.html
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Maybe some group therapy might help.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Still a Mystery:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo Still a Mystery : Maybe some group therapy might help. Pud

Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

-

Well, he's in the right group -- now who's gonna supply the therapy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Or is he a paradox inside an enigma.   Your guess is as good as mine.   Like last night’s game:   how can a player have such a seemingly great game and at the same time have such a deeply flawed game.   Just look at the box score:   Rondo had 9 rebounds, (3 offensive), 9 assists, and 10 points, while shooting 35% from the floor – from the line he shot0%, 0 -2.   He got credited for one turnover and should have received credit for two.    Looking at his line, it’s a near triple double, a bench mark for a real good performance.   But I saw the game and he did not play that great from what I saw, but what got me most excited was watching him steal rebounds, scratching and clawing his way through the bigs, and the few time he took it straight to the hoop and converted.   But did he look .. .   tentative, out there at times, befuddled – he looked like that to me.   When Billips was playing 10 to15 feet off him he seemed to not know what to do at times and then sometimes he looked as if he was reluctantly shooting the ball.   Lucky the first couple went down or we would have been in trouble.   Didn't all 10 points come in the first half?   I've never seen him have so much trouble finishing at the hoop as recently, and I wonder if it’s because Doc is urging him to take it no more, when Rondo usually gets those on break-a-ways or else takes them when they are there in the flow of the game.   Maybe now he is being asked to be more aggressive and to create more so the trouble finishing is when he’s out of his comfort zone and trying to force it. Doc basically put the ball in Ray's hands starting the 2nd qtr and on into the 3rd.  I know it was partly to get Ray involved as he had no shot attempts in the 1st qtr, but was there some other reason behind it as well? There were times when Rondo was walking the ball up or else slowing up at the 3 pt line when there should have been a constant effort to push the ball up the court before the defense sets.   That would help negate the strategy of Billips sagging off Rondo.   Rondo’s body language and his facial expressions tell another story.   I don’t know what’s troubling this great young man.   Was Perk being traded so utterly devastating to him that it affected his entire game?   I read that they were as close as brothers.   I wonder if he reads too much press.   I hope he never reads these types of discussion boards.   Rondo remains a great point guard, and when he has it all going on he is unique among point guards.   Once he gets through this troubled time I think he will break through his shooting woes from distance and from the line.   So much of that is mental.   And I think of lot of his problems now are mental.   I love how KG gave Rondo hugs and many kisses to the top of his head after last night’s win.   Maybe love is all he needs, but I hope his needs are being taken seriously and the whole team is involved in getting him on track.   It’s a delicate situation. I still believe, as many others do, as goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.    I think he has yet to flip the switch, but I have a feeling that it’s coming. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/2011/04/rondo-still-mystery.html

There is no realistic or objective observer on the planet that view Rondo as a mystery.  Only on BDC could Rondo be considered a mystery.

The things I heard last night went somethine like this..... the Knicks are able to play 5 against 4 on defense because they don't have to guard Rondo, the Knicks are able to pack the paint because they don't have to guard Rondo..... only on BDC can those things be construed as positive - Rondo doesn't need to score as long as he plays his role, there is plenty of scoring, etc...... they won by two points against a team that plays no defense and every time Ray Allen had the ball in his hands Rondo called for the ball and Ray laughed his a ss off and moved the ball to keep it away from Rondo because he knew it was a wasted possession....

Mystery......absolutely not to me... I have been saying for 5 years that he is a fraud and most cannot quite figure it out but periodically figure some of it out but cannot admit it or accept it......  how about clanging two free throws creating two offensive rebounds... how about just being like a point guard and walking up and making both of them and taking pressure off your offense, how about just making routine jumpers and not have the lousy defensive team sag into the paint and cripple your offense, how about priding yourself on passing and routinely throwing it away, Billups knocked down a big 3 near the end and there is not one honest person on this board that could honestly say "I am so glad Rondo cannot even comprehend doing that"...... guess what, Rondo cannot even remotely comprehend doing that......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOT

p.s. looking back at the young point guards that played in the playoffs over the weekend.... it is not even a remote stretch to state fairly emphatically that Rondo was by far the worst.... Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Felton, Conley Jr., Parker, Nelson, oh and a couple of older ones as well - Kidd and Miller....... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I think Rondo remains a mystery to many of us in that, especially lately, you don't know which Rondo is going to show up or how he's going to perform.

I agree with the consensus that Rondo has a unique skill set, but I'm not really interested in comparing him to other pt guards with a more conventional set of skills.

Rondo may be a flawed point guard, but he's our point guard, and he makes things interesting and is fun to watch, despite at times being very frustrating to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Dude, rondo sucked versus the knicks. He was olympically ignored by every defender and he made a lot of bad decissions.

Don't kid yourself, he is a liability and will cost us a few games -hopefully not a lot- in this playoffs.

More than a mystery, he's painful to watch when they ignore him to clog the paint or double team Ray and Paul.

Danny should have gotten rid of him a while ago...!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]- I think rondo remains a mystery to many of us in that, especially lately, you don't know which Rondo is going to show up or how he's going to perform. I agree with the consensus that Rondo has a unique skill set, but I'm not really interested in comparing him to other pt guards with a more conventional set of skills. Rondo may be a flawed point guard, but he's our point guard, and he makes things interesting and is fun to watch, despite at times being very frustrating to watch.
    You`ve brought the vampires out of their coffins.Rondo does some things well,others not so much.Overall he`s an asset. He got us the ball repeatedly last nite by stealing rebounds from the bigs and pressure defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Rondo Still a Mystery : [QUOTE]Or is he a paradox inside an enigma.   Your guess is as good as mine.   Like last night’s game:   how can a player have such a seemingly great game and at the same time have such a deeply flawed game.   Just look at the box score:   Rondo had 9 rebounds, (3 offensive), 9 assists, and 10 points, while shooting 35% from the floor – from the line he shot0%, 0 -2.   He got credited for one turnover and should have received credit for two.    Looking at his line, it’s a near triple double, a bench mark for a real good performance.   But I saw the game and he did not play that great from what I saw, but what got me most excited was watching him steal rebounds, scratching and clawing his way through the bigs, and the few time he took it straight to the hoop and converted.   But did he look .. .   tentative, out there at times, befuddled – he looked like that to me.   When Billips was playing 10 to15 feet off him he seemed to not know what to do at times and then sometimes he looked as if he was reluctantly shooting the ball.   Lucky the first couple went down or we would have been in trouble.   Didn't all 10 points come in the first half?   I've never seen him have so much trouble finishing at the hoop as recently, and I wonder if it’s because Doc is urging him to take it no more, when Rondo usually gets those on break-a-ways or else takes them when they are there in the flow of the game.   Maybe now he is being asked to be more aggressive and to create more so the trouble finishing is when he’s out of his comfort zone and trying to force it. Doc basically put the ball in Ray's hands starting the 2nd qtr and on into the 3rd.  I know it was partly to get Ray involved as he had no shot attempts in the 1st qtr, but was there some other reason behind it as well? There were times when Rondo was walking the ball up or else slowing up at the 3 pt line when there should have been a constant effort to push the ball up the court before the defense sets.   That would help negate the strategy of Billips sagging off Rondo.   Rondo’s body language and his facial expressions tell another story.   I don’t know what’s troubling this great young man.   Was Perk being traded so utterly devastating to him that it affected his entire game?   I read that they were as close as brothers.   I wonder if he reads too much press.   I hope he never reads these types of discussion boards.   Rondo remains a great point guard, and when he has it all going on he is unique among point guards.   Once he gets through this troubled time I think he will break through his shooting woes from distance and from the line.   So much of that is mental.   And I think of lot of his problems now are mental.   I love how KG gave Rondo hugs and many kisses to the top of his head after last night’s win.   Maybe love is all he needs, but I hope his needs are being taken seriously and the whole team is involved in getting him on track.   It’s a delicate situation. I still believe, as many others do, as goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.    I think he has yet to flip the switch, but I have a feeling that it’s coming. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/2011/04/rondo-still-mystery.html Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOT p.s. looking back at the young point guards that played in the playoffs over the weekend.... it is not even a remote stretch to state fairly emphatically that Rondo was by far the worst.... Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Felton, Conley Jr., Parker, Nelson, oh and a couple of older ones as well - Kidd and Miller....... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I totally agree with you read my post on Rondo and other PGs forum.  I think Kenny Anferson was better than rondo when he played for us and could do a better job with our current team.  I also posted that Andre Miller and  the ancient Jkidd are playing better

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, rondo sucked versus the knicks. He was olympically ignored by every defender and he made a lot of bad decissions. Don't kid yourself, he is a liability and will cost us a few games -hopefully not a lot- in this playoffs. More than a mystery, he's painful to watch when they ignore him to clog the paint or double team Ray and Paul. Danny should have gotten rid of him a while ago...!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with u.  Lets play Dwest more at least he can shoot and make Fts.  All rondo has is speed and quickness but can not shoot    sorry   this is our team and maybe he does not care or wants to be here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Many times hes too hesitant to shoot, then takes the shot in an "ah shucks, I guess I have to"  kinda way.  Thats not good. Thats not shooting the ball in rhythm & with confidence. Its gonna effect his shot.

Interesting though is the San Antonio game. Rondo shot well from the perimeter. He took most of those shots freely, without hesitation.... but now hes back to the bad mojo.

Thats whats so confusing about this kid. His bad habits just never seem to get broken for more than a game or 2... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I believe Rondo was feeling his way around game 1.  He def. should have had an advantage attacking the rim, but was hesitant for some reason.  He should be feelign good, but who knows about his ailments. I expect him to watch the film and come out better tonight.

So far as the enigma of having a near triple double but still look like he was average.  I look at like this.  Rondo needs to always have the mentality to shoot if open...but its a concerted effort not always displayed.  Against the Spurs he was clearly aware of his need to shoot, the other night, he only shot them after trying a while to find someone.  he is effective when he shoots right away, and doesnt think.  So when he passes up shots, it messes up our flow, IMO and gives us stupid 3 second violations and 24 sec. shot clock voilations...His team expects him to shoot those, and part of it may be , he doesnt want to take the 20 shots given to him....and I dont either...just needs to be more ball movement and less standing around stagnated....if you pass more than 4 or 5 times, this defense is done...He will be better tonight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo Still a Mystery : [QUOTE]Or is he a paradox inside an enigma.   Your guess is as good as mine.   Like last night’s game:   how can a player have such a seemingly great game and at the same time have such a deeply flawed game.   Just look at the box score:   Rondo had 9 rebounds, (3 offensive), 9 assists, and 10 points, while shooting 35% from the floor – from the line he shot0%, 0 -2.   He got credited for one turnover and should have received credit for two.    Looking at his line, it’s a near triple double, a bench mark for a real good performance.   But I saw the game and he did not play that great from what I saw, but what got me most excited was watching him steal rebounds, scratching and clawing his way through the bigs, and the few time he took it straight to the hoop and converted.   But did he look .. .   tentative, out there at times, befuddled – he looked like that to me.   When Billips was playing 10 to15 feet off him he seemed to not know what to do at times and then sometimes he looked as if he was reluctantly shooting the ball.   Lucky the first couple went down or we would have been in trouble.   Didn't all 10 points come in the first half?   I've never seen him have so much trouble finishing at the hoop as recently, and I wonder if it’s because Doc is urging him to take it no more, when Rondo usually gets those on break-a-ways or else takes them when they are there in the flow of the game.   Maybe now he is being asked to be more aggressive and to create more so the trouble finishing is when he’s out of his comfort zone and trying to force it. Doc basically put the ball in Ray's hands starting the 2nd qtr and on into the 3rd.  I know it was partly to get Ray involved as he had no shot attempts in the 1st qtr, but was there some other reason behind it as well? There were times when Rondo was walking the ball up or else slowing up at the 3 pt line when there should have been a constant effort to push the ball up the court before the defense sets.   That would help negate the strategy of Billips sagging off Rondo.   Rondo’s body language and his facial expressions tell another story.   I don’t know what’s troubling this great young man.   Was Perk being traded so utterly devastating to him that it affected his entire game?   I read that they were as close as brothers.   I wonder if he reads too much press.   I hope he never reads these types of discussion boards.   Rondo remains a great point guard, and when he has it all going on he is unique among point guards.   Once he gets through this troubled time I think he will break through his shooting woes from distance and from the line.   So much of that is mental.   And I think of lot of his problems now are mental.   I love how KG gave Rondo hugs and many kisses to the top of his head after last night’s win.   Maybe love is all he needs, but I hope his needs are being taken seriously and the whole team is involved in getting him on track.   It’s a delicate situation. I still believe, as many others do, as goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.    I think he has yet to flip the switch, but I have a feeling that it’s coming. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/2011/04/rondo-still-mystery.html Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOT p.s. looking back at the young point guards that played in the playoffs over the weekend.... it is not even a remote stretch to state fairly emphatically that Rondo was by far the worst.... Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Felton, Conley Jr., Parker, Nelson, oh and a couple of older ones as well - Kidd and Miller....... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what u said Dudd.  I cant beleive that after having a week off though, that his foot doesnt feel good, most I can say is maybe the P.F. was tight in his first game back.  I fully expected to see the 100 mph Rondo...so maybe, hopefully his foot his good, cuz there is no excuse tonight for him not to go hard against Billups or Douglas..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Many times hes too hesitant to shoot, then takes the shot in an "ah shucks, I guess I have to"  kinda way.  Thats not good. Thats not shooting the ball in rhythm & with confidence. Its gonna effect his shot. Interesting though is the San Antonio game. Rondo shot well from the perimeter. He took most of those shots freely, without hesitation.... but now hes back to the bad mojo. Thats whats so confusing about this kid. His bad habits just never seem to get broken for more than a game or 2... 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what it is, IMO.  Playign b-ball, whenever I played with non shooter I would always try to pass to them on time and tell them to go right into the shot after the catch without hesitating, and I have made pretty good shooters out of bricklayers using that method and encouragment...Some games Rondo does it, but mostly he hesitates and said, oh well, but that split second wait, is where u lose ur flow and confidence in ur stroke..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I didn't think this would be a bash Rondo thread:  there are other threads on the board to bash him:  there are other threads on the board to compare him to other point guards. Neither bashing Rondo nor comparing him interest me in the least, and that is why I'm not posting and arguing on those threads:  this thread was written to take another approach, one that neither bashes Rondo nor compares him to other pt. guards -- there are other threads for that.  This thread was meant to be related to reality, the here and now, the "this is what we got" reality.

Rondo is the point guard we have, and we are reliant on him to get us to the finals.

Bashing him nor comparing him serves no purpose towards our goal of winning a title, something that is well within our reach if Rondo and the rest of the team play up to their potential.

This thread's approach is more about the mental aspect of Rondo's game and  maybe the mental plus injury factor, if in fact injuries are playing a role in his decreased productivity since the Perk trade. 

Despite the fact that I think Rondo is the most responsible for our poor performance since the trade, I'm still a Rondo supporter, still a fan, and I'm still pulling for him to rise out of his funk and begin playing again with confidence and a purpose.

For instance, if he was constantly pushing the ball up the court at every opportunity, even after made baskets, the way the coaching staff wants him to do, then playing off him would not be such an attractive defensive stratedgy for opponents, they would not be in their defensive set, and Rondo would be finding open men on the fly for easy shots and he would get more layups himself.

This one simple adjustment would change things drastically for Rondo and for the entire team.  I just can't understand why it isn't being implemented by Rondo and by the entire team.

It's what Doc is telling them to do during every time out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, rondo sucked versus the knicks. He was olympically ignored by every defender and he made a lot of bad decissions. Don't kid yourself, he is a liability and will cost us a few games -hopefully not a lot- in this playoffs. More than a mystery, he's painful to watch when they ignore him to clog the paint or double team Ray and Paul. Danny should have gotten rid of him a while ago...!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

He sucked?!? Nine assists, nine rebounds, one turnover in 43 minutes ... I'll take that from my point guard any day.

Actually, Rondo is the least mysterious player on the team to me. I know every game that he'll play hard, he'll distribute the ball, he'll attack the basket, and miss wide-open jumpers. To use the old cliche, it is what it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is a mystery was a bad thread title for a positive one.  Rondo haters never tire of berating him.  The fact is as you mentioned Rondo is not driving to the basket as he used to.  He seemed like the fastest driver to the basket in the league. He often punctuated his moves with powerful dunks.  His drives now our usually lay ups which he manages to get up and under taller defenders.  His accuracy is not nearly as good as it was.  It speaks to a less aggressive spirit he now has. I hope he gets his mojo back and shuts the haters up.  Although they will never admit they were wrong to begin with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]- I think Rondo remains a mystery to many of us in that, especially lately, you don't know which Rondo is going to show up or how he's going to perform. I agree with the consensus that Rondo has a unique skill set, but I'm not really interested in comparing him to other pt guards with a more conventional set of skills. Rondo may be a flawed point guard, but he's our point guard, and he makes things interesting and is fun to watch, despite at times being very frustrating to watch.

Wow... that may be a new unique way of stating it...... "Rondo has a unique skill set"......  good smoke screen that means.....drum roll please..... Rondo has a unique skill set that means he can do some of the things that every single point guard in the league is required to do and many of the things that they can't......  that is pretty unique.....

in other words, if there are 7 facets to the position - Rondo does what all the other point guards do in 4 of those facets and cannot do any of the other 3 nearly as well as his worst peers......  that is unique.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Like I said, I'm not interested in bashing Rondo or comparing him to other point guards.  There are other threads for that.

I predicted that Rondo was soon to flip the switch and that it would be in Game 2.  What an outstanding game he had tonight, carrying his team, and yes, doing what I've been calling for, pushing the ball up, pushing the pace.  Go Rondo!

He is our Celtics point guard, and I'm willing to support him and ride his talents all the way to the finals. 

All this other empty rhetoric, bashing him and comparing him, is just that . . empty rhetoric.  We only have one starting poing guard -- Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]The whole team is a mystery, frankly.

Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

-

I don't think Billips being out contributed to Rondo's great game. 

Rondo's great game resulted from the Celtics relentlessly pushing the ball up court quickly, pushing the pace, getting the ball down court before the Knicks could get into their halfcourt defense.

Pushing the ball up this way negates the stratedgy of playing off of Rondo.

When the C's had their 11 pt lead, they got into walking the ball up and Paul felt he had gotten hot and started playing a little "hero ball" which is were the C's lost momemtum and the Knicks again made it a game.

The Celtics lost the lead then righted the ship when Rondo began getting layups and getting the ball into the teeth of the defense again before they were set.

If we got Game one because of JO, we got Game two because of Rondo.

No mystery there.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo Still a Mystery : - I don't think Billips being out contributed to Rondo's great game.  Rondo's great game resulted from the Celtics relentlessly pushing the ball up court quickly, pushing the pace, getting the ball down court before the Knicks could get into their halfcourt defense. Pushing the ball up this way negates the stratedgy of playing off of Rondo. When the C's had their 11 pt lead, they got into walking the ball up and Paul felt he had gotten hot and started playing a little "hero ball" which is were the C's lost momemtum and the Knicks again made it a game. The Celtics lost the lead then righted the ship when Rondo began getting layups and getting the ball into the teeth of the defense again before they were set. If we got Game one because of JO, we got Game two because of Rondo. No mystery there. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

Fast break points account for about 15% of the game, of course that is different than running but I think executing in the half court offense - especially in the playoffs - is what defines a point guard.

I am wondering if they very simply do just enough to win.  One could argue that had Billups been there and Amare not leave then a 3 point win would have been a 15 point loss... or they simply play down to the competition.... tough to figure.

Either way I think it behooves the Cs to finish this as quickly as possible because I don't see the 6ers putting up much resistance to the Heat and I am not sure we want to see a fresh and rested Heat team after limping into Miami after 6 or 7 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In game 2 Doc put Rondo iso'ed on/near the post where he belongs against smaller guards and it worked quite well with no mystery. And, I loved his defensive chameo on Melo, got in his face and nearly caught some elbows for his efforts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In game 2 Doc put Rondo iso'ed on/near the post where he belongs against smaller guards and it worked quite well with no mystery. And, I loved his defensive chameo on Melo, got in his face and nearly caught some elbows for his efforts.

Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

-

I too loved Rondo's "defensive cameo on Mello" futball, he gave him fits and nearly stole the ball.

Doc's plan worked out last night but he wasn't happy with the execution or the close outcome.

The mystery to me is why don't the C's push the ball up quickly on every possession as that is how they have their best success, especially when the D chooses to, not just sag off Rondo, but play off him by 10 feet or more.

Pushing the pace negates that tactic.  I'm not talking about fast-breaks, just pushing it up fast enough so they can't get their defense set.  Isolating Rondo in the low post or him setting pics for one of our shooters also does the same thing out of the half court offense.

I agree with Dudder, we need to end this in 4 or 5.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/