Rondo to get the opportunity to be the star/leader that he has wanted to be

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Rondo to get the opportunity to be the star/leader that he has wanted to be

Rajon Rondo enters the 2013-14 season with the first great opportunity to be the star/leader of the Celtics that it has seemed that he has always wanted.

With Pierce and Garnett traded, the roster not complete and no other already proven leaders, not even a head coach in place it is time for Rondo to fish or cut bait.

He has clearly wanted to be in charge of things for his entire career.  Now with Doc, Pierce and Garnett gone he will surely get the greatest opportunity to take complete charge of this/his team.

He will need to make some changes in his approach, grow up some, become the leader that he thinks he should have been already and lead his young team and solidify his team around the new coach.

He will never get such a golden opportunity in his NBA career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Rondo to get the opportunity to be the star/leader that he has wanted to be

You're right we will see how good Rondo is. My biggest fear about that is does he try to come too soon and get reinjured? If that happens we're FUBARed. I've Jeff Greens biggest fan since he got here we will also see if he is as good as I think he is or as inconsistent as others think. Same with Avery Bradley.

It will be definately wierd seeing Paul Pierce in a nits uni, who knows after this season is up he resigns with us for one last lap. KG was great while he was here and I think he has 2 years left as a very good player or he could have the problems with physically breaking down the second half of the season. He waived his no trade clause because now there is no buy out and he is able to get every dime of his contract which wasn't the case here.

I said before w/o PP and KG we get in the playoffs again I'll see if my faith in some players not named Pierce,Garnett are justified. I don't think this is the last deal that is done in the off season . Wallace has a lot left on his contract and last year was his worst as a player but, he is a willing defender, very active player on both ends and hopefully has a chip on shoulder motivating him to prove people wrong. In 2012 he avg 15 pts 6 rbs,3 assts and 1.5 steals. Humpty Dumpty,I hope will be gone before the season starts for 2 reasons, 1st he's azz and secondly his 12 mil dollar contract will be a big chip for anyone planning an instant upgrade in the big 14 FA class.

If nothing else DA will see how far RR,JG and AB can take a team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo to get the opportunity to be the star/leader that he has wanted to be

I could easily see Rondo reaching out to the Globetrotters for a gig when he realizes that his NBA career is on the serious decline.

He'd be quite a draw there and it would be more to his skillset/liking/temperament.

Pud