Rondo to Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo to Lakers

Would you trade Rondo to the Lakers for the Lakers 2014 first rd choice and Steve Nash?  Nash would just be to make the money work.  If the Lakers 2014 first round choice is a top 5 selection, I would do this trade.  I believe there is a very real possibility the Lakers will end up with a top 5 choice this year.  Let's hear it, fellers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Rondo to Lakers

Would I trade Rondo for a top 5 pick?  In this draft, Yes.    

But the Lakers are hovering around 10th worst and top 5 would have to be guarenteed (ie, trade after the season).  

and Nash for Rondo doesn't work financially

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Would I trade Rondo for a top 5 pick?  In this draft, Yes.    

But the Lakers are hovering around 10th worst and top 5 would have to be guarenteed (ie, trade after the season).  

and Nash for Rondo doesn't work financially

Well, Nash is at 9 million for this year and next.  Rondo's in the 11-12 million range, so, yes, we'd probably have to take back another contract, but it's not an huge difference.  Lakers are like two wins out of a top 5 pick right now.  They are horrible and play out west, which means they will play a higher quality of team more frequently than the eastern conference teams.  I do not think it makes much sense for Kobe to come back this year either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would do it for a top 5 pick.........but, and I hate to say it, but unless LAL trades Gasol for garbage, they will be better once Bean returns!

Probably still in the lottery, but not in the top 5!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I would do it for a top 5 pick.........but, and I hate to say it, but unless LAL trades Gasol for garbage, they will be better once Bean returns!

I would not as I think we would be playing with fire. Kobe comes back and you toss in Rondo and they would make a run at the Playoffs for sure. The pick would go from Lottery to the Teens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would not as I think we would be playing with fire. Kobe comes back and you toss in Rondo and that whey would make a run at the Playoffs for sure. The pick would go from Lottery to the Teens.

[/QUOTE]

I think we were assuming once the season ended........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would not as I think we would be playing with fire. Kobe comes back and you toss in Rondo and that whey would make a run at the Playoffs for sure. The pick would go from Lottery to the Teens.

[/QUOTE]

I think we were assuming once the season ended........

[/QUOTE]

My bad Hedley and I have not even started drinking yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would have to be after the season.  It doesn't make any sense for Kobe to return this year.  I have to think Laker management is telling him that.  If the Lakers end up with a top 5 pick, this trade would make alot of sense for both teams.  Lakers will be looking to add both LeBron and Melo in the offseason.  They can sign a guy like Pierce for the mid level exception.  They can resign Gasol to whatever the like afterwards.  Why would they need a top 5 pick?  A veteran all star point guard would be exactly what they need.  2 lottery picks in this year's draft would be exactly what the Celtics need.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would have to be after the season.  It doesn't make any sense for Kobe to return this year.  I have to think Laker management is telling him that.  If the Lakers end up with a top 5 pick, this trade would make alot of sense for both teams.  Lakers will be looking to add both LeBron and Melo in the offseason.  They can sign a guy like Pierce for the mid level exception.  They can resign Gasol to whatever the like afterwards.  Why would they need a top 5 pick?  A veteran all star point guard would be exactly what they need.  2 lottery picks in this year's draft would be exactly what the Celtics need.

[/QUOTE]

If you are looking at it that way, then no way. I do not want to help the Lakers {Minnesota or LA..LOL} get that 17th Title.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you are looking at it that way, then no way. I do not want to help the Lakers {Minnesota or LA..LOL} get that 17th Title.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind handing them a title if it sets the Celtics up for multiple titles.  They are going to rebuild quicker than us anyways, so why not get some help from them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind handing them a title if it sets the Celtics up for multiple titles.  They are going to rebuild quicker than us anyways, so why not get some help from them.

[/QUOTE]

Becasue that might hand them several Titles and we are banking on a draft choice that may or may not turn out good. Not trying to a jerk tee but I want them in the rear view mirror. They will be able to get back into contention before the C's do but I just would not want to hand them Rondo for a "what if".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

rondo, bass and gw for gasol, nash and 2014 1st rd

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Becasue that might hand them several Titles and we are banking on a draft choice that may or may not turn out good. Not trying to a jerk tee but I want them in the rear view mirror. They will be able to get back into contention before the C's do but I just would not want to hand them Rondo for a "what if".

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is 28 and coming off an injury.  He will soon be demanding a max length contract before the Celtics are even close to contention.  This contract will further hinder the Celtics ability to compete.  I know the draft is not a sure thing, but I would take this gamble.  You would rather them have Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Pierce, Gasol and Marcus Smart, Wiggins, Exum, or Parker cause that is what it will be if they have a top 5 pick.  Whether we do this deal or not, the Lakers immediate future is FAR brighter than the Celtics.  I know you are not being a jerk and, yes, I hate the Lakers as much as you, but sometimes you have to hold your nose. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no - we don't need two lottery picks this year and we'll have our own top five pick because we stink. 

Lakers don't want Rondo anyhow, he's a very bad fit with Kobe, both guys need the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is 28 and coming off an injury.  He will soon be demanding a max length contract before the Celtics are even close to contention.  This contract will further hinder the Celtics ability to compete.  I know the draft is not a sure thing, but I would take this gamble.  You would rather them have Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Pierce, Gasol and Marcus Smart, Wiggins, Exum, or Parker cause that is what it will be if they have a top 5 pick.  Whether we do this deal or not, the Lakers immediate future is FAR brighter than the Celtics.  I know you are not being a jerk and, yes, I hate the Lakers as much as you, but sometimes you have to hold your nose. 

[/QUOTE]

I would rather see LeBron go back to Cleveland or stay in Miami, don't care about Melo and bring P2 back to Boston to close out his career. Gasol is about done anyway so no worry there. I do not think Rondo is great and would not mind getting rid of him at all but I just would not do anything to help those purple creeps out. I think they are in for a tough road anyway after Kobe hangs them up as they have a terrible coach but I just would not want to assist building their Dream Team and putting Rondo in a position where he was passing to three HOFers again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Thank god the only decisions that count are the ones Danny Ainge makes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank god the only decisions that count are the ones Danny Ainge makes

[/QUOTE]
    Amen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I keep saying it, only way Ainge trades Rondo is if the Celts get a top 5 pick in return.

So Rondo to the Lakers for Nash and the Lakers' unprotected 1st rounder in 2014 is not far-fetched.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Clips beating the crap out of the Lakers tonight.

I'm really starting to like the idea of Rondo for Nash and the Lakers' unprotected pick in 2014.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

will never happen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

will never happen

With Jimmy Buss calling the shots, anything's possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:

[QUOTE]

will never happen

[/QUOTE]

With Jimmy Buss calling the shots, anything's possible.

[/QUOTE]

Think d52 is referring to the Celtic position. At least that would be my take!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP !

RONDO TO THE LAKERS MY A** !

GET A LIFE !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would rather see LeBron go back to Cleveland or stay in Miami, don't care about Melo and bring P2 back to Boston to close out his career. Gasol is about done anyway so no worry there. I do not think Rondo is great and would not mind getting rid of him at all but I just would not do anything to help those purple creeps out. I think they are in for a tough road anyway after Kobe hangs them up as they have a terrible coach but I just would not want to assist building their Dream Team and putting Rondo in a position where he was passing to three HOFers again. 

[/QUOTE]

You really hate Rondo that much?  What has he done that has pissed you off? You would think with all the hate or trade rumors he was disruptive in the locker room or have off the court troubles.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Right now, a returning-from-injury Rondo is a huge upgrade over Nash using any measure. Trading a known for an unknown draft pick, especially now, before seeing where teams finally finish, makes so little sense.  Trading just before or during the draft is the only way the Celtics are going to move up or gain another 4-10 pick (I don't think any team will give away 1-3 for anyone other than LaQueen (or maybe George or Hibbert).  Speaking of the Pacers, they need a better pg than Hill who makes some of the dumbest passing decisions I've seen in a long. long time.