Rondo totally outplays Wall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo totally outplays Wall

In Response to Rondo totally outplays Wall:
    [QUOTE]Its too bad Pierce and Allen lost the game for the Celtics. Refs kept Pierce on the bench,and Pierce never got into rythym.  Ray just missed alot of open shots and a dunk,and a free throw. I could tell they were going to lose in the first half,because I seen they were short on alot of jumpers. I knew they didn't have any legs in the 2nd quarter.    Rondo had 2 big steals on Wall,but it was just a night they were destined to lose. Missing all those easy shots in the 2nd half,and Wall banking in the 3 was destiny.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

You may not have noticed but Wall was given the player of the game... in their last 3 losses Rondo was outplayed by Rose, Brooks, and Wall.

Give Wall Pierce, Allen, and KG, and Shaq and they are virtually unbeatable.....  Rondo as usual was left completely unguarded and as usual embarrassed himself by trying to think he was the show..... uncounted uncontested wide open jumpers where even Tommy and Mike said Rondo needs to take and make those shots but of course for green glassed homers like you, Rondo made the right decision by throwing it out of bounds or forcing a pass where there was no opportunity though his only goal is to get assists......

Somehow in your mind the player of the game was outplayed by a guy who made silly turnovers and missed or did not take wide open jumpers and oh by the way when Rondo was Wall's age he was still in school, Wall is 5 years younger than Rondo and will be the runner up rookie of the year.... Rondo after his rookie season... lucky to even get on the floor........  to see it any other way is simply routing for laundry and completely ignorant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Oh did Rondo miss an uncontesed dunk,or 2 wide open 3;s in the 4rth. 

Rondo played his typical game,but his teammates missed shots they normally make. Ray makes that dunk and they win the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I thought he was kidding, when i read the headline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Rondo totally outplays Wall...until the 4th quarter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo totally outplays Wall:
    [QUOTE]Rondo totally outplays Wall... until the 4th quarter
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

...when it counted!

Its all about leadership at crunch time when assessing a PG.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo totally outplays Wall : youve gotta be fu cking kidding. its funny how your nowhere to be found wen rondo goes off and scores a triple double..or one of his many double doubles, or outplays top PG in the league like Tony Parker or Chris Paul. then you have the audacity to come on here and talk ish the couple games he is not a superstar. your honestly pathetic, i dont understand why you come on these posters. you get all giddy wen rondo has a bad game like "ohh..john wall, J.R Giddens, D.J augustin, all these WAYY LOWER CALIBER pg would be unbeatable with the Celtics. do you listen to yourself? i dont understand how you dont see it. wen Doc, KG, Paul, Ray, and the rest of the team say point blank, " the guy is a genius, he keeps the motor running, he sees things we dont see, he is the leader and MVP of our team" what does that mean?? they are lying? i havent heard anyone say, we cant win w/o pierce. we cant win w/o ray. we cant win w/o shaq. you hear it about two people, KG and RONDO. theres reasons for that ..take a second, look at the big picture. yes he has less then stellar games sometimes, SO DOES EVERY PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE..you hop on here the second he does bad with an "i told you so" post, yet your nowhere to be seen to explain why he puts up 18pts, 14 assists, 7 rbs, 4 steal and 1 block nights..show up then and explain why.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  He is just a Rondo hater like a few other fans.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Wall is a rook and Rondo is 3 years...going 4  in the league.
    How can you compare?Yell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Good point Che....that experience is like gold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo totally outplays Wall

and yet...

the Wiz totally outplay the Celtics????

Hmmmmmm...

But isn't it Rondo's team now, win or lose...

or just... when they win?

T-E-F-L-O-N!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wall's three was as poor a shot as you are going to see. When a shot like that goes in you say how did we miss all those dunks and lay-ups.    Wall did not win the game the Celtics lost this one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i agree the title doesnt do justice..it doesnt really make sense. that 3 wall took was an ex. of the way the game yesterday went..its the way all our losses occur..some shotclock beating ridiculous jumpshot that gets made 1-12 times..so once he hit that shot i knew it was one of those games..but you cant put it on Rondo..yes, it IS rondo's team. yes, if Rondo has a bad game theres a chance we lose..but its not all on Rondo wen we lose, just like its not all on Rondo when we win. the TEAM lost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The game should have been over after the first quarter but Rondo took his foot off of the pedal... and the Wiz creeped back in.

We saw a lot of this last year when the C's played down, down, down to their opponents and lost huge leads.

Rondo peaked in the first quarter. Wall in the 4th quarter. Yes Wall's trey was a total fluke but PP has had those same sorts of flukie game winners. Its called luck.

The game should never have been close enough to be decided by fluke trey by a 19 year old rook.

Shame on the C's and shame on Rondo for falling back into bad habits. No excuses.

Pud 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo did have a very good game and did outplay Wall, Rondo can dominate against all the teams with the exception of Lakers and Heat, when Wade and Koby guard him and play center field guarding everybody else.  West should help against Heat and Lakers and the combination of Rondo and West should lead us to a championship.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

They just may be when they win number 18

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

The look of distain Rondo gave to the Wizards as they were celbrating what is probably their biggest win of the year was priceless. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Oh did Rondo miss an uncontesed dunk,or 2 wide open 3;s in the 4rth.    Rondo played his typical game,but his teammates missed shots they normally make. Ray makes that dunk and they win the game.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Rondo played his typical game - so in a game when they were missing their starting center and his teammates were not playing well.... Rondo played his typical game.

Why on Earth would you start a thread where you want to beat your chest and espouse how Rondo outplayed a kid who when Rondo was his age was still in college and considered a project?

Rondo is 5 years older.... let me repeat that - 5 years older.  Wall has been inured and when Rondo was a rookie he could not even find the floor let alone average 18 points and 9 assists.

Wall is so far ahead of where Rondo started and destined be much farther ahead of him within the next couple of years it is not even funny.

Please start a thread that says Paul Pierce outplayed Tyler Hansbrough.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Wall is a rook and Rondo is 3 years...going 4  in the league. How can you compare?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

This is Rondo's 5th year in the league and the weaknesses in his game have improved ZERO %.

Give John Wall Pierce, KG, Ray, and Shaq and please try to explain to me how the Cs are worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm sorry I don't think Wall makes the C's better if you replaced him with Rondo. Not this year anyway...check back with me in 3 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry I don't think Wall makes the C's better if you replaced him with Rondo. Not this year anyway...check back with me in 3 years.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

As usual - misquoted....  I did not say better, I said explain to me how they are worse.

They have a higher winning percentage in the games Rondo missed this year (when you exclude the games KG also missed).

So what that means is with Nate and Paul as the point guard / forward they actually won a higher percentage of their games.  Somehow including John Wall in that equation does not make them at least as good?  Please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C'mon Dudder! For one Wall is a rookie. Name one rookie PG that has led a team to a 33-10 record...name one...besides Magic. Oh I can name one...Rajon Rondo perhaps in 2008.

It's just not something you would expect from a rookie. Wall is fragile and has had numerous injuries. He didn't do anything the entire game. He had one layup and one throw-up 3pt shot. That's it!

It's easy for you to say they'd be as good but we'll never know because it won't happen. I think you're underestimating Rondo big time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon Dudder! For one Wall is a rookie. Name one rookie PG that has led a team to a 33-10 record...name one...besides Magic. Oh I can name one...Rajon Rondo perhaps in 2008. It's just not something you would expect from a rookie. Wall is fragile and has had numerous injuries. He didn't do anything the entire game. He had one layup and one throw-up 3pt shot. That's it! It's easy for you to say they'd be as good but we'll never know because it won't happen. I think you're underestimating Rondo big time.

There is not one poster on this board that can bring themselves to acknowledge that it is not Rondo that gets them to 33 and 10 and that it is the other 4.  Nobody, I repeat NOBODY plays with as much talent as Rondo.

The mindset here is very simple - the Celtics are the Globetrotters and every night they play the Washington Generals and that it is a show and that the script says the Celtics win.

Then when the Cs have an off night it is invariably something the Celtics did and that it cannot possibly be the fact the other team actually has players and in many cases stars on their roster.  So when Pierce has an off night it is somehow Pierce that did something wrong not the fact that Gerald Wallace personally removed Pierce from the game.  It is always internal - there are no external forces - except the refs.

Last time the Cs played the Wiz Wall did not play - Cs by 30, this time Wall plays, Cs lose.  Wall did nothing?

NOBODY PLAYS WITH AS MUCH TALENT AS RONDO and therefore IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL WHO WOULD MAKE THE CS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER WERE THEY SUBSTITUTED FOR RONDO.  What is possible to see is that there are any number of other point guards who do not play with anywhere near as much talent and their records are not much worse.

But I am of the opinion that if you have a point guard who can't shoot, avoids shooting, avoids shooting 3s, avoids shooting free throws, who is an automatic double team against one of his teammates, who other teams purposefully game plan away from by sagging in the paint, etc.  THEN HE CAN PROBABLY BE REPLACED.

So in my humble opinion someone who is bigger and faster and as good a shooter who tries (not avoids) shooting, tries finishing (not avoids it), goes to the line and makes 80% (not avoids going to the line) probably would not make the Cs worse.

Rondo as a last resort flings the ball toward the rim and occasionally it goes in, the other night there was a goaltending violation on a shot that was obviously not going in.  I believe McGee blocked it.  Somehow that makes Rondo a finisher / shooter.

You may want to give some thought to what you are picturing "name one rookie that leads his team to 33 and 10".....  rookies can't do that.  They are drafted onto the worst teams in the league.  Danny was shut out of the draft and made a trade to get Rondo from Phoenix.

Derick Rose has not played on a team that has played a season below 500 and he was the first pick.  Rondo was the point guard that lead the Cs to one of the longest losing streaks in team history (18 games) on a team that won 35 games.

I would be stunned to find one GM in the league who would not feel better going forward with Wall instead of Rondo.  Rondo in year 5 has done absolutely nothing to improve his game - his game - his game.  He has however been blessed with having 3 hall of famers side by side for the last 3 years and when his almost all-star caliber defensive stalwart something or other center went down Danny went out and got him another hall of famer and the guy he replaced on his absolute best day could not carry the jock of who he was replaced by.  Oh no what will we ever do without Perk - um... get two guys that, when healthy, are better.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if Rondo went down and Danny somehow swung a deal for Devin Harris the Cs would be any worse off.

Rose is an MVP candidate and has gone basically the entire season without his second and third best players on any given night and they win because of him.  When Rondo was out, they still won.

You have a Ferrari - KG is the engine, Pierce is the transmission, and Ray is the suspension.  Rondo is the valve stem covers on the rims where the Pirellis reside.

Big game tonight against the rookie without Shaq..... gonna need everything you got... KG has to deal with McGee and Blatche, Ray and Pierce have tough covers, Rajon we really need you to step up.   Ok Doc, I will get you 13 points in a loss - I will miss most of my shots and have 5 turnovers and really show this rookie a thing or two.......LMAO.  Oh but why would we want him to get more than a dozen points - he is after a pass first point guard (code word for guys that can't shoot / score).  Why on earth would we want one of those damn scoring point guards - you know the kind that in a situation where the game is tight and they can actually participate in the offense instead of being relegated to the bench because they can't score or shoot.  Oh wait was Rondo on the bench with foul trouble?  Must have been something he did and not the fact that he was playing against someone bigger and faster because when push comes to shove..... and the Cs have a bad game.... it is always something internal and something they did because.... the Washington Generals, the nameless faceless guys could not possibly have had anything to do with it.

If it was not the Celtics and the point guard on the losing team, who has been in the league 5 years, ended up in foul trouble and ended up with 13 points playing against a rookie there is not an objective person on the planet who would suggest that Rondo outplayed Wall.  5 year veteran against a rookie - veteran's team loses, veteran scores fewer points than rookie, shoots a lower shooting percents, gets to the line only once and SOMEHOW TOTALLY OUTPLAYS WALL......... If you were watching the Sacramento Kings and Udrih had 13 points against Wall and the Wiz won you would say Udrih s ucks....... gotta go change my depends again......you guys really make me laugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Rondo had (1) Assist in the 2nd half.  He let the pace get away from him.  He disrupted any Celtic flow.

Everybody but Semiah played very poorly.  Rondo included. 

His Foul Shooting is up to 47%.  Fantastic!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok so you think Rondo plays with alot of talent. Why is that Rondo's fault? Why blame him for the players Ainge put around him to make him play better.

Why don't you blame NJ or Utah or New Orleans for not putting talent around Harris, DWill or Paul??

Nash had great talent around him for years and never won anything.

I don't get the hatred for Rondo. Do you think he gets too much credit? He takes heat for not being able to hit open shots and his FT%. Some still don't think he's a top PG and he got cut from the Olympic team. What else do you want? You want him to play on the Bobcats so he can be exploited?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so you think Rondo plays with alot of talent. Why is that Rondo's fault? Why blame him for the players Ainge put around him to make him play better. Why don't you blame NJ or Utah or New Orleans for not putting talent around Harris, DWill or Paul?? Nash had great talent around him for years and never won anything. I don't get the hatred for Rondo. Do you think he gets too much credit? He takes heat for not being able to hit open shots and his FT%. Some still don't think he's a top PG and he got cut from the Olympic team. What else do you want? You want him to play on the Bobcats so he can be exploited?

I don't think Rondo plays with a lot of talent - it is a given - not some random thought. 

It is not Rondo's fault that is who he plays with.

I don't hate Rondo.

To me it is very simple - the degree to which he can be overrated is not even measurable.

Put him on a bad team and he is exposed - shelter him on a good team and he is covered up.

All I am saying and have said any number of times and any number of ways - replace Rondo with any number of guys and they are no worse off and in a lot of cases better.  I don't think that is a difficult concept and not even sure it could be refuted.

However, there are some (and everyone is entitled to their opinion) that think that a guy who cannot shoot, avoids shooting whenever possible, hurts his teams offense, and so on and so forth can be considered an elite point guard and point to his team's record as proof.

Do I think he gets too much credit?  Is the sky blue?

He got cut from the World Championship team not the Olympic team.  There were two point guards that did not get cut - Billups and Westbrook. 

The issue I have has nothing to do with Rondo it has to do with posters / fans / bloggers.

There is somehow some sort of debate as to whether Rondo is the best in the league or the second best in the league and so on......

he was the third best on the World Championship team and therefore did not make the team and he was beat out by a guy in his second year in the league and he was beat out by somehow who was not even a point guard coming out of college.

I am of the opinion that in the western conference might not even be in the top 6 point guards let alone one of the top two or three in the league......

Nash, Kidd, Westbrook, Paul, Williams, Curry, Evans, and Davis could easily step in and play with the guys that Rondo is fortunate enough to play with and the Cs would be no worse off and for the most part better..... so how can there possibly be any discussion as to whether is the best or second best when nobody else plays with as much talent and all of the guys that I listed above are for the most part better.....

It is the equivalent of saying if you ignore Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben, Rivers, and Schaub then obviously Matt Cassell is the best quarterback in football.  His team made it to the playoffs blah blah blah...... um... its who he plays with......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so you think Rondo plays with alot of talent. Why is that Rondo's fault? Why blame him for the players Ainge put around him to make him play better. Why don't you blame NJ or Utah or New Orleans for not putting talent around Harris, DWill or Paul?? Nash had great talent around him for years and never won anything. I don't get the hatred for Rondo. Do you think he gets too much credit? He takes heat for not being able to hit open shots and his FT%. Some still don't think he's a top PG and he got cut from the Olympic team. What else do you want? You want him to play on the Bobcats so he can be exploited?

p.s. regarding the Olympic team / World Championship team - there are very rarely situations where the absolute best players play for the team so to somehow suggest that he was a candidate therefore he is elite is silly... there is almost no correlation.