Rondo Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rondo Trades

If we move Rondo to compete this year (assumption is KG & PP talks are smoke), I'd like to see one of the following:

1. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=cktk2x8

Rondo for Millsap & Bell (and a pick)

2. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=cgplu8b

Rond & Bass for Ellis & Dalembert

3. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ckmfso2

Rondo for Al Horford

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Rondo Trades

All three make us instant favorites for ECF with Miami. Each would give us pieces for the future, but would require additional moves, unless we are satisfied with a Bradley & Lee frontcourt combo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Actually, a Horford trade could make a lot of sense for ATL, as they can pair Smith & Rondo as the perfect trio for Dwight this summer... instant contenders for 2013-14?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Actually, a Horford trade could make a lot of sense for ATL, as they can pair Smith & Rondo as the perfect trio for Dwight this summer... instant contenders for 2013-14?

I mentioned a Rondo for Horford trade a couple months ago, then Atl can keep J Smith with Rondo to lure the Dwightmare to Atl, I would like to include Milw in a 3-way and bring Jenning here sending Teague and draft picks to Milw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to greenmuse's comment:

I mentioned a Rondo for Horford trade a couple months ago, then Atl can keep J Smith with Rondo to lure the Dwightmare to Atl, I would like to include Milw in a 3-way and bring Jenning here sending Teague and draft picks to Milw.

Yeah that would work,,, thought I'd prefer to land Ellis over Jennings if Mil is involved. Either way, I think Horford could push us over the top this year. Bradley, Pierce, Green, KG, Horford could take on Miami.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1. No thanks, I'd do Rondo and Bass for Big Al and Gordon Hayward though.

2. I guess, not that excited about it, but clearly the Bucks would prefer to move Jennings, who wants to leave and not have 2 PG's (unless Jennings is going in another deal). Like I said in another thread if it was RR and Bass for Jennings, Ilyasova and Dalembert I'd be all over it.

3. This was my trade idea even before RR got hurt. It was all about the Hawks trying to get Howard, Smith and RR on the same team. I wanted Bass in it as well and Devin Harris or Lou Williams coming back to C's. Obviously I would still do this but it looks like Howard is not that interested in going home and Ferry is more intent than ever on moving Smith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to greenmuse's comment:

99% sure I was the first to mention Rondo for Horford on this board;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like the Rondo for Horford deal. That would  solve our rebounding problem and give us toughness inside.

I could see this happening. No other pieces are needed to make it work.

Like someone said it would entice Smith to resign and then possibly Howard next year. It makes sense for Atlanta.

The only thing is I would rather see Rondo go west.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Millsap is younger more athletic and can guard LBJ better than Big Al. Plus cheaper plus we dont need hayward and Utah isnt giving him up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I like the Rondo for Horford deal. That would  solve our rebounding problem and give us toughness inside.

I could see this happening. No other pieces are needed to make it work.

Like someone said it would entice Smith to resign and then possibly Howard next year. It makes sense for Atlanta.

The only thing is I would rather see Rondo go west.

That Hawks team with Rondo, Dwight (if he even goes there) and Smith wouldn't be winning until 2015. Rondo has half of next season before he is back to normal, Dwight needs his shoulder fixed and they'd need to fill out the roster with MLE and draft picks after using all cap space. C's would have these playoffs and at least another year of KG/PP to battle Miami in the East finals.

Also Atlanta would have a lot of guards and need a forward. If they swapped Bass's contract for Lou Williams, they make around the same, then that would help us even more. Bass played well alongside Howard in Orlando.

Minutes:

C - KG (28), Horford (20)

PF - Horford (16) Wilcox (16) Green (16)

SF - Pierce (30) Green (18)

SG - Lee (24) Williams (18) Avery (6)

PG - Avery (28) Terry (20)

Of course it just doesn't look like Atlanta is buying into the idea that Howard would sign there and that entire organization looks ready to move on from Smith. Nice idea though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Millsap is younger more athletic and can guard LBJ better than Big Al. Plus cheaper plus we dont need hayward and Utah isnt giving him up.

Haha, Millsap is FIVE WEEKS younger than Big Al, didn't start playing any SF until this season, would remain the 3rd best option on this team behind Green and (a rested) Pierce to guard LeBron and will probably sign a contract very similar to Al's when both hit free agency, Al won't be making twice as much next season that is for sure.

Only a good rebounding team with options at C and a need for a forward would want Millsap over Al. Al spreads the floor for KG and Green more by taking up space down low, gets more rebounds b/c he is taller and can backup KG at C while letting him and Wilcox play more PF where they spent most of their careers.

Also the addition of a fan favorite former Celtic makes the loss of Rondo much easier to handle. Give me the guy who is 2-3" taller and an automatic 18/9 over the shorter guy who can't help at C and works so much harder for his 13-16 points and 6-8 boards.

Bass needs to be gone as well if ether of these 30 minute bigs are coming in. Wilcox should already be playing more. Salaries don't work if Bass is in a Millsap deal, they do for Al. I'd think Rondo and Bass for Al and Hayward to be more than fair, Melo can be thrown in as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Most C's fans would be ok with Rondo, Melo and Bass for Al and Hayward.

They'd be ripped sh!t pissed at Rondo for Millsap and Bell. Replace Bell with Foye and a draft pick and we're in range.

Bass, Melo, and a pick for Millsap would prob be rejected by Utah, but its closer to fair value for him. Not Rondo.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Haha OK Rame ... some good points. You know who WOULD BE ripped sh!t ... RONDO being shipped out to utah.

Its hard to tell, but it seemed like Utah was more interested in keeping Big Al over Milsap. But both would be a good piece next to Garnett. I just think that Millsap may be a better fit in a 7 game series fight against Miami, where essentially everyone on the floor in the final minutes can handle (to varying degrees) LBJ.

If Miami goes small with Chalmers, Wade, Allen, Lebron & Bosh ... I don't see Big Al matching up well in a Celtics final line-up especially if KG is still involved. Am I wrong?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Ya know - at the same time - maybe we don't really need another piece for the final minutes of the 4th quarter if we retain Pierce, Kevin, Avery & Jeff. You can easily make the case that to get us over the hump will be to add a piece that can be highly productive in the paint (pts and rebounds) when KG is off the floor - thereby giving him the ability to retain energy for the 4th quarter. Big Al certainly fulfills that need, perhaps better than Milsap.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Most C's fans would be ok with Rondo, Melo and Bass for Al and Hayward.

They'd be ripped sh!t pissed at Rondo for Millsap and Bell. Replace Bell with Foye and a draft pick and we're in range.

Bass, Melo, and a pick for Millsap would prob be rejected by Utah, but its closer to fair value for him. Not Rondo.

I think the trade you mention undervalues Rondo.  Is it because of the injury?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

AL Horford is better than Dwight Howard (going forward)

Would love to see him in GREEN

What a stressful time for Celtics fans. We just watched our team refuse to quit and concede this season, now it looks like management is willing to blow it up and concede this season...

I bet every GM in the league can't wait for the All Star game to be over so

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Haha OK Rame ... some good points. You know who WOULD BE ripped sh!t ... RONDO being shipped out to utah.

Its hard to tell, but it seemed like Utah was more interested in keeping Big Al over Milsap. But both would be a good piece next to Garnett. I just think that Millsap may be a better fit in a 7 game series fight against Miami, where essentially everyone on the floor in the final minutes can handle (to varying degrees) LBJ.

If Miami goes small with Chalmers, Wade, Allen, Lebron & Bosh ... I don't see Big Al matching up well in a Celtics final line-up especially if KG is still involved. Am I wrong?

Rondo would be upset with going to Utah, haha, but they'd own him thru 2015 with the chance to pay him more than anyone else.

I agree that they now seem to be much more intent on moving Millsap, Bledsoe surfaced today in rumors for him. It makes sense b/c Al is the better player and can play C.

If the C's moved Rondo for Millsap and Bell then we have to keep Bass b/c the salaries don't work if we added Bass in. Besides thats way too much value for Millsap, but it could be more fair if we got Al and Hayward (yes Concord I think that is fair value for Rondo now that he is injured).

Any deal for Millsap that removes Rondo and is centered around Bass and a pick, or Melo, or throwing in Barbosa's exp deal... is a joke for Utah and isn't going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Rondo would be upset with going to Utah, haha, but they'd own him thru 2015 with the chance to pay him more than anyone else.

I agree that they now seem to be much more intent on moving Millsap, Bledsoe surfaced today in rumors for him. It makes sense b/c Al is the better player and can play C.

If the C's moved Rondo for Millsap and Bell then we have to keep Bass b/c the salaries don't work if we added Bass in. Besides thats way too much value for Millsap, but it could be more fair if we got Al and Hayward (yes Concord I think that is fair value for Rondo now that he is injured).

Any deal for Millsap that removes Rondo and is centered around Bass and a pick, or Melo, or throwing in Barbosa's exp deal... is a joke for Utah and isn't going to happen.

"Value for Rondo"? How does a PG who relies on his freakish speed, quickness, hops, and agility who just recently blew out his ACL, AND has been proven to be a less than perfect compliment to his present TEAM's winning culture have any real value at the moment? Nobody knows if he will ever be the same athlete again. Rame is right.....Trade him now, if you can! Otherwise you are rolling the dice on him coming back as the superior athlete that he was, AND that he will change his selfish style that lead to a floundering team under his leadership....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Right, you are not going to find the value for Rondo anymore, as in the 'Horford for Rondo' trade of a top 6 PG for a top 6 PF.... but there is still a chance some team gambles on him, a team with a need for a 'name' player and a leader perhaps?

Sacramento could use the infusion of a known winner and star, regardless of a move to Seattle or not.

Rondo is close to Cousins b/c of their Kentucky connection. What better player to bring out the best in a guy management has been reluctant to trade b/c he could be a 24/11 C, such a rare find in this league.

Rondo, Barbosa and our 1st rd pick to Sacramento for Jason Thompson, John Salmons and the Kings 1st and 2nd rd picks.

The Kings would have the cap space to try and sign Josh Smith to go with Rondo, Cousins and one of Evans or Thornton. Boston gets the two players Doc wants for a playoff run this year (although Salmons isn't much of a ballhandler he is a gritty player and awesome as a scorer off the bench who can play the 2 or 3, he is just overpaid, but only for 1 more year) and most importantly the C's get a lotto pick aywhere from 1-7 in the draft, a super talented young kid to join youngsters Avery, Sully and Melo as the team transitions away from PP/KG/Terry after 2015.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Forget that! If we're trading Rondo we could do better than that. Rondo & Melo to Sac for Evans,Cousins,Fredette and Thomas. We have the roster space and will be able to resign Evans and will have Cousiins,Thomas and Fredette next year on rookie contracts and will have cap space to sign all when their contracts expire.

A roster of KG,PP,AB,Bass,Lee,Green,Terry,Cousins,Evans,Thomas,Fredette,Wilcox and Collins for the 2 years at least, I could live with that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Forget that! If we're trading Rondo we could do better than that. Rondo & Melo to Sac for Evans,Cousins,Fredette and Thomas. We have the roster space and will be able to resign Evans and will have Cousiins,Thomas and Fredette next year on rookie contracts and will have cap space to sign all when their contracts expire.

A roster of KG,PP,AB,Bass,Lee,Green,Terry,Cousins,Evans,Thomas,Fredette,Wilcox and Collins for the 2 years at least, I could live with that. 

Good lord you have no clue about value in this league, sorry to be so blunt man, you've always come off as a great guy, just that is insane thinking.

You should have stopped at 'I'm only trading Bass and Green for Horford and Smith'.... but even then you'd have to think about it right?? (yeesh)

If you believe we should get Evans in that deal instead of Salmons then I'm all for it. Cousins too??? MY GOD. I also don't think you realize how valuable a top 7 draft pick is, esp one that could be #1 when Sacramento, currently the 6th worst team, loses 2 of its 5 best players.

Sacramento would want the cap space to get a good free agent and pair Rondo with Cousins. We'd get two veterans and replace Rondo with a draft pick who could be just as good as him in 2 years, right when RR is looking for a max deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think not. First I wouldn't give up Green for Smith. Second Sac is lost this year and Evans probably isn't resigning and Cousins has had nice numbers but their winning % hasn't improved. What I'm saying is we get 4 players that have abilities and value now and later. Sac gets a body now, maybe a pick and a proven veteran that is young enough to build a possibly moving franchise around. We get help now and reload more than rebuild and some wiggle room financially for next year or 2. Heck if we could add a 3 team to it we could forget Frederette and add Vucovic from Orlando too.

These trades are probably not going to happen but, I think my trade idea is the best and it works cap wise.