Rondo Upset; Wants Josh Smith

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Rondo Upset; Wants Josh Smith

Who cares, get rid of him he doesn't have what it takes to lead a team anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Right now he's in no position to make demands.

if that's true, he's more likely to be joining his bud in Atlanta.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I doubt the validity of that.

If we trade w  Atl I want Horford and L Williams. I would trade RR and Lee,who I both like and either Crawford or Melo,their pick and give them even maybe one of those 1sts to do that. I think if DA could pull that rabbit out of his hat it would be both a good trade for ATl,if they really want Smith and they still might be able to sign DH and would make us contenders 2013-2014 not to mention we would be the best up tempo and exciting team in the NBA and we'd still have some 1st in the next couple years. I know probably not gonna happen but I would be downright giddy with that trade. Horford,JG,Bass,AB, Williams,Wallace the MLE and vet min guy and if Olynik can shoot regurarily as his highlites show. Get like a D Harris or Delfino or fill in your own blanks and I see us seriously in the conversation of best teams in the East at least and it would make for seriously competetive and exciting Eastern conference. Imagine if NY w Melo and a healthy Amare and Bargiani, The Pacers w a healthy Granger,The Heat, The nits with KG and PP and D Will,Atl w RR,DH and Smith and Us with Horford,Green,Bradley et al and Chi w a healthy Rose. Just imagine not just as a Celtic but an NBA fan that would be one of the most exciting years ever. Any of those teams could be a #1 seed or a #7 seed and might only be 4 games difference between, would make the 42 inter conference game mean something every game and make for some seriously great playoff series. Pipe dream yeah but,not much can actually done until 10-12 days from now so its all speculation right now kinda like the hot stove league in baseball in the off season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Imagine Boston with wiggins and slug of good young players in 3 years.  Sounds better to me than that lineup.

for next year, lets just run and score and have fun losing as we develop the young guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I've said it once I'll say it a million times. We ain't going to even be in the lottery,neverless top 2 or 3. We have a good young core and multiple draft picks and a good sized expiring contract we may need a couple of pieces but we're retooling or rebiulding not going into full blown panic attack mode. What if we tank and this savior Wiggins gets injured injured like Noel or has a sub par season like Perry did? Holy cow we haven't even hired a HC or even played one preseason game and people are getting way overblown about this lottery stuff. Here's a suggestion how we wait until at least Feb until we start to "tank". Any way consider this the worst team since 90 has won the #1 pick 3 times in 23 years!! The 2nd worst also 3x the 3rd worst has won it 4x  and only one of those teams won a ring with the players they drafted #1. That year we 2 picks in the lottery and SA the 3rd worst record only because of injuries to D Robinson 6 games total,Dominique  missed 20 games and  Sean Elliot missed over 40 games ,they may have tanked the last couple of months but not until all that happened. Expecting to tank and get the #1 pick and having that pick stick around and win has happen once out of 275 times teams have been in the lottery. 1 in 275, why do you think they call it the lottery?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

J-Smoove, the ultimate stuck-in-the-middle-with-you guy. No thanks, it would make no sense at all.

Trader Danny has dangled Rondo for years now, he won't hesitate if he gets a deal he likes. He will be traded before his deal expires.

Reports suggest Ainge doesn't care about standings next season, he just wants a high lottery pick, rightfully so. If he has no regrets dealing Pierce, why would he have any concerning Rondo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Alex Kennedy         @AlexKennedyNBA

Rajon Rondo, who was upset after seeing Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce dealt, wants Josh Smith in Boston. They were teammates in high school.

RR with Josh or D12 would be a nightmare scenario for any team. Its not about the talent. They are mentally and emotionally liabilities. Anti-chemistry type personalities. I saw this coming 10-miles away. RR would rather have it look like hes wanting out now versus the C's not wanting to keep him. This is only the start of the egomaniac spinning things. C-YA Rajon! All the while DA been doing all the right things and taking higher ground by saying "we dont want to trade RR and we want to build around him" in the media knowing this immature fool was going to show his attitude by pushing his way out. DA, perfect strategy to keep the heat off of yourself. Make it be RR who demands out so the Rondo lovers cant dump on you! DA is a sneaky shrewed MF-er!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo showing his true colors again.... pouting over not having his bf Josh acquired by DA.... just like he pouted and sabotaged the C's after his life partner Perk was dumped..

Rondo must believe hes at a Lebron or KD level...  hes so narcissistic he'll never understand just how far hes dropped in value.. forget the acl injury (which instantly catapulted the C's into a much better team), his rotten demeanor, laziness & detriment to team chemistry has made him a pariah and many teams wont touch him unless hes on the cheap....if that.

Sure, they may all say otherwise publicly but the inside scoop from reliable sources says ... stay away

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

CP3 certainly dictated all the shots with the Clips including prying doc away from the Cs... before CP3 finally agreed to resign.

Maybe R9R thinks he can do the same in Beantown. Tighten down the screws on old DA and wait for management to capitulate.... before he signs his max contract in two years.

Its Rondo's team now. He's the marquee player.

Who can stop him from imposing his will on the team now that DDG (doc done gone)?

Pud 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

spoiled brats of the league!!  I want the 80's back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

CP3 certainly dictated all the shots with the Clips including prying doc away from the Cs... before CP3 finally agreed to resign.

Maybe R9R thinks he can do the same in Beantown. Tighten down the screws on old DA and wait for management to capitulate.... before he signs his max contract in two years.

Its Rondo's team now. He's the marquee player.

Who can stop him from imposing his will on the team now that DDG (doc done gone)?

Pud 

Not so fast... I think the sissy will have an epiphany once he realizes DA isnt gonna make much effort, if anyl, to get Josh... He'll be wondering, how come Lebron & CP3 get the players or coaches they want but not me???

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Danny should be talking to the Pistons right now!  They want Smith.  Smith wants Rondo...

The Pistons have some great young pieces to offer.  Monroe and Drummond are redundant and adding a ball dominating big like Smith will only stunt their development.  Monroe is also a restricted free agent next year so if he doesn't pan out we just let him go.  They also just drafted Caldwell-Pope who would look good in green.

They have expiring contracts to make the #'s work as well: Charlie V.  Rodney Stuckey, (perfect starting point guard to tank with), and Jerebko.

They may also be interested in taking Lee back to add some speed to their bench.

I don't know what combo of players would work perfectly but there is enough to work with that would make both teams happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  ....I have to say that I do agree with one post I read a while back....the Lakers always seem to be able to rebuild on the fly...a year or two in "down mode" and then they are back...I wish we could see the same thing in Boston....alas, the young guys want major money, nice weather, and cities like Los Angeles (night life, hollywood, movie stars, the ocean and beaches) or South Beach.....Texas and Florida offer the additional incentives in that there are no state taxes (and, once again, it's all about the money)....Boston's basketball tradition is lost on these guys....as is it's long and storied part in American history, it's culture, etc....

I also agree that the odds are very slim in rebuilding via the lottery overnight....smart drafting is the key (see San Antonio)....we have a slew of first round picks over the next five drafts...I'd love to see some really competitive basketball as we rebuild....just my opinion...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

P.S.  Rondo is anything but a "Sissy".   You may be able to pin him as: hotheaded, mercurial, stubborn, and egotistical, but I have never seen the guy back down from anybody.  Loved him especially when he and Skip squared off in Houston when the Rockets had 22 straight wins and the Celts were burning through the Texas triangle on the way to the championship.

Primadonna, maybe..."Sissy" NO WAY!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE  ....I have to say that I do agree with one post I read a while back....the Lakers always seem to be able to rebuild on the fly...a year or two in "down mode" and then they are back...I wish we could see the same thing in Boston....alas, the young guys want major money, nice weather, and cities like Los Angeles (night life, hollywood, movie stars, the ocean and beaches) or South Beach.....Texas and Florida offer the additional incentives in that there are no state taxes (and, once again, it's all about the money)....Boston's basketball tradition is lost on these guys....as is it's long and storied part American history, it's culture, etc....

I also agree that the odds are very slim in rebuilding via the lottery overnight....smart drafting is the key (see San Antonio)....we have a slew of first round picks over the next five drafts...I'd love to see really competitive basketball as we rebuild....just my opinion...

DA picked up 4 1s for 3 men who all very likely could have easily left the Cs for NOTHING in return!!! Doc coulda gone to TV, PP optioned out, and KG retire because he was t playing unless at least one of the other 2 were back. AMAZING WHAT DA DID. FREE 1st round picks are nice, but they all mean guaranteed money to the player. DA is not looking to use those picks. Hes looking to trade them For quality athletes in the short term. Competative B-ball in a flash. Watch ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Imagine Boston with wiggins and slug of good young players in 3 years.  Sounds better to me than that lineup.

for next year, lets just run and score and have fun losing as we develop the young guys.

+1

Write off next season,  as the kids get their feet wet.  Hope for the best in the lottery,  and let's move forward as Cleveland did after LeBron.  Ya gotta think that with all these draft picks we should find a few diamonds amongst the lumps of coal. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Didn't the C's just draft KO and Sully the past 2 drafts-- and both play power forward?  Isn't Green now the go-to scorer at SForward.  Why would the C's get Josh when they already have those spots taken?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE ....agree with you on Josh Smith....we don't need him...although he is a skilled player...the question is does he have a winner's mentality?...he said he thinks he is as good as any player in the league right now...yet he is going into his 10th season still looking for a spot on an all star roster

career stats:

15.3 PPG (ok)

8.0 RPG (ok)

1.2 SPG (pretty good)

1.8 BPG (pretty good)

.465 FGP (ok)

.654 FTP (below average)

his playoff stats mirror his regular season stats....and he thinks he is on LeBron's level....?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This is such a BS post. We don't know what Rondo is thinking. Sure we've all tied them together because they played together in HS but to say Rondo is upset is premature. We don't know where Smith will sign.

Rondo is probably more worried about where he will end up playing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

THE DUKE  ....I have to say that I do agree with one post I read a while back....the Lakers always seem to be able to rebuild on the fly...a year or two in "down mode" and then they are back...I wish we could see the same thing in Boston....alas, the young guys want major money, nice weather, and cities like Los Angeles (night life, hollywood, movie stars, the ocean and beaches) or South Beach.....Texas and Florida offer the additional incentives in that there are no state taxes (and, once again, it's all about the money)....Boston's basketball tradition is lost on these guys....as is it's long and storied part American history, it's culture, etc....

I also agree that the odds are very slim in rebuilding via the lottery overnight....smart drafting is the key (see San Antonio)....we have a slew of first round picks over the next five drafts...I'd love to see really competitive basketball as we rebuild....just my opinion...

DA picked up 4 1s for 3 men who all very likely could have easily left the Cs for NOTHING in return!!! Doc coulda gone to TV, PP optioned out, and KG retire because he was t playing unless at least one of the other 2 were back. AMAZING WHAT DA DID. FREE 1st round picks are nice, but they all mean guaranteed money to the player. DA is not looking to use those picks. Hes looking to trade them For quality athletes in the short term. Competative B-ball in a flash. Watch ....

I agree. DA seems to covet draft picks not for the draft but for using them to get players he knows can play in the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

This is such a BS post. We don't know what Rondo is thinking. Sure we've all tied them together because they played together in HS but to say Rondo is upset is premature. We don't know where Smith will sign.

Rondo is probably more worried about where he will end up playing.

Amen! I know the guy as much as anyone else here, which is not at all. There will be reports on what player wants what and where and how all will say close to the ....... have said. Many "sources close to the team" are probably the guys that do the dry cleaning for the asst laundry manager. I'm a fan of RR and his main concern, as it should be is rehabbing for next season,regardless of where he is playing . If DA trades Rondo it will be a deal that he feels makes the team better, as he does with any player on the roster. All these reports are nothing but hyperbole spewed by a sports media working 24/7/365 to grab headlines. If I hear Rondo say something I'll believe it. NBA talking heads right are like playing that game where 1 person whispers in somebodies and it goes from one persons ear to another and by the time it gets around the room it is a totally different story. One thing that I saw in the doc debacle is that DA can be a vindictive SOB and that's a good thing and he is ultra competetive, when challenged he will do anything to win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree. DA seems to covet draft picks not for the draft but for using them to get players he knows can play in the league.

[/QUOTE]

This is what Danny is doing using these picks to rebuild on the fly.  We will never see any of these picks in celtic's uniforms.  I think a huge move is coming,  perhaps at mid season when Rondo's trade value is up or the summer of next year at the latest.