Rondo was about his stats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rondo was about his stats

I don't mean to pile on Rondo but it's obvious now that Rondo was about his stats. There were many times as I've said before that Rondo would be 3 ft from the basket and pass it out for a 20 ft jumper...it would drive me crazy.

I've never seen this team move the ball like this in the past 5 years. It's enjoyable and it's driving defenses crazy. They can't double, everyone can get a shot off the dribble, drive and dish. It's a Point Guard-less offense and a swarming defense. Ray Allen may have thrived in this offense and he was probably right about Rondo.

Who can beat a team when the ball is moving like this? Who does Bron cover? Who does a 7'0 center cover?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo was about his stats

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't mean to pile on Rondo but it's obvious now that Rondo was about his stats. There were many times as I've said before that Rondo would be 3 ft from the basket and pass it out for a 20 ft jumper...it would drive me crazy.

I've never seen this team move the ball like this in the past 5 years. It's enjoyable and it's driving defenses crazy. They can't double, everyone can get a shot off the dribble, drive and dish. It's a Point Guard-less offense and a swarming defense. Ray Allen may have thrived in this offense and he was probably right about Rondo.

Who can beat a team when the ball is moving like this? Who does Bron cover? Who does a 7'0 center cover?

Good post only Rondo has been much closer than 3 feet when he passes the  ball .. hes had numerous breakaways and uncontested layups hes passed on to dish to someone with a more difficult shot..

I know its cool to reward bigs for running the floor or give up an easy breakaway layup to dish to a teammate who has the same easy breakaway layup.... but never have I seen anyone do the nonsense mentioned in the pgh above other than Rondo..

Hard to argue he was looking for the stat (assist) in lieu of 2 pts...  putting himself ahead of the team