RONDOCULOUS: WE HAVE A PG! FIRST CELT WITH 40+ AND 10 ASSISTS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

RONDOCULOUS: WE HAVE A PG! FIRST CELT WITH 40+ AND 10 ASSISTS!

can't wait for sunday. i see this as a defining sea change for this team. the knicks should still be a top 3 team by the end of all this but i think the celts are playing the best ball right now. with this game at home and having lost to the knicks recently and with all the linsational headlines, this team should pull a miami if they have any pride at deep down! i see atriple double from RR and this team winning by 5 or more! right now i see us finishing at least SIXTH! this means we get to the second round. at this point, i want danny to just hold the line and NOT blow his load as he did last year. lets see what happens! love ray but would rather see pietrus out there as a starter, oh well...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?

What happened to all your linsanity?  Tommorow you can start with Rondolicious or some other play on words.  Make up your mind who your all jazzed up about you do it almost daily.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I thought Lin was just pure hype... NBA just needed a boost. And they got it from Lin small little run..bunch of sold jerseys and nba back on Asia's map mission accomplished...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?": [QUOTE]I thought Lin was just pure hype... NBA just needed a boost. And they got it from Lin small little run..bunch of sold jerseys and nba back on Asia's map mission accomplished... Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE] Have you watched Lin play? He is a quality PG. Good penetrator. Good shot. Great court vision. D is weak, but give the kid a chance to get some experience. He has performed extraordinarily well given the pressure and game play demand he has had to deal with. He will have his slumps and highs, but he will continue to improve and if you think he is a flash mirage, you don't know basketball my friend. How long has Rondo been in the league? Lin has a handfull of NBA games under his belt with everyone gunning for him every night. He'll hold his own against Rondo. But one wouls expect an...all star with 5 more years under his belt, playing at home will prevail in the matchup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?": Have you watched Lin play? He is a quality PG. Good penetrator. Good shot. Great court vision. D is weak, but give the kid a chance to get some experience. He has performed extraordinarily well given the pressure and game play demand he has had to deal with. He will have his slumps and highs, but he will continue to improve and if you think he is a flash mirage, you don't know basketball my friend. How long has Rondo been in the league? Lin has a handfull of NBA games under his belt with everyone gunning for him every night. He'll hold his own against Rondo. But one wouls expect an...all star with 5 more years under his belt, playing at home will prevail in the matchup.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

The kid has a great attitude and takes full responsibility when he has a poor game.

Mature beyond his years.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?": Have you watched Lin play? He is a quality PG. Good penetrator. Good shot. Great court vision. D is weak, but give the kid a chance to get some experience. He has performed extraordinarily well given the pressure and game play demand he has had to deal with. He will have his slumps and highs, but he will continue to improve and if you think he is a flash mirage, you don't know basketball my friend. How long has Rondo been in the league? Lin has a handfull of NBA games under his belt with everyone gunning for him every night. He'll hold his own against Rondo. But one wouls expect an...all star with 5 more years under his belt, playing at home will prevail in the matchup.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]exactly! NUANCE IS A TOUGH THING FOR MANY FANS. i still like Lin and think he will be just fine going forward. i am just talking SPECIFICALLY about this game on sunday. this will get RODUNDANT! rr brings way to o much anger and passion to the table. i expect lin to get pickpocketed a couple of times but that he will have the same steady game he had the last time out.. about 17 points 3 turnovers and 12 assists. this is PERSONAL far more for rondo. by playoffs, it will be all different!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

I WANT MY nostradamus COOKIEEEE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

really fierce?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED!

Rondo - Wilt - Oscar .....Nice company for a bricklayer!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Rondo is clearly a top 5 point gaurd in the league, we shouldnt trade him unless he wants to be traded

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I WANT MY nostradamus COOKIEEEE!"

I'll  never understand why it's so important for  you to predict stuff, you do realize that no one has any special gifts when it comes to sports aside from a tiny minority of very rich gamblers right? 
    (and I'm guessing you're not one of them). 

Having said that, since I've given you a hard time on some of your incorrect and wildly incorrect predictions (like Shaq leading us to a title and so on), I gotta hand it to you, you did nail this one. Well done. 

and a great game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Nice to see Linsanity shut down today.  Rondo really put on a show.  It would have been better if he would have not missed those 10 layups.  Overall Rondo really played great today.  Danny what ever you do DO NOT TRADE RONDO OR ANY OF THE OTHER BIG 3.  Just find a big guy to help rebound and this team will contend for a title right now.   The schedule is horrible this year.   Its too many games in too few days and that is part of the reason the team record is not as good as previous years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED!:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see Linsanity shut down today.  Rondo really put on a show.  It would have been better if he would have not missed those 10 layups.  Overall Rondo really played great today.  Danny what ever you do DO NOT TRADE RONDO OR ANY OF THE OTHER BIG 3.  Just find a big guy to help rebound and this team will contend for a title right now.   The schedule is horrible this year.   Its too many games in too few days and that is part of the reason the team record is not as good as previous years. 
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]i agree, u dont trade rondo for anyone right now. unless howard will come and agree to an extension, u dont bother with anyone else, perhaps bynum. same deal with pp, i didnt see his resurgence coming. kg has been healthy and is the soul of the team. cant gut him. i would trade ray though if it meant getting a guy like monta ellis..period! u take a younger more athletic freak, period! btw, the thing with rr that really gets to me is that 13 of his 17 triple doubles have all been under the lights of national TV. he's the anti-lebron.. bigger the stage, better he plays and more he's likely to bring out the special sauce. still though rr needs a pierce or a real closer. without a hall of fame closer out there, we lose despite rr's great stas... he's not a CLOSER! rondo really is an undersized LEBRON!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED!:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see Linsanity shut down today.  Rondo really put on a show.  It would have been better if he would have not missed those 10 layups.  Overall Rondo really played great today.  Danny what ever you do DO NOT TRADE RONDO OR ANY OF THE OTHER BIG 3.  Just find a big guy to help rebound and this team will contend for a title right now.   The schedule is horrible this year.   Its too many games in too few days and that is part of the reason the team record is not as good as previous years. 
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]
    Now it's 10 lay ups????  We need a big?  Really?  Care to explain how we will get one? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is clearly a top 5 point gaurd in the league, we shouldnt trade him unless he wants to be traded
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

He could easily be top 2 if he could keep his attitude in check and grow up. He did well but missed many easy shots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED! : He could easily be top 2 if he could keep his attitude in check and grow up. He did well but missed many easy shots.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]rondo has grown to the point where he now calls all the plays on his own and even calls the defenses when he's out there. this is as rare as a qb calling his own plays. heck, jason kidd doesnt even get to call his own plays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rondo didnt even start his rookie year. He was behind Delonte West I believe.

Just keep everything in perspective.

Yes, Rondo is better than Lin, but shouldnt he be?

Lets compare their respective careers at the right time, but on sunday I saw what I expected.

Now the talk is that Davis will start. He is a vet who knew how to break down our defense and he was the reason they came back from our 1st quarter blowout.

ALl in All, Lin will be a good player, but they put too much on him too early. Atleast now he got a taste and knows his weaknesses.

HE will be MUCH better next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo didnt even start his rookie year. He was behind Delonte West I believe. Just keep everything in perspective. Yes, Rondo is better than Lin, but shouldnt he be? Lets compare their respective careers at the right time, but on sunday I saw what I expected. Now the talk is that Davis will start. He is a vet who knew how to break down our defense and he was the reason they came back from our 1st quarter blowout. ALl in All, Lin will be a good player, but they put too much on him too early. Atleast now he got a taste and knows his weaknesses. HE will be MUCH better next year.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]well-said...davis should and will be the starter, he's better with the first team. lin made his name running the second unit, there was no amare or melo. lin needs to run it up with jr smith, novak and jeffries and schumpert then close with amare, melo and chandler.. key is who closes the game, but yep lin at 25-30 minutes is what the knicks need.. he can play some 2 off the bench, perhaps he could play with baron at times as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG!

HE says DW, d-rose, chris paul, westbrook and then a close race between rondo and nash with nash getting the lead for he's more consistent and that his offense is better than rr's defense advantage. at 7th he had lowry (perhaps we could trade for him and scola or a martin), rubio at 8th, kyrie irving at 9th and lawson as 10th and climbing along with irving. he put guys like john wall (loses too much), kidd ( too old, not as good defensively, low shotting) lin (too many unknowns and inconsistencies),brandon jennings (shoots too poorly with too many turnovers) as also-rans. he thinks andre miller has been really underratedfor his career. he likes baron davis over lin as the starting PG in NY.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 5TH BEST PG!

Kidd looks really old, slow and unmotivated this year. And he is struggling due to age against smaller PG for some years now. But he was a tremendous defender when he was younger and last playoffs he defended great against bigger players like LeBron and Durant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG!:
    [QUOTE]HE says DW, d-rose, chris paul, westbrook and then a close race between rondo and nash with nash getting the lead for he's more consistent and that his offense is better than rr's defense advantage. at 7th he had lowry (perhaps we could trade for him and scola or a martin), rubio at 8th, kyrie irving at 9th and lawson as 10th and climbing along with irving. he put guys like john wall (loses too much), kidd ( too old, not as good defensively, low shotting) lin (too many unknowns and inconsistencies),brandon jennings (shoots too poorly with too many turnovers) as also-rans. he thinks andre miller has been really underratedfor his career. he likes baron davis over lin as the starting PG in NY.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

If that's Legler's list, he's stupid.  Parker is a top 5, first of all.  He's not even listed in your names above (behind Lowry, Lin, and Jennings, and Miller - PLEASE!  There's a reason the Spurs have the 3rd or 4th best record and he's the best player on the team.  Rubio has done nothing and everyone on this Board will take Kyrie Irving over Rubio any day of the week.  Rondo isn't given the right respect, either. 

Silly list.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : If that's Legler's list, he's stupid.  Parker is a top 5, first of all.  He's not even listed in your names above (behind Lowry, Lin, and Jennings, and Miller - PLEASE!  There's a reason the Spurs have the 3rd or 4th best record and he's the best player on the team.  Rubio has done nothing and everyone on this Board will take Kyrie Irving over Rubio any day of the week.  Rondo isn't given the right respect, either.  Silly list.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Rondo is far and away the best playmaker in the league.  He defense is top 5 IMO.  If he could create shots and make,  along with free throws there wouldn't be any discussion on who is the best. Unfortunately he has those flaws. He makes up for it in a lot a ways though. I have to put in in the top 5. Not behind by much either. If he just hit 80 percent from the line I have him in the top 3.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : Rondo is far and away the best playmaker in the league.  He defense is top 5 IMO.  If he could create shots and make,  along with free throws there wouldn't be any discussion on who is the best. Unfortunately he has those flaws. He makes up for it in a lot a ways though. I have to put in in the top 5. Not behind by much either. If he just hit 80 percent from the line I have him in the top 3.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

agreed, and the great thing about this is i believe his ft shooting is going to improve. each year rondo has been more and more assertive, and his scoring numbers have gone up. with that, he is going to start getting to the line more. now, Rondo's problem is going to the line and hitting 1-3 free throws every night. when he has been real aggressive, you see him going 8 or 9-12 from the line. so i think the more free throws he takes, you will see that improvement in his free throw shooting.

same with his jumpshot. two games ago he started horrible shooting the ball. during the timeout, doc told him to KEEP SHOOTING, he did, and ended up knocking down jumpshots over and over. 

like any elite scorer in this league, i think Rondo needs shots to be consistent, and he has to be willing to take that shot. then everyone will start to see an improvement. the future is bright for 9.